Dragon's Crown: side-scrolling fantasy beat 'em up for the PS3 & Vita - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 132 Old 08-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I just learned that there's no voice chat for online play, which is kind of a bummer if you plan to play with friends. It's not critical to the experience, but it's something to keep in mind.

- Jer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 132 Old 08-11-2013, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Skype is your friend. Since Demons Souls I've found it to me a much better option than anything provided in game so far (expect KZ2 with it's dedicated + proximity chat, which they took away in KZ3...)
post #93 of 132 Old 08-13-2013, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 421
This doesn't seem to be cross buy?
post #94 of 132 Old 08-14-2013, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Nope, but a save file can be transferred between both versions.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #95 of 132 Old 08-14-2013, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Skype is your friend. Since Demons Souls I've found it to me a much better option than anything provided in game so far (expect KZ2 with it's dedicated + proximity chat, which they took away in KZ3...)

So here's hoping they make a Xbox One version then? wink.gif

I kid...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #96 of 132 Old 08-14-2013, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Snagged the Vita version for portable fun. Thumbs tired after 45 minutes...have to rent the PS3 version sometime.
post #97 of 132 Old 08-15-2013, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Just bought this online for the PS3. I am absolutely loving it! I love how you get to choose from a large number of different skills and weapons. There is a lot of replay value in this game because of that. I've got it set up using my projector (~112" screen) and the visuals are spectacular. It's a nice change from all the FPS games and reminds me a lot of games like Magic Sword, Golden Axe and, of course, Dungeons and Dragons (which apparently this company made).

Too bad there's no cross buy with the Vita. The Vita needs a boost.

post #98 of 132 Old 08-15-2013, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Heh, not going Cross-Buy may boost the Vita version since every one who has it payed $40 specifically to get it rather than have it thrown in for free from a PS3 purchase.

One comparison for this game that some people may not be aware of is Guardian Heroes on the Sega Saturn. Prior to DC, it was my favorite beat 'em up RPG (Streets of Rage Remake remains my favorite beat 'em up).

Guardian Heroes had many of the same elements that DC has except it didn't have completely free 2.5D movement. Instead, you instantly moved up and down between three 2D planes so that you were able to sidestep attacks while inputting Street Fighter styled attack commands for magic and special moves. It was a great game back then, but the HD port unfortunately never came to the PS3.

Oh well, Dragon's Crown surpasses it in almost every way so I'm a happy camper. biggrin.gif

post #99 of 132 Old 08-15-2013, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Or people are like me, stuck in quandary.

Want to play it on the Vita, but want to own it on the PS3.

So I got neither. Maybe there will be a cross-buy code like Playstation Battle All Stars had on the disk-game.
post #100 of 132 Old 08-15-2013, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 122
I totally remember Guardian Heroes. Great game. My favourite side scrolling hack n slash up to this point has been Castlevania Symphony of the Night for the Playstation. DC beats it all around. Oh, and despite the silly bouncing mammaries which I find to be humourous, the game is very well rounded (no pun intended) and has pretty in-depth skill sets for the characters that I wasn't expecting. I mean, a 15-20 hour campaign? You know you're going to play it through on at least three of the characters. That's pretty good value. Oh, and boobs! I had to.

Lordxr5,

Get the Nyko Power Grip accessory that turns the Vita into a controller (also doubles the battery life). I have it and my hands never get tired.

post #101 of 132 Old 08-15-2013, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

I totally remember Guardian Heroes. Great game. My favourite side scrolling hack n slash up to this point has been Castlevania Symphony of the Night for the Playstation. DC beats it all around. Oh, and despite the silly bouncing mammaries which I find to be humourous, the game is very well rounded (no pun intended) and has pretty in-depth skill sets for the characters that I wasn't expecting. I mean, a 15-20 hour campaign? You know you're going to play it through on at least three of the characters. That's pretty good value. Oh, and boobs! I had to.

Lordxr5,

Get the Nyko Power Grip accessory that turns the Vita into a controller (also doubles the battery life). I have it and my hands never get tired.

Saw that on Gamestops site yesterday actually. Definitely looks like a must have.
post #102 of 132 Old 08-15-2013, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I'm a Nyko Power Grip believer! That thing is one of the best accessories I ever purchased. I thought it might make the Vita too difficult to hold for my 10 year old but she says she can still control games just fine.

post #103 of 132 Old 08-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

One comparison for this game that some people may not be aware of is Guardian Heroes on the Sega Saturn. [...] It was a great game back then, but the HD port unfortunately never came to the PS3.
Yes, this is very much in the same vein. Guardian Heroes is still one of my favorite games ever, and I was truly pissed that I missed out on the HD remake. Loved the branching structure, loved the insane arena mode (the colosseum in Dragon's Crown can't hold a candle to that one), and I liked the subtle commentary on religion that was woven through the different story paths.

Just finished Normal difficulty with my elf character, who hit the level 35 cap shortly before the final battle. This unlocked the online PvP arena (fun) and the randomized level generator (haven't tried it yet). Took me a little under 30 hours, though I've been doing all the side quests as I go.

So, that just leaves five more characters and two more difficulty levels for my elf. This could turn into a crazy time sink like the Souls games did...

- Jer
post #104 of 132 Old 08-17-2013, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Friendly warning - there's word going around that collecting bones of hacked player's corpses (i.e. Level 99 with crazy gear stats) can corrupt your save file if you try to bury them. It gives you a glitched item that messes up your save, so the best way to not activating it by accident when you do a bury all command is to avoid collecting bones while playing online.

Offline bone collecting is fine because the corrupt bones only happen if you meet a hacked file user while online.

post #105 of 132 Old 08-19-2013, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:

Friendly warning - there's word going around that collecting bones of hacked player's corpses (i.e. Level 99 with crazy gear stats) can corrupt your save file if you try to bury them. It gives you a glitched item that messes up your save, so the best way to not activating it by accident when you do a bury all command is to avoid collecting bones while playing online.

Offline bone collecting is fine because the corrupt bones only happen if you meet a hacked file user while online.
As far as I understand, you don't even need to meet the hacker. The online game is populated with bones from random other players. I could be wrong about that.

Your mom is a classy lady!

/ 

post #106 of 132 Old 08-22-2013, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

New patch is out! It fixes the hacker glitch and improves a lot of stuff in general. Here's a summary post from the Atlus forums:

Quote:
- Online stability has been improved.
- Hidden items can be collected by hovering the pointer over the sparkles.
- Item shortcut can be accessed with L1 button.
- Bomb and Dagger have an upward throw. (Up + Triangle)
- Repair All button added to Morgan's shop that allows you to repair items in all bags at once.
- Elf Arrow Bundles can only be seen by the Elf they are assigned to.
- Rune selection has been improved.
- Narrator no longer repeats your progress on the talismans.
- Option for matchmaking added, allows players to select from regional or all (global?) matchmaking.
- Various bug fixes, etc.

I know that The Elf's mid-air charged shot is now doing 25% more damage than a ground charge shot. This is actually a bug fix because points in power shot were actually dropping it's damage down to ground shot levels for no reason.

Also have no idea how stable or unstable the online is as I haven't gone online since the patch. Some folks seem to be having issues and others aren't so I dunno.

As for the hacked gear? They put a cap on durability, and made double of the same affixes on gear not possible. Well I should say that the game now deletes a stat when double exists which creates a new problem. That problem being that legit gear with double affixes also lose one. They SHOULD have made it reroll the stat if it was going to be a double not remove one. Kind of sucks, but if it fixes a hack then it is what it is. Anybody that was a victim to the hacked bones should be fine now. Hacked skill points on the other hand is not capped yet, but getting those bones will not harm you and you can bury them just fine.

post #107 of 132 Old 08-22-2013, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Ugh have yet to get online. Just fought me some pirates though. Do about a mission a play and have only put a couple hours in. Some of these are getting tough to beat the boss. Evidently you can just keep spawning back without losing anything?
post #108 of 132 Old 08-23-2013, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Ugh have yet to get online. Just fought me some pirates though. Do about a mission a play and have only put a couple hours in. Some of these are getting tough to beat the boss. Evidently you can just keep spawning back without losing anything?
It costs more money every time you choose to continue or revive a teammate.

Your mom is a classy lady!

/ 

post #109 of 132 Old 08-23-2013, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, you get a few lives each mission to complete a stage. If the game is hard for you, you can pray at the temple for an extra life I think.

If you lose all your lives, you can go back to the tavern to start all over, or pay to continue. If you pay to continue, it gets more expensive on your account each time you do. So try not to die needlessly if you can.

post #110 of 132 Old 08-23-2013, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, you get a few lives each mission to complete a stage. If the game is hard for you, you can pray at the temple for an extra life I think.

If you lose all your lives, you can go back to the tavern to start all over, or pay to continue. If you pay to continue, it gets more expensive on your account each time you do. So try not to die needlessly if you can.

Um...good advice that is probably a little late...doh! Now I need to see what my cost is up to.
post #111 of 132 Old 09-08-2013, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Finally got MP opened up. Playing on the Vita is very laggy. So...bought the console version today. Much smoother online. Saving the Vita for lunchtime fun at work now.
post #112 of 132 Old 09-09-2013, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Replay indeed. Wow beat it and was not expecting the ending.
post #113 of 132 Old 09-10-2013, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

You restored the first statue (one play through), or all three statues (three play throughs with alternate, tougher, missions)?

post #114 of 132 Old 09-10-2013, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You restored the first statue (one play through), or all three statues (three play throughs with alternate, tougher, missions)?

Just the first statue. Was all happy I beat it and was trying to decide what character I'd use on a second play...credits stop and statue tells me try a couple more times.
post #115 of 132 Old 09-10-2013, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

The new challenges on the next difficulty are pretty cool. New enemy A.I. tactics are introduced, and while the stages are the same, the missions and attack patterns are different. Your level cap is raised as well, so it's definitely worth going through twice more to truly complete the game (I'm not finished yet).

Which character are you using?

post #116 of 132 Old 09-10-2013, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

The knight. Cracked level 34 over lunch and tried the Labyrinth a bit which was challenging to say the least. Well the boss fights anyway.
post #117 of 132 Old 09-17-2013, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Hit 65 and just could not tackle the dragon end boss. Now I'm finding lvl 66 gear, wtf?
post #118 of 132 Old 09-17-2013, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

If you are at L65 you should know by now that a lot of your loot will be specc'd at levels above you. Sometimes you have to wait to wear high level gear by continuing with the same character on the next difficulty level when you beat it.

post #119 of 132 Old 09-17-2013, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Yea I'm just a little surprised I'm getting 66 gear without beating the end boss and rolling over to inferno.
post #120 of 132 Old 09-18-2013, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

New patch today. Not sure if I like it. Most of my allies vanished and had a weird temple glitch. They did add a colored arrow under your character to find them easier.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page