Will PS3 ever get party chat? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 09-04-2011, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just about a year ago i got a 360 and as a self admitted Sony Fanboy i was impressed by XBL. Most importantly when playing single player games i was still chatting with friends. As I got more games for the 360 the less i played the PS3 to the point that I would now prefer 360 games over the PS3, which is something that i thought i would never say. Multiplayer games on the PS3 usually has only a handful of people with mics, and with single player games it has become totally boring to play no matter how good the game is. And no i cannot stand doing text chat on the PS3. I just played through Red Dead Redemption and half way through the game i found myself turning on my xbox and leaving the controller on just so I can join a party chat as I played on the PS3. My latest game GT5, which i was excited to finally play just seems downright boring as I play alone. As much as I prefer GT5 over Forza I find myself playing Forza more just to be in XBL party chat. Its like playing basketbally by yourself , ya you can shoot hoops all you want but its always more fun when playing with friends. As sad as this sounds this rant/question was brought on as I moved my PS3 into my bedroom and disconnected it from my home theater as its only purpose in my house is that my gf will use it to stream Netflix. Maybe I will use it for a weekend when I will play Uncharted 3, but after that its future will see no use. I just dont understand its been this long since the ps3 released and still no party/cross game chat, all we have is the lame ass text chats. I would gladly pay for PSN if all they added was party chat.

PSN: AWDdsm
XBL: ORDEProject
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-04-2011, 02:23 AM

Liked: 11
No
post #3 of 16 Old 09-04-2011, 02:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 179
post #4 of 16 Old 09-04-2011, 04:06 AM

Oh yeah and the xbox forum is that way------->

Dont let the PS3 door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!!!

Bye bye, C-ya, Adios, ciao
post #5 of 16 Old 09-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Cool story!

The Weekend Warriors
post #6 of 16 Old 09-04-2011, 03:00 PM

Liked: 10
Why go on a rant, enjoy your Xbox or ask a question.

psn: ashunte
post #7 of 16 Old 09-04-2011, 10:11 PM

Liked: 93
Man. I find my PS3 to be kind of a piece of crap most of the time, and even I find this to be trolling for the sake of trolling.
post #8 of 16 Old 09-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Advanced Member

so you need to talk to people when you play video games... I don't... every one is different
post #9 of 16 Old 09-06-2011, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
It must be a age thing. The last thing I want to do when I'm playing a SP game is chat to anyone. I want to be immersed and play, not talk about crap with some dude. In my day we had phones and we called people when we wanted to talk.

I imagine the 360 player base as a bunch of 16 year old boys all talking about girls at school and calling each other gay as they play games. I never used party chat in the five years I had a 360 and hardly ever hooked my mic up for MP, I had no reason to ever talk to the scum of the Earth. I also muted everyone ASAP. I do the same thing on the PS3, I don't want to hear people breathing or yelling at people in their family or just yelling because they died.

Basically I hate other people.

Now playing: TLoU PS4
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs, Southpark: Stick of Truth, Infamous: SS
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #10 of 16 Old 09-06-2011, 10:20 AM

Liked: 832
The only thing I wish it was there for was in games like Demons Souls for NG+ with Friends, or BFBC2/BF3 where they artificially limit chat in a freaking team play game.

Nothing like having a team full of friends / clan members and having no way to coordinate attacks and gameplay.
post #11 of 16 Old 09-06-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

It must be a age thing. The last thing I want to do when I'm playing a SP game is chat to anyone. I want to be immersed and play, not talk about crap with some dude. In my day we had phones and we called people when we wanted to talk.

I imagine the 360 player base as a bunch of 16 year old boys all talking about girls at school and calling each other gay as they play games. I never used party chat in the five years I had a 360 and hardly ever hooked my mic up for MP, I had no reason to ever talk to the scum of the Earth. I also muted everyone ASAP. I do the same thing on the PS3, I don't want to hear people breathing or yelling at people in their family or just yelling because they died.

Amen Brother, Amen! Can I get a hallelujah?
post #12 of 16 Old 09-07-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDTrainer View Post

Amen Brother, Amen! Can I get a hallelujah?

No, but here's a hall pass back to your padded cell.
post #13 of 16 Old 09-07-2011, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

+2 I hate listening to thirty other languages mumbling a bunch of BS. I mute it all too. I don't care to listen to the prepubescent kids either squealing like bitches (even more so b/c they're usually kicking my ass)
post #14 of 16 Old 09-07-2011, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I love party chat, especially when playing with other AVS members. This way I can have chat and have teamwork with people I know are willing to work together. When I am solo I mute everyone else as well. Party chat with friends is one of my favorite experiences on Live. I would bet the PS4 will have the option. At this point I really didn't expect the PS3 to get it.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #15 of 16 Old 09-13-2011, 05:28 AM

I think party chat will be standard as soon as the next gen console comes out (assuming it has a larger memory footprint).

IMO, The best feature going with current gen games is the ability to MUTE players. The BS banter makes my ears bleed.
post #16 of 16 Old 09-13-2011, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
The fact that Sony is including the feature in Vita should tell you how relatively easy it will be to introduce in a new console, and that Sony knows people want it.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page