post #1 of 74 Old 09-08-2011, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Max Payne 3 emerging in May 15 2012, multiplayer included

Quote:
Today, we're proud to announce that Max Payne 3 - the new dark, gritty action experience that continues the tale of former New York City detective Max Payne and is sure to satisfy both newcomers and veterans to the historic franchise alike - is expected to launch on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC in March 2012 in North America and Europe.

Still haunted by the memories of his traumatic past, Max begins a new life working private security protecting a wealthy industrialist and his family in Sao Paulo, Brazil. When gangs target the family under his protection, Max is forced to fight to save his clients and clear his name, in a bid to, once and for all, rid himself of the demons that have tortured him for far too long.

A true cross-studio collaboration between Rockstar Games’ global development teams that picks up from where series creator Remedy Entertainment's Max Payne 2 left off, Max Payne 3 utilizes cutting edge technology for a seamless, cinematic action experience, incorporating the latest advances in Natural Motion physics as well as a brand new iteration of the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine, resulting in highly-refined gameplay with an extensive range of realistic weaponry, an intelligent cover system and sophisticated Bullet-Time mechanics.

In addition to an expansive single-player campaign, Max Payne 3 will also be the first entry in the series to introduce a thorough and engrossing multiplayer experience. In a unique twist, Max Payne 3 multiplayer delivers a compelling experience that dynamically alters maps and mode progression for all players in a match. Along with traditional multiplayer modes, Max Payne 3 will also include a deep reward and leveling system, persistent clans and multiple strategic load-out options.

Stay tuned for much more news very soon and check out a pair of brand new screenshots from Max Payne 3 below.

Link:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 Old 09-09-2011, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #3 of 74 Old 09-09-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 188
I really enjoyed the first one, but the second one was too weird early on so I never finished it. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one shapes up.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #4 of 74 Old 09-14-2011, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #5 of 74 Old 11-17-2011, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #6 of 74 Old 11-19-2011, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
game looks amazing. nice to see rockstar getting back on track after the failure that was la noire.

500 gigs FTW.
post #7 of 74 Old 11-21-2011, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Announcing the Max Payne 3 Special Edition

Today we're proud to unveil the first details of the Max Payne 3 Special Edition for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC - available for pre-order starting today and only until January 15th, 2012 while supplies last. Retailing for $99.99/£99.99/€109.99 and featuring digital multiplayer character and weapon packs not found anywhere else, this definitive Special Edition of Max Payne 3 will include:

• A copy of Max Payne 3.
• 10” tall Collectible Max Payne Statue created in a collaboration between TriForce and Rockstar Games.
• Series of game-inspired Original Still Life Art Prints that depict some of Max Payne’s inner demons and vices.
• Copper and brass-plated iron, bullet-shaped Bullet Keychain featuring a screw-off back.
• Classic Multiplayer Character Pack of eight playable multiplayer characters for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, including fan favorites from the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2 like Max Payne from Max Payne 2, Mona Sax and Vladimir Lem.
• Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons Pack for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer that includes the Hammerhead Auto Shotgun, G9 Grenade Launcher and Molotov cocktail.
• Max Payne 3 Official Soundtrack featuring the game’s instrumental score.

You can click the image above to see some of the contents in higher detail - and check back soon as we will be updating this post throughout the day with links to online retailers offering pre-order of the Special Edition, including international stores.

Link:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

Pre Order Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Payne-3-Sp...&creative=9325

I just pre ordered it on amazon already.

Can't wait for this game.
post #8 of 74 Old 11-21-2011, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Interesting... I've never played a Max Payne game before, but the trailers give me the impression of a high quality version of Wet or Stranglehold. I didn't really like the shooting mechanics in RDR, but I'll have to keep this game on my radar.
post #9 of 74 Old 11-21-2011, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post

Interesting... I've never played a Max Payne game before, but the trailers give me the impression of a high quality version of Wet or Stranglehold. I didn't really like the shooting mechanics in RDR, but I'll have to keep this game on my radar.

I'd highly recommend buying the first 2 games on PC off steam or some other place. They are dirt cheap now and usually you can find some awesome discount deals that offer Max Payne, Max Payne 2, and all of the GTA games for a great discount.

Do a search on google or some search engine for R* collection.
post #10 of 74 Old 11-23-2011, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #11 of 74 Old 12-02-2011, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #12 of 74 Old 12-04-2011, 07:33 PM

Liked: 10
Can't wait for the Max Payne 3 video game. It looks pretty cool huh. The director is so good that the characters really looks like a real person. Good job by the art director here.

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button. :p
yahoo merchant solutions|cubical
post #13 of 74 Old 12-08-2011, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #14 of 74 Old 01-18-2012, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #15 of 74 Old 01-18-2012, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Game has been delayed and is now releasing on May 15th.

Pre Order for special edition extended to April 2nd.
post #16 of 74 Old 01-19-2012, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 85
After GTA IV, and Red Dead, I was skeptical about how well they were gonna pull off the shooting in this game. Some loved it, but I thought GTA IV had clunky shooting. While RDR was better you couldn't hardly hit anything if you turned off the aim assist.

If Max Payne 3 controls as smoothly and accurately as these vids show then I'm in for a treat. It definitely looks like they are trying to capture the feel of the original, while adding all sorts of improvements. Nostalgia level is high watching the bullet time mechanics here.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #17 of 74 Old 01-20-2012, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

After GTA IV, and Red Dead, I was skeptical about how well they were gonna pull off the shooting in this game. Some loved it, but I thought GTA IV had clunky shooting. While RDR was better you couldn't hardly hit anything if you turned off the aim assist.

If Max Payne 3 controls as smoothly and accurately as these vids show then I'm in for a treat. It definitely looks like they are trying to capture the feel of the original, while adding all sorts of improvements. Nostalgia level is high watching the bullet time mechanics here.

Just got to remember that R* North are the producers behind the GTA games.

Max Payne 3 is being produced by R* Vancouver.

Red Dead Redemption was produced by R* San Diego.

Also Kotaku put out this interview with the original producers of Max Payne 1 & 2.

Remedy Says What Rockstar Has Done With Max Payne is "Brilliant"

It's never easy taking over an IP from somebody else. Especially when that IP is so iconic. Luckily, Rockstar Games is the sort of company who rises to a challenge and rarely lets us down. Although Max Payne has been in development for what seems like an eternity now, the closer we finally get to launch, the better and better it looks.

I recently caught up with Remedy Entertainment, the original creators of Max Payne (and now Alan Wake) who sold the franchise to Take Two in 2002 for $10 million dollars and a motherload of shares of TTwo stock.

After playing a bit of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (which I quite enjoyed) Remedy's head of franchise development "Ozz" Hakkinen and I got to talking about other things. One of those things was Max Payne 3.

I asked him what he thought about what Rockstar has done with Max Payne. I mean, Max Payne 2 came out almost 10 years ago and Remedy has not been involved in the development Max Payne 3 nor has series writer and creator Sam Lake. Yet, none of that seemed to matter. His answer was simply one word. "Brilliant."

Quote:

"We absolutely love what they've done and couldn't be more proud of where the series is headed"

"I mean, they don't really make ****** games, do they? It's as if the Rockstar logo has become this, "Seal of quality."

I agreed, but it was at that point that I brought up Manhunt 2 and we shared a laugh. Everybody gets one Rockstar... everybody gets one.

So Rockstar Games, if you're listening, keep up the "brilliant" work!

Link:

http://kotaku.com/5876306/remedy-say...e-is-brilliant
post #18 of 74 Old 01-21-2012, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
It's also worth noting that this is the Rockstar studio responsible for Bully. I'll admit that I have my misgivings since Remedy's two Max Payne games are two of my favorites (especially MP2). And Rockstar recently had a huge stinker with the work it did for Team Bondi--when Rockstar tried to salvage LA Noire by giving it a GTA makeover. And Max Payne 3 has been stuck in development limbo for a long time.

Despite all of that, it could be great. Rockstar Vancouver has a solid pedigree, and Rockstar did a great job of bringing RDR up to company standards. But this is a very different game from the GTA games and its ilk (Bully, LA Noire, and RDR). It may be too far out of their wheelhouse.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #19 of 74 Old 02-16-2012, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #20 of 74 Old 04-08-2012, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thread hasn't been updated in awhile and the release is a little over a month away.

post #21 of 74 Old 04-08-2012, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #22 of 74 Old 04-08-2012, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Also this since there are probably a lot of people on here like myself who haven't played the first 2 Max Payne games from the PS2 era or on PC.

Max Payne Mobile Coming to iOS Devices on April 12th and Android Devices on April 26th

Quote:

We’re pleased to announce that Max Payne Mobile will be available exclusively for iOS devices on Thursday, April 12th, with the Android version launching two weeks later on April 26th.

The full classic Max Payne PC experience, Max Payne Mobile has been optimized for both iOS and Android devices and features HD graphics, high-resolution textures, Social Club connectivity and user-customizable controls.

Max Payne Mobile on iOS supports the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4, iPad 1, iPad 2 and the new iPad. We'll have a list of supported Android devices in the coming weeks.

Check out a few screenshots from the iOS version below, and look for it on the App Store next week.

Link:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...d-android.html
post #23 of 74 Old 04-12-2012, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #24 of 74 Old 04-22-2012, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #25 of 74 Old 05-01-2012, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Really surprised that other people here on AVS aren't into or as excited as I am for Max Payne 3.

But oh well. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it's been so long and a whole different console generation since when the first 2 Max Payne games came out.

Also I think people on here are just not willing to try anything else published from R* if it isn't GTA V or they feel let down from LA Noire & Red Dead Redemption, and GTA IV.

Me personally I haven't bought that many PS3 games this year so far and this is one of the games I've been really looking forward to for a long time now. When it comes to shooters I'm just not a fan of FPS franchises like COD, Modern Warfare, or Battlefield games.

Third person shooters like Max Payne 3 and all of the Uncharted games are more of my style of shooter games.

Anyways if you got SPIKE TV they will be doing a full episode dedicated to Max Payne 3 this Thursday . If you don't have the time to watch or DVR it or just don't have this channel the full episode will be available to watch on gametrailers.com after the episode airs.

post #26 of 74 Old 05-01-2012, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
why isn't this game out already? i want it now! stupid rockstar and their stupid delays.

500 gigs FTW.
post #27 of 74 Old 05-01-2012, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
It seems like a good game, but I'm more interested in Starhawk and Ghost Recon (May 8 and 22 respectively). I'll pick it up after a price drop.
post #28 of 74 Old 05-01-2012, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

And now here is the bad news on DLC info for the game:

Quote:

Today we're happy to announce Max Payne 3 downloadable content plans with a full lineup of multiplayer content planned for release this summer and beyond, starting with the Local Justice Map Pack coming in June. Players will also be able to order the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass to get all of the upcoming DLC at a special discounted rate, compared to purchasing each pack individually. Starting today, the Rockstar Pass can be pre-ordered for Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network from Best Buy or GameStop in the United States (or pre-ordered for PSN directly from the PlayStation Store).

The Rockstar Pass grants you access to all upcoming Max Payne 3 DLC and will be available for 2400 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE), or $29.99 (PlayStation Network and PC) – over a 35% discount compared to purchasing the content individually. Once purchased, the Rockstar Pass enables gamers to download all DLC releasing through the end of 2012 via the in-game store as soon as it is made available on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, or PC.

The Local Justice Map Pack, coming in June, will include the Police Precinct map for Gang Wars, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer multiplayer modes. The pack will also feature two additional maps for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer, new precinct-themed multiplayer avatar items, multiplayer challenges, and more.

Check out the current release schedule (individual release dates and pricing info will be announced soon) for Max Payne 3 downloadable content packs below and stay tuned for additional packs to be revealed at a later date:

June 2012
• Local Justice Map Pack

Summer 2012
• Disorganized Crime Map Pack
• Deathmatch Made In Heaven Mode Pack
• Hostage Negotiation Map Pack
• New York Minute Co-Op Pack

Fall 2012
• Painful Memories Map Pack
• Trickle Down Economics Map Pack

Link:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...t-details.html

Yeah R* is happy with this but me and a bunch of other consumers won't be happy paying $29.99 for a pass that give you all of the DLC. It's just STUPID and R* has gone the route of other industry game developers & publishers of just price gouging consumers on DLC for games this console generation.

$39.99 for the GTA IV Episodes From liberty was also overpriced at first and I waited over a year before I bought it for $19.99.

I'm seriously only going to just use & redeem the bonus multi player maps and other game items I got for pre ordering this game from Amazon.

post #29 of 74 Old 05-02-2012, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipinoyakuza View Post

Yeah R* is happy with this but me and a bunch of other consumers won't be happy paying $29.99 for a pass that give you all of the DLC. It's just STUPID and R* has gone the route of other industry game developers & publishers of just price gouging consumers on DLC for games this console generation.

The issue of whether or not this is "price gouging" aside, why is it surprising that Rockstar/Take Two would do what every other major studio and publisher are doing? It's not like they've got a track record of bucking industry trends, or of doing great things for consumers. They've never been especially unusual that way. They make exceptional games, but they aren't exceptional in how they sell their games.

So, really, I think it's strange to be outraged over what appears to be a totally standard DLC plan. Also, no one's forcing you to buy a bunch of multiplayer maps--especially for a singleplayer focused game. The reason to play this won't be for its multiplayer.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #30 of 74 Old 05-02-2012, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

The issue of whether or not this is "price gouging" aside, why is it surprising that Rockstar/Take Two would do what every other major studio and publisher are doing? It's not like they've got a track record of bucking industry trends, or of doing great things for consumers. They've never been especially unusual that way. They make exceptional games, but they aren't exceptional in how they sell their games.

So, really, I think it's strange to be outraged over what appears to be a totally standard DLC plan. Also, no one's forcing you to buy a bunch of multiplayer maps--especially for a singleplayer focused game. The reason to play this won't be for its multiplayer.

Since Rockstar/Take Two is so obviously focused on multiplayer support, I'm surprised they are trying to divide up the user base six ways. Every map/mode pack creates a smaller player pool than the one before, and by the time the seventh pack hits (however many months later) you have a mishmash of active content only used by pockets of players. It became a problem in the multiplayer of RDR and looks to continue here.

Having a concern about the product you're going to buy is not very strange at all. Accepting things blindly because 'that's the way they do it' is not a very consumer savvy position either. Single player looks to be amazing. Multiplayer looks to be good fun, at least for 7 months or so.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page