Final Fantasy X HD Remake - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2014, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 113
I was thinking about getting this for the vita. i dont think i would get it for the ps3 because i still have the original versions for the ps2 (and my ps2 still hooked up) and the primitive graphics dont bug me at all.

However, getting it on the vita would allow me to play it on the go, such as the times my work sends me to camp for a week. I'm at camp now and my major sanity saving device has been my psp and persona 2: innocent sin. a good final fantasy game would work as well.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post

I was thinking about getting this for the vita. i dont think i would get it for the ps3 because i still have the original versions for the ps2 (and my ps2 still hooked up) and the primitive graphics dont bug me at all.

However, getting it on the vita would allow me to play it on the go, such as the times my work sends me to camp for a week. I'm at camp now and my major sanity saving device has been my psp and persona 2: innocent sin. a good final fantasy game would work as well.

No reason not to, they have cross save support so you could get both.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

No reason not to, they have cross save support so you could get both.

Well, i dont know if my wife would go for it, but ffx was her 2cnd favorite in the series so i might be able to convince her. i would be willing to get it because i wasnt able to beat all those optional bosses the first time through the game and while i thought the story was lame, i really enjoyed the game system and sphere grid.

And how about that combat system in ffx-2? freaking awesome. best ff combat ever! and dresspheres were cool to me as i dont mind magical girl transformations. i just wish the story quality matched with the quality of the combat system in the game...

Old 01-06-2014, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Well, i dont know if my wife would go for it, but ffx was her 2cnd favorite in the series so i might be able to convince her. i would be willing to get it because i wasnt able to beat all those optional bosses the first time through the game and while i thought the story was lame, i really enjoyed the game system and sphere grid.

And how about that combat system in ffx-2? freaking awesome. best ff combat ever! and dresspheres were cool to me as i dont mind magical girl transformations. i just wish the story quality matched with the quality of the combat system in the game...

I've never owned ffx-2. I knew people liked it, but I never heard anyone say the combat was awesome. What made it better?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEPenguin View Post

I've never owned ffx-2. I knew people liked it, but I never heard anyone say the combat was awesome. What made it better?

It was very fast paced, similar in speed to 13, but with full party control and no auto battle.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Old 01-06-2014, 11:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Not just that, but the sheer amount of options for the job classes in battle put ff13 to shame. and it was all done at blazing speed. you were always inputting something and by the time that was set, the other two characters needed input. in fact it was almost too fast, but most of the enemies were easy which is what made that blistering speed managable.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEPenguin View Post

Quote:

It was very fast paced, similar in speed to 13, but with full party control and no auto battle.

And to me that was what made it one of the worst systems. Granted, I did like the Dresssphere thing, but having to control all three members at the same time with no ability to pause between commands was far too hectic for my liking.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

And to me that was what made it one of the worst systems. Granted, I did like the Dresssphere thing, but having to control all three members at the same time with no ability to pause between commands was far too hectic for my liking.

Wasn't it possible to use "Wait" mode?

Old 01-07-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wasn't it possible to use "Wait" mode?

If there was, I certainly never saw the option. It just felt like non-stop action where I didn't even have the chance to look through my list of commands.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:46 PM

Liked: 10

On FFX-2 you could change the style of play to be the same of 10 or make it the active battle gauge (whatever name they gave it) to keep the pace up. I think that was a nice idea but I enjoyed getting combos when peoples moves overlapped each other.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GluedOnBeard View Post

On FFX-2 you could change the style of play to be the same of 10 or make it the active battle gauge (whatever name they gave it) to keep the pace up. I think that was a nice idea but I enjoyed getting combos when peoples moves overlapped each other.

I like that they made that incentive to keep the combat "Active".

Old 01-14-2014, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GluedOnBeard View Post

I'm going to have to recheck this once the remake comes out because I honestly do not recall there being that option. If there was, I know for certain that I would have switched (back to FFX's style).
Old 01-14-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

The more I look at Tidus' new face, the more I don't want to buy this and just replay my PS2 copy...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Old 01-15-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

So, do we know if this is truly, FINALLY coming out in March or have they delayed it yet again?
Old 01-15-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So, do we know if this is truly, FINALLY coming out in March or have they delayed it yet again?

Yes, it is coming out in March, Japan already has it and SE has begun to market the game.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Old 01-24-2014, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

On the subject of Final Fantasy, has anyone downloaded the demo for Lightning Returns yet?

I d/l'd it the other day and tried it. It's pretty cool actually. The combat system is very neat, and the changing of "dress spheres" (they're called something else in LR) is seamless and instantaneous. It makes for an interesting system. And the graphics are quite nice. Ignore the haters. The character models are especially well done. The level of customization one can do with Lightning's outfit is fantastic.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

I played the Japanese demo when it hit, didn't really care for it. Then again, I still think the original XIII has the best combat of the series, so much potential to break the game without feeling truly cheap.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Old 01-24-2014, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I played the Japanese demo when it hit, didn't really care for it. Then again, I still think the original XIII has the best combat of the series, so much potential to break the game without feeling truly cheap.

I think XIII had the potential to be the best combat in the series, but I think they dropped the ball by taking away control of the other 2 party members.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think XIII had the potential to be the best combat in the series, but I think they dropped the ball by taking away control of the other 2 party members.

When you play correctly you would never have time to control all three, it goes way too quickly. By the end 3 characters with haste and 5 atb bars you barely have time to enter commands for one of them before the next bar is full. Luckily the AI is pretty smart overall.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Old 01-25-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

When you play correctly you would never have time to control all three, it goes way too quickly. By the end 3 characters with haste and 5 atb bars you barely have time to enter commands for one of them before the next bar is full.

That's exactly how I felt about X-2.

I personally would give the nod to XII as the best FF combat I've played (Grandia 3, followed closely by Shadow Hearts: Covenant, is still my favorite of all time).
A) The action would stop when entering commands so you actually had time to think about your next move, and
B) The gambit system and the level of configuration you could give to your other 2 members was fun.

While I liked how your partners in XIII learned the enemy's weaknesses and acted accordingly, with XII if you entered gambits wrong, you wouldn't have that luxury.
What I didn't like about XII was how each member could use any weapon. I personally like each person to specialize in a certain one. It gives them individuality.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

The combat in 12 was a little slow paced for me. It wasn't a terrible system, but I would like to see a slightly more complex and fast-paced implementation of the gambit system in a future game.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

I still don't get why the devs can't make a system that benefits all players. Why can't they put in an option to have traditional turn-based where the action stops for us reaction-challenged people biggrin.gif and an option for it to be fast paced and non-stop action for those who want more of a challenge?

Oh, and hear, hear to NuSoardGraphite's suggestion to another gambit system. biggrin.gif
Old 01-26-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, 15 plays like Kingdom Hearts so turn based is not coming back any time soon. If you want classic Final Fantasy, go pick up Bravely Default on the 3DS next month.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Old 01-27-2014, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, 15 plays like Kingdom Hearts so turn based is not coming back any time soon. If you want classic Final Fantasy, go pick up Bravely Default on the 3DS next month.

Yeah, I saw the video for the latest FF that will be coming out and I have to say I won't be wasting my time with it. That looks way too frenetic to me.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, I saw the video for the latest FF that will be coming out and I have to say I won't be wasting my time with it. That looks way too frenetic to me.

FFXV is my most anticipated tittle in the last 7 years. hopefully it will be very good. i'm a fan of action rpg's when they are done right and hopefully this one will bridge the gap between tales-like battles and mass effect/dragon age like battles.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm currently enjoying Stella Deus: The Gate of Eternity that I downloaded from the PS Store. That just goes to show where my comfort zone is in regards to these type games.

I just love being able to employ 6 characters at once and have the time to setup battles and make decisions when I want to. biggrin.gif
Old 03-08-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

So, has anyone heard anything about this possibly dropping a week early at GameStop?

Most have the release date as 3/18, but the GS site has it listed as 3/11.

I'll probably call the day before to see, but I don't have much confidence that they'll know for sure. Like Best Buy employees, they tend to just go by what they see on screen.

*EDIT* - Nevermind. They apparently caught on and changed the date.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:25 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:

So, has anyone heard anything about this possibly dropping a week early at GameStop?

Most have the release date as 3/18, but the GS site has it listed as 3/11.

I'll probably call the day before to see, but I don't have much confidence that they'll know for sure. Like Best Buy employees, they tend to just go by what they see on screen.

*EDIT* - Nevermind. They apparently caught on and changed the date.

Getting peeps hope up!! Shame on ya lol but its coming soon enough and I'll be there day 1!

TV: Sony KDL-70R550a
AV: Sony DH740
Center: Polk CS2 Series 2
L/R: Polk Monitor 70 Series 2
Side/Rear Surrounds: Polk Monitor 40 Series 2
Sub-woofers: Polk PSW10 (x2)
Old 03-09-2014, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Just got my PSV, so in order to celebrate, I think I'll get the Vita version of these games. I think the graphics will look quite nice on the Vita. Never did get to beat some of those crazy optional bosses at the end of X and only got about halfway through X-2. I want to play that awesome X-2 battlesystem again. It put just about every other Final Fantasy game out there to shame, it was so fast!

Old 03-10-2014, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

While I did finish X-2, I never fully maxed out the Songstress dressphere.

For those of you that did, was this thing any good or worth the time using in combat? Of what little I saw of it, it seemed like a waste of time.

Tags
Final Fantasy X X 2 Hd Remaster Limited Edition