Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1765 Old 02-21-2012, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
It stinks that I'm already getting rid of a couple of demos just to download Unit 13 and some apps. 4 gigs is peanuts. I can't wait until I get a 32 gig card. At least for the time being, I'll be able to use the new content.
post #363 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 04:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
For the longest time I was under the impression the VITA was going to have tv out, wasn't this announced to be part of the spec (when did they pull that feature, or was it never official)?

Jason
post #364 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

It stinks that I'm already getting rid of a couple of demos just to download Unit 13 and some apps. 4 gigs is peanuts. I can't wait until I get a 32 gig card. At least for the time being, I'll be able to use the new content.

+1

I thought 4Gig would hold me, but then as I started poking around the PSN Store I soon realized what folly that was.

It looks like Sony is going to get an extra $100 from me. Damn expensive month, and with iPod3 launching next month...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

For the longest time I was under the impression the VITA was going to have tv out, wasn't this announced to be part of the spec (when did they pull that feature, or was it never official)?

Never had it, so that must have been a rumor. The older PSPs (Slim, and Go I think?) have video out - maybe that is what you were thinking? Fingers crossed this might be added down the road.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
post #365 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Don't know what good reason exists for not including tv-out functionality, seeing as older PSP models had it. Of course, this gives them an excellent 'selling' point for the inevitable PS Vita revision down the line.

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

post #366 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Anyone care to share details about wifi connectivity? Does it have all the latest security options? Can it connect to free wifi hotspots? I know I could prolly read the manual, but I prefer firsthand experiences. TIA.

bg
post #367 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Speaking of AV out, I think it was both a cost cutting move and a reason to upgrade to the next revision. I'm almost positive that it will have HDMI output for the simple fact that Sony indicated that I'll be able to playback 1080p videos in the future.

I can see why they'd make business decisions like that but on the other hand, having as many features now would have helped them sell more. Heck, I'm sure their are people who would have paid more to have built in storage, HDMI output and at least 1 HD capable camera if not both of them and 4G rather than 3G. While I'm at it, might as well add the ability to use any carrier. Perhaps all that could have been done for a price tag of around $450. For sure, it would probably be slightly thinker but I know I wouldn't mind that if it means getting everything else.

For now, you can download Trend Micro if you wanted extra web security and yes, the PS VITA should be able to go on any Wi-Fi hot spot and an iPod or Android can link to.
post #368 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Speaking of WiFi, I haven't had a problem getting on protected wifi w/ password, or open wifi. And I haven't tested it yet, but I believe it can automatically connect to open HotSpots.

With that said, I've been having some wifi issues that I think are software or server related. I haven't been able to connect to Near over the last couple days - it will find my location fine, but once it tries to submit it, it gives an error message. I took it on a trip to Hilton Head over the weekend, and my Vita still thinks I'm there!

Also, in wipEout2048 I only see leaderboards/friends' times on occasion. And I do have one person on my FL who is playing this.

So I think the hardware is working fine, but there's some wifi integration problems, and I'm assuming these problems might be server-side.

post #369 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

Speaking of AV out, I think it was both a cost cutting move and a reason to upgrade to the next revision. I'm almost positive that it will have HDMI output for the simple fact that Sony indicated that I'll be able to playback 1080p videos in the future.

Possibly.....personally I never used that function on my old PSP and most likely wouldn't use it on the vita, but I can definitely see it being an issue for some. Is adding that functionality possible through a software update?

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

post #370 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Apparently the new Netflix app is available. I checked last night and it wasn't there yet, so it must have just gone up.

post #371 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Apparently the new Netflix app is available. I checked last night and it wasn't there yet, so it must have just gone up.

I downloaded it this morning. Works well enough. You can use the dpad and buttons to navigate along with touchscreen. I still can't figure out how to tweet screenshots in-game though.

360/PSN ID - PanzerNinja
http://www.gamersvantage.com
post #372 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 09:50 AM

Got mine this morning. Everything was working fine until the rear touch panel stopped working. Was able to fix it though by powering down and rebooting. Anyone else experience this yet? Also, couldnt find a 32gb memory card anywhere around here, so had to order one from amazon. Now I have 6 blue game cases and a brand new vita to look at, and 2 downloaded games on the ps3 waiting to be transferred to the vita. It's gonna be a long few days waiting on this memory card
post #373 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw View Post

Possibly.....personally I never used that function on my old PSP and most likely wouldn't use it on the vita, but I can definitely see it being an issue for some. Is adding that functionality possible through a software update?

If you mean 1080p playback, then yes. I exported a music video that I produced to work on a Vita with an average bit rate of about 13 to 14 and I saw that it would sometimes drop frames but when I played backed that video on both the PS3 and the computer, I saw that on many high action scenes, the bit rate shot over 30Mbps. Besides a few frame drop areas, I was shocked that the unit was that strong. I think it would have no problems playing back 1080p files at all as long as the bit rate doesn't shoot up too high but as is, the PS VITA has a 720p cap.

Here's the video in question.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR_ZbTIHiVk
Keep in mind that their are a lot of scenes that stays at about 6 to 7Mbps since your seeing a motionless photo in the background. It doesn't need that high of a bit rate so that's why during the high action scenes, the bit rate would sometimes go very high if I set the bit rate to an average of around 13 or 14. For a regular looking video with an average bit rate of about 13 (Maybe 10 to be safe), I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see any frame drop issue at all. I'm going to experiment more with the playback abilities.

For people who wants to put their HD videos on the Vita, here are some suggestions.
Set it to Level 3.1 for the H.264 video stream. Resolution of 1280x720p is the max but 960x540 is fine. Yes the screen is 544p but 1920x1080p videos will divide easily into 960x540 and what I noticed is that videos off PSN are 540p. For the audio stream, set it to AAC with a max bit rate of around 256kbps.

For sure it would have been awesome if the unit had HDMI output and the ability to playback 1080p videos to an HD screen.
post #374 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmh71 View Post

It's gonna be a long few days waiting on this memory card

You can mess with Near a bit, and get those all the trophies in Welcome Park.

Do the AR games require a memory card?

post #375 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Well, the charging cable was poorly designed. I had it plugged into the Vita upside down without realizing it was wrong and was wondering why the orange light didn't come on to indicate it is charging. Only after panicking and playing around with it did I try to plug the cable in the other way, and the light came on. It seems like they could have designed it such that the cable could only plug into the Vita one way.

Of course, maybe if I read the manual, it would have stated that. But we're men. We don't need no stinkin' manuals.

Haven't had a chance to play with it yet. Stupid job taking away from my play time. I'll spend some time with it tonight while watching Idol.

On the bright side, because of my Sony Style gift card, I was able to get the wi-fi version, 32GB card, and travel pouch for just shy of $15 out of pocket. Not too shabby.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #376 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 03:44 PM

I have seen OLED. And it is good.
post #377 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Picked up the Wireless Vita today, along with a 32gb stick, Lumines-Uncharted-Wipeout (Buy 3 Deal) and Marvel vs Capcom. Played a little Wipeout and got the system set up. I have to admit I like the interface once you get used to it.
Getting content on or off the vita i whacked, just using the poor content manager on my Mac is a chore. Not having access to the card thru USB Sync is disappointing. Movies look great on the unit, and it played movies I had encoded for my Apple TV perfectly fine, including Hi Def 720p encoded. The player is a bit more bare boned compared to the original PSP, no Ability to Zoom the image which I miss.

Still playing around and liking it so far.
post #378 of 1765 Old 02-22-2012, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 113
More information on upcoming Motorstorm RC from the PS Blog:

Quote:

MotorStorm RC Comes to PS Vita, PS3 on March 6th

+ Posted by Paul Rustchynsky // Game Director, MotorStorm RC
MotorStorm RC has very humble beginnings. It started out as a simple concept we were playing around with during lunch times, a pet project to challenge each other to set the fastest times, originally using post-its on the wall as a low-fi leader board!

Through a lot of love, care, and attention, MotorStorm RC has been transformed into the most exciting and addictive racing game we’ve ever created. It gives me great pleasure to finally be able to share that experience with you all — MotorStorm RC will be available on March 6th for both PS Vita and PS3 from the North American PlayStation Store.

See how much fun it is for yourself by picking up the free demo when the full game hits PlayStation Store on March 6th, and check out the extremely rare vehicles while you’re there…if that sort of thing takes your fancy.

So much to do!
MotorStorm RC revisits the extreme locations its bigger brothers put on the map: battling around the rocks and mesas of Monument Valley, crashing through jungles and tearing up the sandy beaches of Pacific Rift, sliding across ice sheets and barrelling down the mountains of Arctic Edge, and weaving through a city ruined by Apocalypse.

You’ll race eight classic MotorStorm vehicle types, ranging from the off-road Buggies to the lightning-fast Super Cars, and take on a full festival championship with dozens of events and medals to earn. As you rise to become the champion of every event, you will compete in wheel-to-wheel racing with eight vehicles on the track at a time, you’ll also be faced with three other game types: Drift, where you need to power slide for as many points as possible, Pursuit, where you need to move your way up the grid to first place from the back of the back as fast as possible and Hot Lap, the classic race against the clock for the fastest single-lap time.

Outside of the Festival, you can race at your own leisure in Free Play or fight for fractions of a second in the fiercely competitive world of Time Attack. And as you’d expect, MotorStorm RC on your PS3 serves up some good old fashioned split-screen multiplayer action for up to four players.

Race your way
Because of the unique way MotorStorm RC was made,picking it up on either the PS Vita or PS3 makes it available for the other platform at no extra cost. Not only does this give you great value, it means that all progress, lap times, unlocks, medals and trophies that have been achieved on one version are synchronised to the other, allowing you to take your game with you wherever you go, picking up where you left off.

Old-school racing for the connected generation
MotorStorm RC embraces the classic arcade racing styles that make the genre so iconic and brings it right up-to-date. With online leaderboards for every event, track and vehicle you can compete against your friends and the rest of the world with ease, no matter what your favorite race is.
The Pitwall is the home of your RC community, a constant supply of up-to-the-second updates of your friends’ progress. See their victories, their defeats and, most importantly, challenge them to beat your own times. The Pitwall will alert you when your friends set faster times than you, so the competition never lets up.

The ethos of MotorStorm RC’s competitive play has always been convenience and, with leaderboard challenges between friends and cross-play across both PS Vita and PS3, it’s never been easier to beat your friends, no matter what platform you’re playing on or what time of day it is.

So much more for you to discover
With a wide range of vehicles to collect and customize, a playground to explore and a Platinum Trophy to chase down, there’s plenty more for you to go out and discover in MotorStorm RC. On top of all that, for PS3 there are a few little extras: 1080p HD visuals; stereoscopic 3D; SimulView same-screen multiplayer and classic four-player split-screen multiplayer.

I hope you enjoy playing MotorStorm RC. We’ll be sure to call back here soon to share more details about March 6th and, thanks to our partners at Toyota, we’ll also have some more good news to share with you about MotorStorm RC.

I've highlighted the important bits--but March 6 is going to be a GOOD day--Mass Effect 3, MLB the Show 12, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Motorstorm RC.

OtherWorlds - My Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writing Blog
post #379 of 1765 Old 02-23-2012, 03:34 AM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst6 View Post

I have seen OLED. And it is good.

So turned on my Vita, and the first thing I saw was something like this...

Ugh.

Not exactly the Vita's fault, but OLED in general, it seems. A replacement is already on it's way, but I expect I'll still get some of those artifacts on blacks in low light conditions. I guess all display techs have their own shortcomings, though I believe if they'd have gone Super AMOLED, this wouldn't have been an issue as the super AMOLED phones I've seen were PERFECTLY uniform with no issues whatsoever. I would venture a guess by saying that 2nd gen Vitas will probably have those screens.

Other than that, the Vita is pretty awesome, though I've spent most of my time setting it up and getting acquainted with it. I only fired up Uncharted for a few minutes. Graphics are impressive, but still not 1st gen ps3. Still, it's DAMN sexy.

Again, guys, find a black background or really dark scenes, and very low light conditions. Let us know what you see. That's not my Vita on the pic above, but mine is a milder version of that, and it's distracting and obvious if you have no lights on.
post #380 of 1765 Old 02-23-2012, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Can't see exactly what the issue is in that photo (sun is shining into my office window, so the monitor is a bit awash), but I think I can imagine what it looks like, as I was coming on here to see if other guys were seeing what I see on black loading screens (I noticed it during the load screens in Uncharted). Darker black splotches scattered around the screen. That is the only time I see it...on a completely (or almost completely) black screen. When I am playing a game, I don't see it at all. I was wondering if they are all like this, and if it is normal. I was in my darkened bedroom when I saw this, so maybe it is not visible in normal lighting conditions. I'll have to check.

Aside from that, this thing looks great. I only played the demos of Rayman and Uncharted so far (well, and a bit of Welcome Park), but man, the colors and overall sharpness are awesome. I have the full versions of Rayman and Uncharted, but I stuck with the demos last night. I did have the hand cramping that I used to get when playing the PSP, but I powered through. I may need to look into that trigger-attachment thingy that was posted a few pages back.

And I'll definitely have to check out Motorstorm in a few weeks, especially since buying it on one platform makes it available on the other as well at no additional cost. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of this in the near future.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #381 of 1765 Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 AM

Liked: 13
Will I be able to play multiplayer between 2 vitas without being on wifi or 3G? Basically, will they connect over bluetooth or something? Thanks.

Geaux Tigers!!!
LSU football
2003 BCS National Champions!!!
2007 BCS National Champions!!!
post #382 of 1765 Old 02-23-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtweezy View Post

Will I be able to play multiplayer between 2 vitas without being on wifi or 3G? Basically, will they connect over bluetooth or something? Thanks.

Yes, like the PSP, Vita uses wifi (ad hoc multiplayer) to connect to other Vitas directly.

So, I've played the Unit 13 demo and it's pretty awesome. After Uncharted: GA, I was a little concerned that shooters on the Vita were better in theory than in practice. I found the aiming in Uncharted to be pretty difficult and not really all that fun -- Unit 13 gets it right. Gunplay is almost as good as on a home console.

I think Zipper has finally found it's niche. I didn't like either MAG or Socom 4 on the PS3 partly because of the subpar graphics, but on the Vita, it's less of a concern. I'll definitely be buying Unit 13, but now I'm hoping that Zipper is hard at work on Socom Vita (or patching vs multiplayer into Unit 13). Looking forward to CoD and Battlefield on the Vita (will probably skip Resistance -- the developer, Nihilistic, doesn't have a great track record).

On a side note, the download speeds on the Vita seem to have improved a lot after the 1.61 patch.

Edit: looks like I had auto-aim set to off on Uncharted. What a difference... can't believe I played the entire game like that. I thought this would be the first Uncharted game I could not platinum... not anymore. The gyro aiming is great.
post #383 of 1765 Old 02-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Spent a few hours with my 3G Vita, and a few games and here are some initial thoughts:

HARDWARE:Sony proves once again they're top notch hardware engineers. The physical build of the device feels very sturdy. So from nuts to bolts--it's just a wonderful thing to hold, and oh man that OLED is goddamn gorgeous. I feel like if I were to drop the device on my kitchen floor it would probably survive without cracking screen (not testing that!). I'm still not sure how the Vita will fit into my life--as I just got it--because I love it, but it's just not small enough to tuck into my pocket. It seems it'll be for couch while my wife plays SKyrim for the next 2 years and, of course, travel.

OS & UI: Although at first a little awkward to use, it turns out I really like the look and feel of the interface. It's fast, responsive and mostly intuitive once you understand the format. When you tap an icon to launch the game, it instantly goes to a start-up screen where there are links to start the game, read the manual, go get DLC (if available), visit the website (if available) and a few other things. Not all games include all the stuff, but in my experience most appear to. It doesnt feel cluttered or overbearing to me, and really apprecaite the digital manual thing.

Applications close instantly, with a simple press of the home button and a quick swiping--love it.

The screen treads downward as you install new software. Like iOS there are little dots along the side so you can see what page you're on. So far I have not found a way to remove icons though. When I put in my copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma, is prompted to install (huh?) and did so in about 2 seconds and now the icon sits there even when the cart is removed.

The virtual keyboard layout is also very similar to iOS where the key you hit pops up over your finger so you can see what character is hit, and I like it. However the autocomplete isnt nearly as competent, but at least it's there.

Trying to set up the 3G account thing with ATT was a nightmare, but perhaps not necicarily at the fault of Sony or ATT. Though I already have a mobile account, I couldnt remember my login to the ATT website. Trying to reset my password sucked. The dropdown security menus to answer the security questions didnt work on the Vita. I tried various other ways and finally gave up. I tried for a good 30 minutes, mainly because I wanted SSDD, but eventually just spent the $15 on the game. It was worth the frustration (and wasted time, now that I'm a daddy).

Also, in the inital setup I had to login with a temp account to update the Vita firmware in order to get my regular PSN to work. But the fun didnt end there. Initially my account was recognized either, despite being 100% certain I was inputting the correct username and password. Heck I even changed my password twice on my PS3 to make sure of it! I was 2 seconds away from calling Sony support until I plugged the Vita into my PS3 and it prompted "would you like to use the current account on your PS3?" I said yes, input the same password I've been using and it connected--YES!!

Transfering all the games over (6) from my PS3 to the Vita was slow, but there was also 8GB of data to move (read: not copy). But the interface to do all this worked well enough.

(Note: I've not beat any of these games, this are initial impressions so my opinions could change!)

(9/10) Rayman Origins: The showpiece! This is the software you're going to pull out to show off what the Vita is capable of, and in particular how beautiful the OLED screen really is. But if you're not aware, Rayman Origins is cheeky and fun and worth the $40.

(8/10) Mutant Blog Attacks: An underrated, great game I hope people don't pass on, especially for the price. In fact it's probably tied with my second favorite Vita title (Super Stardust Delta). It's wacky, fun, easy to jump in and out of. It's like a 2D Katamari. You roll around collecting junk to get bigger, so it's got a puzzle aspect to it. Is it better than Katamari, I dont know because I've not played it yet, but it's a lot cheaper.

(7/10) Lumines: It's Lumines, but with more Electronic Symphony.

(5/10) Dungeon Hunter: It's ok, but not really worht the $40 they're asking. Pick it up when it hits $15-$20 unless you're dying for a dungeon crawler.

(3/10) Asphalt Injection: Pretty bland and boring. The graphics are mostly a bore (but hey there's lens flare!), the physicals model is mostly nonexistent, the car handling is mediocre, the female commentator talks to you like you're a horny 13 yr old boy and the music is lame. You drive a car and there are things to unlock and upgrade. Word.

(7/10) Army Corps of Hell: So far I really like this game. It follows in the footsteps of Pikmin where you have a bunch of little creatures who follow you and do your bidding. It's fun, gory and coupled with really bad 80's thrash metal (which I sorta love). Cool game!

(6/10) Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus: If I'm not mistaken, it's a remake of a remake. It's not 60 frames and closer to 30, but it still looks great. I think purist might be a little turned off by that but I think it's pretty cool and kinda hard so far. If you like NG you'll like this IF you've not played Sigma.

(8/10) Super Stardust Delta: ...more more more SSD! I love it, and the controls, though a tad awkward at first, work well too. A fairly good looking game, great framerate and just so much fun.

...Still waiting to check out Uncharted, Gravity Rush (!), Hot Shots Golf, Virtua Tennis 2 and a few others I can't think of right now.

edit: updated some info and added some more opinion.
post #384 of 1765 Old 02-23-2012, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Warcrow, I believe I read that you can remove icons by holding your finger on an icon until an edit screen pops up allowing you to select "remove icon." Or something like that process.

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
post #385 of 1765 Old 02-23-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Crimson View Post

Again, guys, find a black background or really dark scenes, and very low light conditions. Let us know what you see. That's not my Vita on the pic above, but mine is a milder version of that, and it's distracting and obvious if you have no lights on.

No problems here.

Uniform black level, and a deep one at that. The screen is amazing.
post #386 of 1765 Old 02-23-2012, 03:22 PM

I just received the PSN email from Sony. I am not that familiar with how PSN+ works. The email lists a Sega Genesis bundle that I would like to play on my new Vita. It does not say for which syste. Is this bundle just for the PS3 or can it play on the Vita as well?
post #387 of 1765 Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 201
My guess is you saw an advertisement for Sega Genesis Collection. Was a collection released in the middle part of the last decade for the PSP and PS2 and was developed by Digital Eclipse. Had 30 or so 1st party Genesis games and 5 arcade games that primarily came from the Sega Gremlin days of the early 1980's back when it was an American arcade company (And the arcade games were exclusive to each platform, meaning people interested in them like I was had to buy both versions to get all 10 games). The PSP release has been available on PSN for years and is most likely what you saw advertised. It wouldn't be playable on a PS3 but will work on your Vita (Or will in the future if it's not compatible yet, although many PSP games not on their compatibility list already work just fine).

As for earlier discussion on tv/out, I bet it never gets it. With these touch screens and developers appearing to want to utilize them even if they don't add anything to the experience (Such as in Uncharted), tv/out seems like it wouldn't be as beneficial as in past handhelds since you would still have to rely on the Vita's screens a good bit. Just like why it never made sense for the DS to get it (Although hopefully the WiiU with that tablet/gamepad will change that for the DS and 3DS with something like a 3DS Player accessory for the system like the last gen Game Boy Player for the GCN).

Still, I'd also love to see it get tv/out and be able to connect to PS3 controllers like the Go that had BlueTooth could. Especially if it has upscaling capabilities so we can get full screen output and the correct aspect ratio for a change (Which really hurt the PSP's tv/out on the 2000/3000 and Go). I'm just not sure I see it happening.
post #388 of 1765 Old 02-24-2012, 05:22 AM

Wait, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus isn't 60fps? WTmotherF. How can they mess that up? That game has been out for AGES.... no. Just no. These type of games NEED to be 60fps or bust. What a mistake. I've already played this on the PS3, and was close to getting it again for on the go, but not at the expense of framerate.
post #389 of 1765 Old 02-24-2012, 10:28 AM

Leo_Ames... I cannot find Sega Genesis Collection on PSN for PSP. UMD only. I found a forum that indicates that in 2009 there was not a PSN option, only physical disk. Do you believe it was added to PSN since then? In any case I cannot find it.
post #390 of 1765 Old 02-24-2012, 11:13 AM

So got my replacement Vita. The black spotting is STILL an issue, though my newer Vita has significantly less of the spotting, and mostly off to the sides. I'm conviced it's just something that I'm sure everyone who knows what to look for will find on theirs. I'll keep the second one.

I'll chalk it up to OLED's not being perfectly uniform with it's blacks in a very dark room. Normally, not an issue with others, but my main time playing with the Vita WILL be in the dark... can't have it all.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation Vita Wifi , Playstation Vita The Walking Dead Bundle

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page