AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

Downloading Motorstorm RC.

Doesn't look like to me that they've done their update today.

Still showing as not released for me.
post #453 of 1765 Old 03-06-2012, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
For now, you'll have to type it in the search and it'll pop up in case you didn't get it. Their still updating. It's not on the PS VITA games spot yet.
post #454 of 1765 Old 03-06-2012, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

I located the marketplace page for it through a search not more than 20 minutes ago. But release date for the Vita version still showed as TBD and there was no option to purchase it (I don't own a Vita, but supposedly you can grab it anyways if you want to have it for the future).
post #455 of 1765 Old 03-06-2012, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

Doesn't look like to me that they've done their update today.

Still showing as not released for me.

Pretty sure that they've started staggering release times for the store. I've refreshing the blog for the past 2.5 hours waiting on the update so that I can do the weekly psn store thread and, like you, nothing's showing up.

Not sure I like the strategy--yes, it improves the download speeds and keeps the load under control, but I don't fancy another 1:30am bedtime this week. (I'm Eastern Standard Time, btw).

OtherWorlds - My Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writing Blog
post #456 of 1765 Old 03-06-2012, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 113
^

On the flip side of that, in addition to refreshing my browser, I just won my first exhibition game on MLB The Show 12 for Vita. A 8th inning, 3 run homerun put me (the Cardinals) ahead of the Rangers 3-2, and I sealed the deal in the ninth with a timely double play. So, I guess it isn't all bad.

OtherWorlds - My Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writing Blog
post #457 of 1765 Old 03-06-2012, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

I downloaded it directly from the PS VITA. I did see it available to download the PS VITA version on the PS3 but anyway, for the first few seconds I found the controls a little awkward. At least I'm starting to get used to it now.
post #458 of 1765 Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I went with the alternative controls even though it's like cheating at RC cars.
Zip right on around the track.
post #459 of 1765 Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 412
I'm downloading Motorstorm RC at the moment, and thought it would be a good time to mention...

I'm DaverJ on PSN - any fellow Vita owners on AVS please send a Friends Request.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
post #460 of 1765 Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
So on the PS3 store, it shows "Activision Hits Remix" for the PSP for $9.99

But inside the Vita Store, it cant find the Game.

Are all PSP games playable on the Vita ?
post #461 of 1765 Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

In cases like that, you'll have to download from the PS3 and transfer it to the PS VITA. The games that you can find by browsing on the PS VITA itself were fully tested by Sony to work on the PS VITA without issue. People have said a ton of PSP games that you can only get on the PS3 works and it'll be best to do some research beforehand to see if the title you want to download will work well on the PS Vita. Some people are making lists.
post #462 of 1765 Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow... for a freebie, Motorstorm RC is insanely additive and fun. And HARD! Beware compulsive racing fans!

In other good news, a Grand Theft Auto game might be coming. I'll bet we will find out more during the Vita press event on Friday.

post #463 of 1765 Old 03-07-2012, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Do the PSP Games from Playstation Store (Downloadable) use the Right Stick on the Vita. I want to get God Of War:GoS but ONLY if I can use both Sticks. Thanks

Those Who Attempt To Destroy Me, Shall Be Obliterated!!

Megatron
post #464 of 1765 Old 03-07-2012, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfame View Post

Do the PSP Games from Playstation Store (Downloadable) use the Right Stick on the Vita. I want to get God Of War:GoS but ONLY if I can use both Sticks. Thanks

I'm not a Vita owner, but I believe I have read that it is a standard option on the Vita for PSP software to map the d-pad or buttons to the right analog. I assume you do it by hitting the home button in-game (Like how you would switch between digital and analog control on a PSOne game on a PS3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by defdog99 View Post

So on the PS3 store, it shows "Activision Hits Remix" for the PSP for $9.99

But inside the Vita Store, it cant find the Game.

Are all PSP games playable on the Vita ?

Not sure I've heard about any UMD releases not being compatible (Activision Hits Remix is known to work fine despite not yet being on the compatibility list), but there are many other PSP compatible games that don't work. Many Minis don't yet work even when transferred from a PS3, PSOne games don't work, and I believe we only have partial compatibility with NeoGeo and TG16 games.

Not sure where arcade games like Strikers 1945 Plus and Echochrome stand, although I've heard that Super Stardust Portable works so they're at least partially working at this time.
post #465 of 1765 Old 03-07-2012, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

For PSP games you can map the right stick to be the d-pad, the x-o-triangle-square buttons, or mimic the left stick.

So it's not really a true analog right stick in PSP games, but those games dont have support for analog right stick anyway.

EDIT: you get this option by touching and holding the screen during PSP gameplay.

post #466 of 1765 Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

I played through Ghost of Sparta on my Vita this week and it played really well. Granted, while the control scheme is different from the PS2/PS3 versions it still works really well. I mapped the d-pad to the right stick. The d-pad is used for casting magic in GoS so it was nice to not have to take my thumb off of the left stick to use it. Since God Of War has never had a user controlled camera anyway the lack of a true dual analog setup didn't really hurt the game at all in my opinion. You should have no concerns about playing it, the PSP GoW games are great!

Oh, and the Vita stick is waaaaay better than the PSP nub, I tried the game on a Vita and a PSP and there was no contest.
post #467 of 1765 Old 03-08-2012, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Well, massive sadness and disappointment have overtaken me. The VITA does not appear to support PEAP authentication, which is needed for our hotspot here at work. I barely have dsl at home, so I need another way to download stuff from store. My next option is hoping that I can use the ATT wi-fi that's included with my dsl. Has anyone logged onto a hotspot like that with their VITA?

bg
post #468 of 1765 Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 AM

Liked: 16
I'm quite intrigued about buying the 3G version only for GPS, never even using 3G. Has anybody else done that? Does GPS work w/o activating 3G?

On the other hand, what type of features are different or lost by only getting the WIFI version?

Or... do I even need to care? Are the GPS apps so worthless on the Vita that I'd rather use a Garmin or iPad for anything GPS related?
post #469 of 1765 Old 03-08-2012, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMad View Post

Or... do I even need to care? Are the GPS apps so worthless on the Vita that I'd rather use a Garmin or iPad for anything GPS related?

I have a 3G version, and haven't activated the service. I think the WiFi is probably all I need: I'm not going to be surfing/emailing with it (laptop or iPad for that), and my Garmin would be much better for navigation anyway.

Anyone think 3G on the Vita is worthwhile?

post #470 of 1765 Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 AM

Liked: 25
Thanks for all the replies. I will get it then.

Those Who Attempt To Destroy Me, Shall Be Obliterated!!

Megatron
post #471 of 1765 Old 03-08-2012, 11:30 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post

Well, massive sadness and disappointment have overtaken me. The VITA does not appear to support PEAP authentication, which is needed for our hotspot here at work. I barely have dsl at home, so I need another way to download stuff from store. My next option is hoping that I can use the ATT wi-fi that's included with my dsl. Has anyone logged onto a hotspot like that with their VITA?

I've been searching everywhere for details on exactly what WIFI specs it sports, beyond the generic "802.11b/g/n".
From what I've found it supports WEP, WPA and WPA2.
Don't know if it's WEP 40 and WEP 128.
Seems to be WPA/WPA2 Personal but not Enterprise.
I've also read that it does not support 5.0 for n, rather 2.4 only.

Enlightenment if these are true or not would be appreciated.
post #472 of 1765 Old 03-09-2012, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
So you get free access to ATT hotspots with the 3G Dataplan. How secure is that connection? Would it be safe to log onto SEN at one of these hotspots and shop the PSN Store? That would be my main use for buying one of the angus burgers at McD's. ANGUS!?!

bg
post #473 of 1765 Old 03-09-2012, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

a Grand Theft Auto game might be coming. I'll bet we will find out more during the Vita press event on Friday.

It looks like the GTA thing might be a fake.

But, this summer we should be getting a Vita version of the Metal Gear Solid HD collection.

...but it won't include Snake Eater.

post #474 of 1765 Old 03-09-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post

So you get free access to ATT hotspots with the 3G Dataplan. How secure is that connection? Would it be safe to log onto SEN at one of these hotspots and shop the PSN Store? That would be my main use for buying one of the angus burgers at McD's. ANGUS!?!

Yes. Those connections are HTTPS (secure).
post #475 of 1765 Old 03-10-2012, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's an article I found saying that Rovio wants to put Angry Birds Space on all portable platforms and it might include the PS VITA but their is something I don't understand.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/09/ro...-vita-version/
"he Vita we haven't decided what to do about yet, but of course we want to be on all the screens, so let's see how the Vita does in the market. And of course, always when working with these console guys it's not that we can decide, it's really if Sony wants to have Angry Birds on Vita. It's more up to them than to us."

First they say they want to see how the PS Vita does in the market and then they say it's up to Sony. It sounds a little contradictory unless they mean if Sony can't sell enough PS VITA's then it's Sony fault for them not having enough interest to make a PS VIta. Who knows what their really trying to say.

They did release a minis Angry Bird version for PSN in the past.
post #476 of 1765 Old 03-11-2012, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Not a bad lists of new Demos coming out soon.

wipEout 2048
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Ridge Racer
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...-new-releases/

I've been waiting impatiently for the Wipeout demo to hit the store. As a bonus, it'll be nice to get to try out Shinobido 2. I do hope we get Ninja Gaiden Sigma in the future. Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter verses Tekken would also be nice.
post #477 of 1765 Old 03-11-2012, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

Here's an article I found saying that Rovio wants to put Angry Birds Space on all portable platforms and it might include the PS VITA but their is something I don't understand.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/09/ro...-vita-version/
"he Vita we haven't decided what to do about yet, but of course we want to be on all the screens, so let's see how the Vita does in the market. And of course, always when working with these console guys it's not that we can decide, it's really if Sony wants to have Angry Birds on Vita. It's more up to them than to us."

First they say they want to see how the PS Vita does in the market and then they say it's up to Sony. It sounds a little contradictory unless they mean if Sony can't sell enough PS VITA's then it's Sony fault for them not having enough interest to make a PS VIta. Who knows what their really trying to say.

They did release a minis Angry Bird version for PSN in the past.

They're basically trying to sound like it's not their decision. Either it's Sony's fault for not selling enough Vitas, or it's Sony's fault for blocking its release. Gets Rovio off the hook. Standard PR spin.

Considering that Angry Birds is currently available on PSN, I'm guessing their reluctance means the original didn't sell very well. Since it costs them money to port and maintain each version, it probably isn't (currently) cost effective to release Angry Birds Space on Vita. But they don't want to sound like cold-hearted money counters, so they spin it as Sony's problem.

It's like when you were a kid, and you would ask your dad for something. Then he would say, "I don't know. It's up to your mother." But really, what he means is "No, but I'd rather your mom took the blame for saying no. So go ask her and have her take the blame."

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #478 of 1765 Old 03-11-2012, 09:44 PM

Liked: 24
Angry Birds looked horrible on the PS3. Dunno how they could've possibly messed that up.

I been waiting for the Wipeout and Ridge Racer demos for like ever.

Had the Shinobido 2 demo been out a week or so ago, I may have saved $40. The game is just... ugh. And this iscoming from a Tenchu fan.

Hot Shots Golf is amazing, as usual. On 'par' with the PS3 version, really.
post #479 of 1765 Old 03-11-2012, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Angry Birds is a PSP Mini. There is no PS3 specific version of it. I suspect if it doesn't look so hot on the PS3 that it's due to its nature of being a PSP release.

I don't understand why they'd bother making a Vita version when they already have it as a PSP Mini. If it's not already compatible with the Vita, presumably it will be soon.
post #480 of 1765 Old 03-11-2012, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

It supposedly a much newer version of Angry Birds. A successor.

Hopefully Sony doesn't take forever updating the store this time but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they do end up taking their time.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation Vita Wifi , Playstation Vita The Walking Dead Bundle

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page