Old 11-18-2013, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

So I guess MineCraft for the PS VIta will be like the console version.
http://www.reddit.com/r/MCPE/comments/1pgewh/got_questions_for_the_mcpe_development_team/cd23ip8
When was Minecraft for Vita announced? That's pretty big news, even though I can't stand the game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 33
The PS4 version was announced during Gamescom and since Sony never cared to have the PS Vita version get mentioned, the developer had to say say that it was also coming to the PS Vita elsewhere possibly on Twitter or some other website.

I feel the say same. I never got into Minecraft but at the same time, having the PS Vita be the only portable unit to get a console quality version will help the PS Vita a bit.

http://kotaku.com/sonys-giant-list-of-video-games-1463345943
Sony mentioned here that their working harder than ever to get more third party support to come to the PS VIta even if it means Sony will help to develop it but unfortunately that takes long. Borderlands 2 for the PS Vita is one of the titles that came out of that project and a posting on Reddit might have helped it happen.
http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/q4m5g/lets_get_borderlands_2_on_the_vita_official/
Old 11-23-2013, 04:25 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm sure a lot of you already knows this but in case some of you haven't yet, both the demo and the full game of Tearaway is available to download on the PlayStation Store. You do have to put Tearaway into the search box to find it. Or it might show up in the top of the store. It seams to be getting universal praise and currently out of 75 ratings, the average is 4.98 out of 5 stars.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

I'm sure a lot of you already knows this but in case some of you haven't yet, both the demo and the full game of Tearaway is available to download on the PlayStation Store. You do have to put Tearaway into the search box to find it. Or it might show up in the top of the store. It seams to be getting universal praise and currently out of 75 ratings, the average is 4.98 out of 5 stars.

4.98? Imma need that other .02 to burn some of my wifi on this.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Tearaway is on sale for $29.99 at Best Buy this week. If you are a member of the gamers club, you get another 10% off. Picked it up for $24 yesterday and the game just came out last Friday. So if you are looking for a great Vita game that has recieved great reviews, check it out.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypwisthis View Post

Tearaway is on sale for $29.99 at Best Buy this week. If you are a member of the gamers club, you get another 10% off. Picked it up for $24 yesterday and the game just came out last Friday. So if you are looking for a great Vita game that has recieved great reviews, check it out.

Amazon is matching the $29.99 price. How did you get it for $24? Gamer's Club (the free membership) only gives 10% off ($27). Do you have Gamer's Club Unlocked?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

Amazon is matching the $29.99 price. How did you get it for $24? Gamer's Club (the free membership) only gives 10% off ($27). Do you have Gamer's Club Unlocked?

He must have Unlocked. They offer 20% on new games.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
Old 11-26-2013, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Not sure it's been mentioned, but Best Buy has all their Vita's for $169.99 this week. Prolly a closeout of the OLED models, in preparation for the new models. So far, Amazon has NOT price-matched. smile.gif

bg
Old 11-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:

Well, that'll teach me to preorder.

Just kidding. I have no qualms about having preordered Tearaway.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:

I have Gamer's Club Unlocked but did not pay for it. I received an email from Best Buy stating that I am upgraded until my memebership runs out in February. This was due to the fact that they are discontinuing the monthly magazine that has the coupons. They also sent me a coupon to renew for another year after my February date for only $30. I am assuming that others with Gamer's Club got the same deal. See the following link for details:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked-Enhancement/td-p/723505
Old 11-26-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:

Yes, a typo. I got 20% off, not 10% off.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 43
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/27/free-ps-mobile-games-for-the-holidays/

Sony is offering 10 free PSM games through the holiday season!!! This week -- RYMDKAPSEL and Passing Time (too bad PSM games aren't accessible through the web store for those currently without a Vita).
Old 11-27-2013, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thanks, downloading now. But... I don't thave room for any more icons, max 100 has been reached. Dang nabbit, is that even a fixable thing in future patches?
Old 11-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Damn it I missed out and forgot to download GTA: Libert City Stories when it free to PS+ members.It's no longer free now.

I just picked up a 32GB memory card from Best Buy for $32 and some change since it was $64 but I had a $35 rewards zone cert to use.I currently have a 8GB memory card I got when I got the Vita on launch day.

I picked up Sly Cooper Thieves In Time for PS3 for $15 and some change from Best Buy also since it was $19.99 but I am also a paid Gamersclub Unlocked member. I bought it because I enjoyed the Sly HD collection and mainly because the disc version had the cross buy option to download the vita version of the game for free !

I also grabbed Hotline Miami off the PSN Store since it was free for both PS3 & PS Vita.I have $20 credit in the PS Store and I'm thinking about picking up Flower and Sounds & Shape since they are cross platform buy games also.

I also got lucky and was able to find a used copy of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PS Vita for $27.The physical version of this game is hard to find now in new or used condition.

Tearaway looks very fun & intriguing but I'm honestly going to wait for it to eventually drop in price.I have so many vita games, PS1 classics, and PSP game that can all be played on the Vita to keep me busy for awhile.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

Thanks man. I went to BB, and they hid all the copies for black friday (its 29 in their BF ad). Made em dig one out.

My full16 GB memory card appreciates it too.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Tearaway is really cool. It plays with the 4th wall in some fun ways and the visual style is mind blowing at times. It's not that it's all groundbreaking but all the gimmicks that get hacked into full games these days should serve as a reminder to the devs to try harder. Media Molecule really put their heart into their stuff like Naughty Dog and it shows.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 95
FYI, Best Buy has 16 GB memory cards on sale for $29.99. Regular price is $59.99. Not sure how long that price will last for but price was the same yesterday and it still is the same today.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
Old 11-29-2013, 01:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Old 12-02-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Sale prices for Vita mem cards are getting lower and lower: Amazob has the 16 GB stick for only $20.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Old 12-02-2013, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Sale prices for Vita mem cards are getting lower and lower: Amazob has the 16 GB stick for only $20.

I see it for 38.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 208
I went to my link less than five minutes ago and it was $20. Must have sold out really fast. Sorry about that.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

I went to my link less than five minutes ago and it was $20. Must have sold out really fast. Sorry about that.

Blaming you and Bush for this travesty. smile.gif
Old 12-06-2013, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 113
The bugfix patch for Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate is live! I was able to get on the Penguin elevator for the first time! Don't know if anyone was anxiously waiting for this patch.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 270
Just got my Vita Friday and played it a good bit over the weekend. I'm loving Hotline Miami. I played it for about 5 minutes the first time and though, I don't know what all the fuss is about. Picked it back up and now I'm hooked.

I tried teh PS4 remote play with NBA 2k14. It is very apparent that you only get 30fps when streaming. Lag wasn't bad, but definitely there. The biggest issue is the controls. Because there are no L2/R2 triggers, you have to use quadrants on the touchpad for those buttons. But they don't extend all the way to the edge so it makes reaching them an issue for me.

The other issue with the Vita is that it's just not comfortable to hold. I ordered one of these today, so maybe that helps:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0073ESZ58/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The UI seems to be a little clunky. When I'm searching for all of my games to install I wish it only showed Vita games. It also shows all of the license key downloads, which just clutters it even more.

Anyone have any great games/ Vita tips that you think everyone should know about but maybe aren't obvious?

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

Old 12-09-2013, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Anyone have any great games/ Vita tips that you think everyone should know about but maybe aren't obvious?

You figured out a big one, buying the grips. One thing I wouldn't know about if I wasn't active in PS/Vita communities is that you can customize your menu screens:

Old 12-09-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 270
Quote:

You figured out a big one, buying the grips. One thing I wouldn't know about if I wasn't active in PS/Vita communities is that you can customize your menu screens:

Tha's cool. I'll definitely have to do that.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

Old 12-09-2013, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 95
I purchased one of those Vita grips from BBY and ended up returning it. Both my son and I agreed using it made it more difficult to reach and use the rear touchpad. Maybe for Vita games that have exclusive Vita controls that don't use the touchpad much it may be a good idea, but using it for remote play PS4 games that always use L2 and R2 buttons and require use of the touchpad I found it really uncomfortable.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
Old 12-24-2013, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Gamestop is having a memory card sale on the 26th. 32 GB for $49.99 and 16GB for $19.99
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/holiday/2013/winter-sale/pdf/olfsi_122613.pdf
Old 12-27-2013, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Amazon had the 16 gig memory card for $20, I went ahead and bought one from them, just cause I try to avoid GameStop whenever possible.

Also, I've tried most of the grips, and I don't like the material that they use on the grip, seems very slippery to me. At first you think the grip is amazing and it provides tons of comfort, but then you'll start to notice that it's slowly but surely slipping out of your hands. At least the two that I tried. They are both made out of this smooth material that is just too smooth for being used as a grip. It should have had some little ridges or little bumps on it or something, so that it wouldn't slip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

I tried teh PS4 remote play with NBA 2k14. It is very apparent that you only get 30fps when streaming. Lag wasn't bad, but definitely there. The biggest issue is the controls. Because there are no L2/R2 triggers, you have to use quadrants on the touchpad for those buttons. But they don't extend all the way to the edge so it makes reaching them an issue for me.

I think NBA 2K14 on PS4 looks absolutely fantastic on the Vita, all things considered. But the game is somewhat unplayable when you can't consistently use the turbo button (R2). R2 is probably one of the 3 most important buttons for playing NBA 2K, and needing to hit a tiny area on the backtouch to activate R2 makes the game somewhat unplayable on Vita. You'd think Visual Concepts would have heard of these complaints, and they would patch in an option to adjust the controls. I would change R2 to R1, and it would make the game infinitely more playable via remote play.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Memory card prices are finally starting to become reasonable. I'll probably be grabbing a Vita once the 2000 model launches in the US.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.

Tags
Playstation Vita Wifi , Playstation Vita The Walking Dead Bundle