Official Playstation Vita Thread - Page 58 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1711 of 1761 Old 03-24-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Gotta remember, mine was used so I didnt have a manual to ignore in the first place! Hell, it took me a month or two to figure out where the USB cable was...

Edit: grammar on a mobile phone is futile vs autocorrect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 1761 Old 03-24-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

I'm thinking of picking up a Vita. A couple of questions:

1) Am I really going to care about old model versus new model?
2) How bothersome is it to deal with the expensive memory, I gather there is a PC transfer tool, which sounds as if you can download your games to PC. Since I travel for work, I almost always have my PC with me. If I kept all of my games on there and had only say, an 8gb card, how big of PITA is it transfer games?
3) I'm very interested in replaying FFX (and also FFX-2, since I never played it), but are there other good RPGs available? Unfortunately can't bring myself to game on the PS3 anymore, so Vita it is, if I get one
4) Does remote play work with every PS4 game, does anyone use it with regularity or is it just a cool novelty thing at first?

1) Haven't seen the new screen, other than online videos, but the OLED is purrdee. Get the system used at gamestop, save about a $100.
2) No experience here
3) From what I see there should be a good selection of titles, just how GOOD they are, dont know 1st hand
4) Remote play, just connects to the PS4 as you would when turning it on normally. If you are sitting in from of your tv it basically is just another controller. It can be finicky, but also can be buttery smooth. One issue I encountered was too many wifi devices in the area, so had to turn off the vita's autochannel setting and pick a specific one. Since then it's been smooth. As others mentioned some PS4 games are designed with remote play controls in mind, so will handle properly.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
Facebook: www.facebook.com/gundumgaming
post #1713 of 1761 Old 03-24-2014, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

1) Haven't seen the new screen, other than online videos, but the OLED is purrdee. Get the system used at gamestop, save about a $100.
2) No experience here
3) From what I see there should be a good selection of titles, just how GOOD they are, dont know 1st hand
4) Remote play, just connects to the PS4 as you would when turning it on normally. If you are sitting in from of your tv it basically is just another controller. It can be finicky, but also can be buttery smooth. One issue I encountered was too many wifi devices in the area, so had to turn off the vita's autochannel setting and pick a specific one. Since then it's been smooth. As others mentioned some PS4 games are designed with remote play controls in mind, so will handle properly.

I ended up grabbing a "pre-owned" vita from Gamestop today, I decided I wanted the OLED over the LCD at the cost of some battery life.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #1714 of 1761 Old 03-24-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I would take the OLED over the LCD Vita, even with the other improvements.

Remote play also works over Wifi if the PS4 is hardwired into the network. I have a router upstairs just for remote playing the PS4 that is in the basement. It's a great feature. I have not tried it over the internet and I don't imagine it's that smooth.

Persona 4 >>>>>> Final Fantasy any day of the week. There's also Disgaea 3 (soon to be 4 as well), Y's, and a few more RPGs. In fact, there are a metric ton of JRPGs for the Vita of varying quality.

I had to buy a 64 GB card personally. $117 on Amazon. I hated the amount of switching going on with my 32 GB card, but I also like to jump back and forth between games.
post #1715 of 1761 Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Got the Content Manager installed. Kind of less than impressed, its more a driver than an app. Kind of expected, I don't know, a content manager. You still have to use the Vita app. Ah well, it works so I'm backing all my stuff up now. Will be clearing the cards off and downloading all the other games I've wiped out. Will be nice to at least have all this in one place and my PS3 is getting full.
post #1716 of 1761 Old 03-25-2014, 12:32 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I was thinking about buying a new slim since I hear the battery life is better. Also, I heard it's coming with an 8gb memory card. Is the OLED version that much better?

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #1717 of 1761 Old 03-25-2014, 01:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 185
The new 3.10 firmware update comes out today. It'll allow for easier management of your files on the memory card as well as increase the app limit to 500.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #1718 of 1761 Old 04-06-2014, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Well I am taking the plunge and just ordered a PS Vita from gamestop, had to order online since none of the 3 gamestops, 2 walmarts or bestbuy has any of them in stock. Getting the Vita mostly for MLB 14 the show, as I know I will play this game a thousand times more on a handheld then i do on my PS3/PS4, and with cross saves and cross play it will just be an added bonus once i do pick it up for the PS4. I will have to start looking at what other great games are available for the Vita.
post #1719 of 1761 Old 04-07-2014, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8ter2 View Post

Well I am taking the plunge and just ordered a PS Vita from gamestop, had to order online since none of the 3 gamestops, 2 walmarts or bestbuy has any of them in stock. Getting the Vita mostly for MLB 14 the show, as I know I will play this game a thousand times more on a handheld then i do on my PS3/PS4, and with cross saves and cross play it will just be an added bonus once i do pick it up for the PS4. I will have to start looking at what other great games are available for the Vita.

Welcome aboard!

If you're a member of PS+, you can grab some awesome games in the instant game collection! I don't know which one is still there but Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice and Uncharted are a must smile.gif
post #1720 of 1761 Old 04-07-2014, 06:09 AM

Thanks, yes I do have PS+,and will definitely be picking up a few of those free games
post #1721 of 1761 Old 04-08-2014, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8ter2 View Post

Thanks, yes I do have PS+,and will definitely be picking up a few of those free games

You know that you can add them to your cart (on a PS3 or computer) without downloading them and they will stick in your downlist history. That way, you're not limited by the Vita's memory card space smile.gif
post #1722 of 1761 Old 04-08-2014, 09:28 AM

I do now, thanks for the heads up
post #1723 of 1761 Old 04-14-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Just bit the bullet and ordered a PS Vita - Borderlands 2 bundle. I also got a nice big 64GB card. At this point I have enough free games from PS+ that his is probably worth it. It should be better than iPhone gaming on my hour train ride to and from work smile.gif
-Evangelo2
post #1724 of 1761 Old 04-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelo2 View Post

Just bit the bullet and ordered a PS Vita - Borderlands 2 bundle. I also got a nice big 64GB card. At this point I have enough free games from PS+ that his is probably worth it. It should be better than iPhone gaming on my hour train ride to and from work smile.gif
-Evangelo2

I think you'll be happy with it. I sort of wish I had a train commute so I could get more use out of my Vita. I was amazed to be playing an Uncharted game on a portable device.
post #1725 of 1761 Old 04-15-2014, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post

I think you'll be happy with it. I sort of wish I had a train commute so I could get more use out of my Vita. I was amazed to be playing an Uncharted game on a portable device.

I work from home, but I find the Vita to be the perfect accompaniment to watching baseball or basketball on the big screen. I left my Vita at my gf's house the other night and can't believe how much I missed it even though I have a huge backlog on the PS3.
post #1726 of 1761 Old 05-01-2014, 05:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
The Latest firmware has made remote play on the ps4 much much smoother, that being said, it's tough to play something like call of duty, whichwas created for a larger screen on a device with that small of a screen, I wish the screen was a trifle larger.
post #1727 of 1761 Old 05-01-2014, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post

The Latest firmware has made remote play on the ps4 much much smoother, that being said, it's tough to play something like call of duty, whichwas created for a larger screen on a device with that small of a screen, I wish the screen was a trifle larger.

Sorry, couldn't resist smile.gif
post #1728 of 1761 Old 05-02-2014, 10:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 185
Borderlands 2 on the Vita:
Quote:
Controlling Borderlands 2 on PS Vita is a customizable affair: just go into options and remap to your heart’s content. To change a control, tap the action or button (even the abilities assigned to the touch screen or rear touch pad) you want to change, then tap wherever you want the action to be. By default, tapping different areas of Vita’s rear touch pad yield a sprint or a melee attack, while a tap on the front screen tosses a grenade or activates your character-specific ability.

Shoulder buttons L and R still aim and shoot, though I did notice a useful new feature that takes advantage of PS Vita’s built-in gyroscope: when you’re aiming down the sight, moving PS Vita will adjust your aim.

Environments and character models are surprisingly detailed, and the game overall runs at a solid clip, generally hovering in the vicinity of 30 frames per second. Slicing dudes up as my main cyborg-man-alien-mystery-assassin-thing Zer0 still makes me feel like a cyborg-man-alien-mystery-assassin-thing.

The gang’s all here, by the way, including DLC characters Gaige the Mechromancer and Krieg the Psycho. In addition to all six vault hunters, Borderlands 2 on Vita includes the campaign packs “Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty” and “Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage”; the Vault Hunter Upgrade pack, and the Collector’s Edition Pack!

Borderlands 2 is a blast when you’re flying solo, but the PS Vita version also includes support for two-player online co-op play between two PS Vita owners. We checked in with the SCEA Third Party Production team, who confirmed that while they strived to include four-player co-op in the game, they made a decision late in their development cycle to focus on providing the best two-player-only co-op experience possible. As a result, the maximum co-operative player count for Borderlands 2 on PS Vita is capped at two.

Oh, and good news for anyone who’s played the PS3 version for dozens of hours: you’ll be able to bring your save data from the PS3 version (standard or GOTY editions) of the game to your PS Vita, and vice versa. Just upload your save to the cloud when you are done playing on one device and pull it down when you want to play again. Cross-save, baby!

I’ll admit to being slightly skeptical when I heard Borderlands 2 was coming to PS Vita. It’s a big game! I’m still a bit unsure that making this thing happen was possible by any earthly, mortal means. But hey, I’ll take black magic and alien technology if it means I get to play one of my favorite PS3 games on the go. Put me down for one on May 6th!

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #1729 of 1761 Old 05-06-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 692
post #1730 of 1761 Old 05-06-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 144
quick vita question....

I know that you can't have two seperate PSN accounts on a single Vita. However, I have heard, that you can have a single PSN account on multiple Vita's. Is this true ? Seems like it would be a really bad idea for Sony to allow this. If somebody had a PSN account with PS+, they could put that same account on multiple Vita's, and be able to play free games on more than one Vita ?

Or, is it a case where when you can only be signed into PSN on one Vita at a time, so if more than one Vita is signed into the same account, then somebody gets bumped off it ?
post #1731 of 1761 Old 05-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Borderlands on PS Vita sounds like a triumph for Sony.
post #1732 of 1761 Old 05-06-2014, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

quick vita question....

I know that you can't have two seperate PSN accounts on a single Vita. However, I have heard, that you can have a single PSN account on multiple Vita's. Is this true ? Seems like it would be a really bad idea for Sony to allow this. If somebody had a PSN account with PS+, they could put that same account on multiple Vita's, and be able to play free games on more than one Vita ?

Or, is it a case where when you can only be signed into PSN on one Vita at a time, so if more than one Vita is signed into the same account, then somebody gets bumped off it ?

Hopefully my memory is correct. You can only have 2 Vitas activated under your PSN account. To stop sharing games I believe only 1 Vita can be online at a time. Not sure if it bumps the other or just doesnt let the 2nd person on. I might be able to better answer this question soon though as I just picked up the new Vita.

I saw the Borderlands 2 bundle with the new Vita and I decided to pick it up. I mainly want to compare the screens and see how big of a difference it is/isnt. If its not that big then I might sell my older one. I remember them showing a bunch of colors and I would like a white one but it looks like only the black one is available.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #1733 of 1761 Old 05-07-2014, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:

quick vita question....

It used to be one but now they allow two Vitas, I believe at once, to accommodate for the Vita TV.

As for the Vita colors, the extra colors are only for Japan. I would totally buy the black/pink because I hate electronics that don't have a black border around the screen.
post #1734 of 1761 Old 05-07-2014, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

It used to be one but now they allow two Vitas, I believe at once, to accommodate for the Vita TV.

Wow, if this is true, then that's pretty freaking mind blowing. My two kids both have Vita's, but we only have the PS+ account on one of them. I'll try to put it on the other one and see what happens.
post #1735 of 1761 Old 05-07-2014, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wow, if this is true, then that's pretty freaking mind blowing. My two kids both have Vita's, but we only have the PS+ account on one of them. I'll try to put it on the other one and see what happens.

As long as they dont use any online features they can play the same game on both systems. Just make sure one of them has the wifi off. I tried it last night with both and if I started a game on each vita one of them would get booted from PSN. But if I turned the wifi off on one I could play the same game on both system. It would ask to turn on wifi to access online features but you could say no and it would still let the game play without any validation.

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #1736 of 1761 Old 05-07-2014, 11:54 PM

Liked: 47
Since I have a $100 gift cars from bestbuy at home that I haven't used I'll pick one up tomorrow.

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #1737 of 1761 Old 05-12-2014, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 133
I have a Vita question. I just bought my son the Borderlands 2 bundle and it came with the 8 gig memory card. If he fills up the 8 gig with free PS+ games and get's another memory card, will the games still work on the original card or should I have him hold off until he get's a bigger one?

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
post #1738 of 1761 Old 05-12-2014, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post

I have a Vita question. I just bought my son the Borderlands 2 bundle and it came with the 8 gig memory card. If he fills up the 8 gig with free PS+ games and get's another memory card, will the games still work on the original card or should I have him hold off until he get's a bigger one?

Yes they will work. He will just have to swap between cards when he wants to play the games on it.

post #1739 of 1761 Old 05-12-2014, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Awesome! Thank you so much smile.gif.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
post #1740 of 1761 Old 05-15-2014, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Enjoying my new Vita so far. Being a PS+ member since PS4 came out and getting all the vita games since then for free has been real great. So far I have only been playing Guacamele but I am really enjoying it. Makes the train commute home fun smile.gif I didn't even mind a 20 minute delay sitting on the train yesterday smile.gif
-Evangelo2
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation Vita Wifi , Playstation Vita The Walking Dead Bundle

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page