post #1741 of 1764 Old 05-15-2014, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelo2 View Post

Enjoying my new Vita so far. Being a PS+ member since PS4 came out and getting all the vita games since then for free has been real great. So far I have only been playing Guacamele but I am really enjoying it. Makes the train commute home fun smile.gif I didn't even mind a 20 minute delay sitting on the train yesterday smile.gif
-Evangelo2

I take mine with me when the wife wants to run errands. It makes the shopping experience so much more pleasurable.
Nayan likes this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1742 of 1764 Old 05-19-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I take mine with me when the wife wants to run errands. It makes the shopping experience so much more pleasurable.

I believe they should be required when an SO wants to go shopping. I know could have used one on those many trips to the hardware store smile.gif.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
post #1743 of 1764 Old 06-03-2014, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So, after owning the vita for almost a month I have two gripes about it...

1 - This thing is uncomfortable to hold and play for more than 30 minutes.
2 - I can't get used to hitting the sensors on the back as trigger buttons.

I can kind of live with number 1 because I don't pay for too long periods of time but I just can't get comfortable holding this thing. Number 2 makes games like Borderlands2 frustrating. I can't get it to register me pressing the back panel when I want and it seems to be pressed when I don't want to while playing the game. I am thinking of buying one of those Nyko Grips to see if this helps my issues...

-Evangelo2
post #1744 of 1764 Old 06-03-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Evangelo2, get the vita power grip. It triples your battery life and makes the vita super comfortable to hold.
post #1745 of 1764 Old 06-03-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Just ordered it from Amazon. I'll give it a shot.
post #1746 of 1764 Old 06-05-2014, 03:50 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
For mine a couple of days ago. Thinking about returning since it seems like there's any good games coming out for it anytime soon. I noticed games like madden, nba2k no longer are made for the vita. It seems like publishers have given up on the vita. I could be wrong.

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #1747 of 1764 Old 06-05-2014, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Please come over and help me with my Vita backlog then. I keep passing up on great sales because I have too many games to play and I play it every day.
post #1748 of 1764 Old 06-05-2014, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post

For mine a couple of days ago. Thinking about returning since it seems like there's any good games coming out for it anytime soon. I noticed games like madden, nba2k no longer are made for the vita. It seems like publishers have given up on the vita. I could be wrong.

I don't look at as "console" that I should be playing madden, or the annual COD or anything of that sort, but rather a platform that has high quality portable gaming tied to the PS eco-system. If you're an RPG fan the platform has more to offer than PS3 and PS4 combined, probably 2x over. There are many big budget portable experiences (Uncharted, Killzone, ect) but those are designed for portable and not just ports of console equivalents. Vita is not a console equivalent (although some games look as good) and I wouldn't advise anyone looking to it to expect the latest COD, Battlefield, Madden or other major releases to get a Vita release like they get a X360, PS3, Wii-U, PS4 and XBO.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #1749 of 1764 Old 06-06-2014, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Please come over and help me with my Vita backlog then. I keep passing up on great sales because I have too many games to play and I play it every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

I don't look at as "console" that I should be playing madden, or the annual COD or anything of that sort, but rather a platform that has high quality portable gaming tied to the PS eco-system. If you're an RPG fan the platform has more to offer than PS3 and PS4 combined, probably 2x over. There are many big budget portable experiences (Uncharted, Killzone, ect) but those are designed for portable and not just ports of console equivalents. Vita is not a console equivalent (although some games look as good) and I wouldn't advise anyone looking to it to expect the latest COD, Battlefield, Madden or other major releases to get a Vita release like they get a X360, PS3, Wii-U, PS4 and XBO.
I guess it's because I'm not a fan of RPG games and I'm mainly a sports gamer.

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #1750 of 1764 Old 06-07-2014, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post

I guess it's because I'm not a fan of RPG games and I'm mainly a sports gamer.
It has mlb the show and fifa, but if that's all you're looking to play its probably not worth it.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #1751 of 1764 Old 06-10-2014, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
post #1752 of 1764 Old 06-11-2014, 12:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

LOL!

No Vita love at all, but at least we're getting Type 0!

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #1753 of 1764 Old 06-11-2014, 12:49 AM
AVS Special Member

The news of the PS Vita getting Final Fantasy Type 0 was a mistake on the Playstation blog. It was since changed to PS4. It might still come out to the PS Vita eventually. Shahid of Sony does seam like he'll still try to push Square Enix to port it to the PS Vita.
https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/476446759695024128

Here's a couple of more videos.

The guy who did this video is actually the moderator of the PS Vita section on Reddit. His YouTube channel is all PS Vita news and game play footage so basically this isn't someone who just wants to talk bad about the PS Vita, no, it's someone who's actually a big fan of the PS Vita and usually gives it a lot of praise.
post #1754 of 1764 Old 06-11-2014, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Sony of North America hates hates hates the Vita. They support it begrudgingly. They even took the Vita name out of the Vita TV!
post #1755 of 1764 Old 06-12-2014, 03:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Well as they are marketing it as a player for PlayStation games the Vita name may have confused things. I just cannot imagine why the bundle is not $150 with a PS4 controller. The trackpad could be useful for browsing a set top box and for functions in Vita games.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #1756 of 1764 Old 06-12-2014, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Since the Vita hasn't really gained any traction here in the West, I kind of wish Sony had taken the opportunity to relaunch the Vita Slim as the Playstation Portable (2), (what I always thought it should have been named). With the Playstation TV coming this fall, the descriptive nomenclature seems more suitable.

Though I love my Vita, I'm starting to agree that it will probably be Sony's last dedicated handheld. It's a shame too, because they are so close to getting it right. All Sony needs to do is get rid of the rear touch pad, add R2, R3, L2, L3 buttons, and improve the analog sticks. I'm not sure they can do this and still keep it aesthetically pleasing, but a next gen Vita could actually be a pocket PS3. Sadly, unless sales improve dramatically, we will probably never see this come to fruition.

Last edited by Mikazaru; 06-12-2014 at 09:34 AM.
post #1757 of 1764 Old 06-12-2014, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Bought Killzone on sale today. Pretty amazing for a handheld game.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #1758 of 1764 Old 06-13-2014, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Hopefully tals of hearts r will not be the last truly great vita game that is released outside of japan.
post #1759 of 1764 Old 06-14-2014, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Theirs still exclusive games such as Gravity Rush 2 and Freedom Wars.

Here's 2 videos of Freedom Wars.

Their is a Final Fantasy Type 0 HD petition going around. Already has over 1,000 people.
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...a-in-eu-and-na

This situation reminds me of Resident Evil Revelations when it got announced for home consoles and not the PS Vita. Their was a ton of outcry.

Personally, I'd be more interested in Mortal Kombat X coming to the PS Vita than Final Fantasy Type 0 HD but still, Type 0 HD coming to the PS Vita would be a very big deal for the health of the system.

Releasing a Gran Turismo and Infamous game would also help the health of the system as well as significantly lowering the prices of the outrageously overpriced memory cards would also help a lot but that's up to Sony. It's pretty amazing how terrible the marketing is of the PS Vita in America.

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; 06-14-2014 at 05:33 PM.
post #1760 of 1764 Old 06-15-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTut8ZGNceM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bPY8HzwsvY

Their is a Final Fantasy Type 0 HD petition going around. Already has over 1,000 people.

This situation reminds me of Resident Evil Revelations when it got announced for home consoles and not the PS Vita. Their was a ton of outcry.

Personally, I'd be more interested in Mortal Kombat X coming to the PS Vita than Final Fantasy Type 0 HD but still, Type 0 HD coming to the PS Vita would be a very big deal for the health of the system.

Releasing a Gran Turismo and Infamous game would also help the health of the system as well as significantly lowering the prices of the outrageously overpriced memory cards would also help a lot but that's up to Sony. It's pretty amazing how terrible the marketing is of the PS Vita in America.
Freedom wars looks pretty cool. i will keep an eye on that one. yeah, FF type-0 is a no-brainer. i dont understand why squenix wont do a vita version. i understand why they are doing a ps4/xbone version (expand the sales potential) but to ignore the vita seems odd. heck they could release the psp version as is without the hd upgrade for the vita and i bet it would still sell gangbusters.
post #1761 of 1764 Old 06-16-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTut8ZGNceM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bPY8HzwsvY

Freedom wars looks pretty cool. i will keep an eye on that one. yeah, FF type-0 is a no-brainer. i dont understand why squenix wont do a vita version. i understand why they are doing a ps4/xbone version (expand the sales potential) but to ignore the vita seems odd. heck they could release the psp version as is without the hd upgrade for the vita and i bet it would still sell gangbusters.
Don't try to make sense of Squenix, it's probably akin to trying to make sense of the actions of Congress.

I have loved Final Fantasy games for the majority of my life and Square has plummeted as a studio for me. I got far more enjoyment out of a HD refresh of a 10 year old game than anything they've put out the last 10 years (in terms of Final Fantasy). All they seem to do now is take 5 times longer to make games 10 times less loved by series diehards.

edit: Capcom is put themselves on that same list with Resident Evil, could you trash a beloved series anymore?

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #1762 of 1764 Old 07-18-2014, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

They have a right to protect their IP but on the other hand, their is so much bad publicity as is for not announcing Final Fantasy Type 0 for the PS Vita. This is big! http://www.skybladecloud.net/type-0-...h-unavailable/

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; 07-18-2014 at 09:07 PM.
post #1763 of 1764 Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 697
I need someone to hack the Vita so I can In Home Stream Steam games.
post #1764 of 1764 Old 07-18-2014, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation Vita Wifi , Playstation Vita The Walking Dead Bundle

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page