post #1771 of 1774 Old 09-11-2014, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Thanks for the tip. I guess I didn't realize the 3G SIM card and the regular Vita memory card are one and the same. But that does make sense, as I probably haven't been as careful as I could be in ensuring the memory cards I'm switching in and out are completely free of "crud." Now I just need to figure out the best way to clean the slot. Any suggestions?
Ooops, didn't mean to imply that they are the same slot. The SIM slot is on the left of the unit, and protected by a rubber cover. Still wouldn't hurt to blow it out with some compressed air, lightly if possible. Depending on the detection circuitry, even some small dust can cause problems. My MOTO G cell phone sometimes has problems detecting the insertion of headphones (widely reported issue), and even though I can't see anything in the jack, the problem always clears after blowing it out. Hope your problem is as simple as that.

bg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1774 Old 09-11-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post
Ooops, didn't mean to imply that they are the same slot. The SIM slot is on the left of the unit, and protected by a rubber cover. Still wouldn't hurt to blow it out with some compressed air, lightly if possible. Depending on the detection circuitry, even some small dust can cause problems. My MOTO G cell phone sometimes has problems detecting the insertion of headphones (widely reported issue), and even though I can't see anything in the jack, the problem always clears after blowing it out. Hope your problem is as simple as that.
Me too. Thanks!
post #1773 of 1774 Old 09-15-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post
Happy to report the fix turned out to be simple after all. Either actually doing what the error message kept accusing me of doing (removing the SIM card while the Vita was powered on) or blowing air into the SIM card slot solved my problem. Thanks again!
post #1774 of 1774 Old 09-16-2014, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had no idea there was a dedicated Vita thread here!! Very happy to see it though. I've had my Vita since launch and absolutely love it. I honestly think I play it more than any other system I own, and have an absolutely massive backlog.

Just started up Don't Starve. Played a bit of this when it came out on PS4, but it just seems so perfect for the Vita. That seems to happen quite a bit. Even though a lot more games are cross-buy, I will probably only play them on the Vita.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation Vita Wifi , Playstation Vita The Walking Dead Bundle

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page