Official Playstation Vita Thread - Page 63 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes
post #1861 of 1872 Old 04-07-2015, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 124
It is very common for businesses to block "home network" IP addresses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1872 Old 04-07-2015, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 944 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post
It is very common for businesses to block "home network" IP addresses.

What? What would a home network IP address even be?
Regardless, I assumed the Vita connects to PSN, not directly to the PS4, meaning the IP address would be to Sony. But I wonder if the PS4 is doing some proprietary VPN type solution.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #1863 of 1872 Old 04-15-2015, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Got this beauty while in China.

I was hesitant to switch to a 2000 because of the rumored screen deficiency, but remote play does look much sharper on it than on my 1000. It's so much lighter and the PS and start and select buttons are so much better. It's annoying that Asian Vitas have X and O switched for system level stuff though. I was repeatedly assured that it's only from the system screens and not in games, but a lot of games use the system menu to save. The sticks also seem stiffer, but it's not a four year old Vita like my 1000.
post #1864 of 1872 Old 04-15-2015, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Nice... I want one!! It would be great if the X/O switch was for everything though. Because of the custom button mapping introduced in the last firmware, you could just switch it back to to the N. American standard.
post #1865 of 1872 Old 04-15-2015, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post
Nice... I want one!! It would be great if the X/O switch was for everything though. Because of the custom button mapping introduced in the last firmware, you could just switch it back to to the N. American standard.
I thought that was only on the PS4.
post #1866 of 1872 Old 04-15-2015, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
No, it's for Vita, too... it's under the same Accessibility setting.
post #1867 of 1872 Old 04-15-2015, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 944 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post
No, it's for Vita, too... it's under the same Accessibility setting.
On PS4 it's very easy to toggle the custom buttons, is it just as easy on the Vita?

Nice Macello, Did you go perusing through those enormous electronic stores/malls or were you looking for it specifically?

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #1868 of 1872 Old 04-15-2015, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
On PS4 it's very easy to toggle the custom buttons, is it just as easy on the Vita?

Nice Macello, Did you go perusing through those enormous electronic stores/malls or were you looking for it specifically?
I was looking for it specifically. I showed my coworker pictures of it six months ago and said I'd love to have one, but it was very expensive to import then. Now it's $200 on Amazon with Prime to boot. I paid $174 for it in China. It's different when you're holding it in your hands though. I got it in a dedicated gaming store. I also tried to get that limited edition Vita case, but they only came with official Chinese Vitas and the first run of them. My pink Vita is from Hong Kong.
post #1869 of 1872 Old 04-28-2015, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
What? What would a home network IP address even be?
Regardless, I assumed the Vita connects to PSN, not directly to the PS4, meaning the IP address would be to Sony. But I wonder if the PS4 is doing some proprietary VPN type solution.
IP blocks used for home users are well known, documented, and web filtering applications (ie Websense) have these categorized in the filtering applications.
post #1870 of 1872 Unread Today, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
In the last few days my PS Vita Remote Play of the PS4 has been strangely jittery. Everything is perfectly smooth for about 10 seconds, then the video freezes yet still plays audio, for about 1 to 2 seconds, then the video catches up. It's a very regular interval and doesn't seem to be poor bandwidth as it can be inches from the PS4 and it still does this. I've used remote play several times a week for the last year without any issues, it's always been perfectly fine! I think it worked fine on Sunday 6/28 but on Tuesday 6/30 it became jumpy. I've updated firmware on the PS4 and Vita since then, as coincidentally new firmware updates were queued. Playing on the PS4 with controller is still perfectly fine. Anybody else having sudden issues?
post #1871 of 1872 Unread Today, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMad View Post
In the last few days my PS Vita Remote Play of the PS4 has been strangely jittery. Everything is perfectly smooth for about 10 seconds, then the video freezes yet still plays audio, for about 1 to 2 seconds, then the video catches up. It's a very regular interval and doesn't seem to be poor bandwidth as it can be inches from the PS4 and it still does this. I've used remote play several times a week for the last year without any issues, it's always been perfectly fine! I think it worked fine on Sunday 6/28 but on Tuesday 6/30 it became jumpy. I've updated firmware on the PS4 and Vita since then, as coincidentally new firmware updates were queued. Playing on the PS4 with controller is still perfectly fine. Anybody else having sudden issues?
My remote play wouldn't connect after I updated to the latest Vita firmware this past weekend. I too had no issues connecting to the ps4 in my house until this latest update. I'll have to try it again but this will really limit what I do with the Vita if I can't reliably connect anymore.

post #1872 of 1872 Unread Today, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draden1 View Post
My remote play wouldn't connect after I updated to the latest Vita firmware this past weekend. I too had no issues connecting to the ps4 in my house until this latest update. I'll have to try it again but this will really limit what I do with the Vita if I can't reliably connect anymore.
I fixed it! It was either one of these 2 changes:
1. There was no HDTV connected to the PS4 at the moment. On Monday I removed it to replace the TV's power supply board that failed. Today I put a temporary 24" TV on the PS4 and the PS Vita remote play is all back to normal.
2. On the Vita, in the PS4 Link app, I clicked Settings and then did "Restore Settings". This removed the ability of the systems to see each other. I then associated the 2 devices again by entering the code that the PS4 showed on the TV (the reason I had to hook a TV back up lol), and now remote play works flawlessly again.

I have to say... I LOVE remote play! The family is often taking over the family room, or my playing some games in front of the kids is just not appropriate for their sheltered minds, and thus being able to do remote play is a good option. Add a trigger grips to the Vita and it's comfortable for long sessions.

I set the remote play framerate to high which gives 60fps, this feature came out a few months ago. In actuality I barely notice a difference between that and standard. However setting to high requires a stronger wifi adhoc connection so I can't be too far away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation Vita Wifi , Playstation Vita The Walking Dead Bundle

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page