The Pinball Arcade - the ultimate pinball simulator! (PSV / PS3 / PS4) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #91 of 377 Old 06-27-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Thanks Joe, sounds like it's time for me to try it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 377 Old 06-27-2012, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

So how's Bride of Pinbot? I really struggled on Pinbot in the Williams Collection and don't know if just the updated Medieval Madness is worth $5 if I'm not going to enjoy Bride. Funhouse and Circus Voltaire, on the other hand, seem like a no-brainer.

I kinda wish I'd of seen the real Circus Voltaire machine in person at some point.

That's a pretty unique and fun table on the vita.
post #93 of 377 Old 06-28-2012, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

So how's Bride of Pinbot? I really struggled on Pinbot in the Williams Collection and don't know if just the updated Medieval Madness is worth $5 if I'm not going to enjoy Bride. Funhouse and Circus Voltaire, on the other hand, seem like a no-brainer.

Bride is a good game - it progresses by building a female Pinbot and bringing her to life. There's a rotating head in the center of the playfield to land the ball in the mouth and eyes to give her speech and sight. And then she might turn human! I enjoy it much more than the original Pinbot.

But I wouldn't consider Bride near the excellence of Funhouse and Voltaire. Yet Medievil Madness is always good for a game or two, so $5 for both tables is still a deal IMO, even if they don't get played as much as the others.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #94 of 377 Old 06-28-2012, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 195
I was browsing the official TPA forum and came across a few interesting posts from the developers.

They will add trophy support to all DLC tables in a month or so. Also, various fixes will becoming in a future patch, including slowing the insane speed of the ball when it comes down the Damsel tower ramp on the right side of Medieval Madness (yay!), and a fix for a ball hopping glitch in Voltaire.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #95 of 377 Old 06-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

I was browsing the official TPA forum and came across a few interesting posts from the developers.
They will add trophy support to all DLC tables in a month or so. Also, various fixes will becoming in a future patch, including slowing the insane speed of the ball when it comes down the Damsel tower ramp on the right side of Medieval Madness (yay!), and a fix for a ball hopping glitch in Voltaire.

Are you talking about http://pinballarcadefans.com/forum.php

I found out about that forum here. Great fan forum for TPA!
DaverJ likes this.

PSN brakel

post #96 of 377 Old 06-28-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I was just going to ask why I did not receive Trophies for the three new tables I earned high scores for. They are going to add it later.

Although the game is great it is a mess when it comes to updates. Many people are going to buy the tables and not know why they did not show up. It does not make sense that I had to delete the game and redownload the demo and unlock keys. The game could have just been patched to 2.0 when launched.

Never mind I just checked the Pinball Arcade forums and it says that you have to download the demo again because the first version had a bug where it could not be patched.

Earthlink Standard powered by Time Warner Cable Brooklyn.
ASUS RT-N66W Router 374.43 (Merlin Build) using OpenDNS.
Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV 3, Roku 3, Sony PS3 Slim, Sony PS4 all Wired. Chromecast Wireless.
Cats are the best pets.
post #97 of 377 Old 06-28-2012, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

^^^ Yeah, I've never seen something update this badly. The developer at the forum apologized and said it was necessary to force a new dload from scratch because of issues with the original release. They can now release future DLC within the game (or the store) with no problem.

On the bright side, at least they are constantly fixing the different issues that pop up. Not many developers maintain this level of attention to a released product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakel View Post

Are you talking about http://pinballarcadefans.com/forum.php
I found out about that forum here. Great fan forum for TPA!

That's the one!

I should add that the developer has delayed all of the updates for Europe's PSN store until July 11 because Euro Sony recently asked them to work together for a special promotion at that itme. Maybe the Euro PS+ members will get TPA for free (and DLC)?

post #98 of 377 Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Also the original four tables are a bit different with the new version. Black Hole has a much darker shade.

Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV 3, Roku 3, Sony PS3 Slim, Sony PS4 all Wired. Chromecast Wireless.
Cats are the best pets.
post #99 of 377 Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

In Tuesday's patch, they lowered the overall brightness for all tables so that the lighting could stand out more when it flashes on icons, table gadgetry and the like. It can be a tad too dark in some cases, but the improved contrast is noticeable.

post #100 of 377 Old 06-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
FarSight is still learning how to deal with DLC on the consoles. I find it only mildly annoying and I know they'll work everything out eventually. I love the 4 new tables that came out this week and I like the new lighting. Makes it look more like real pinball. Probably by the end of this year or early next year they'll start adding options so that we can adjust things like brightness ourselves. I would love to see this series keep churning out two tables a month for years. Would be great to have a library of 50 tables to play!

PSN brakel

post #101 of 377 Old 06-28-2012, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I love the game, but man, Farsight is screwing up the update/patch/release scheme everywhere.

The iPad situation is just ridiculous (yes, I realize this is the PSN forum) -- 2 versions of the game (1 free with no tables, 1 for 99c with 1 table), but the apps are treated totally separately, with pretty much zero indication of the difference between the two. On top of that, tables bought in one version aren't usable in the other version, because again, they're treated as two distinct games with 2 distinct sets of DLC. Because I downloaded both versions (to see what differences there were), I have no idea which one my bought tables actually exist in. And they claim that this was all "to avoid confusion".

Again, I totally love their games, but they really should let a competent company handle the publishing/release of them.
post #102 of 377 Old 06-28-2012, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I would not trust the AppStore. They already pulled Pinball Arcade Free which had in-app purchases. So if anyone bought tables for that app they are stuck with a abandoware app that will never get updated. Now they have to download Pinball Arcade which is currently free but can be re-listed which means buying all the tables again.

Edit: I read there forums and I read that Apple pulled the app only for a week because the paid version is free for a week. Not to get off topic but this kind of crap ticks me off about Apple. I wasted my money on a few apps one I bought three times and was pulled three times and is now vaporware. That is why I only look for free apps and will only pay at most $2 for a app and avoid in-app purchase scam. Sorry to get off topic.

Cats are the best pets.
post #103 of 377 Old 06-28-2012, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
hey.. thanks for the heads up. The new version does fix the bad top light trigger on the blackhole for vita. Works now!
post #104 of 377 Old 06-29-2012, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I purchased and downloaded Circus Voltare and the other table. That wen ok but when I go to play the tables I get a message about connecting a USB to the Vita which I don't own. I had the RBION, TOTAN etc games already downloaded and playable. It said the new tables were playable on the PS3 and Vita. Ieft a message with the manufacturer but their phone system tree is not user friendly at all. I left a message with some guy there and don't even know if he is the right person as they don't ask you what you are calling for but just give you the option of digging up the name of a person in their company. I saw the post about deleting the original download but am not sure about that working for me. Any help appreciated.
post #105 of 377 Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Delete your game and get the new one. It is a brand new build with quite a few changes/additions since the original release can't be patched. Try it and see what happens.

post #106 of 377 Old 06-29-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok, I'll delete the original table (Ripley's etc). Then am I going to downloads and redownloading it again? Do I have to do anything to the newer tables I have purchased down loaded and installed?
post #107 of 377 Old 06-29-2012, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Ok, I'll delete the original table (Ripley's etc). Then am I going to downloads and redownloading it again? Do I have to do anything to the newer tables I have purchased down loaded and installed?

From FarSight email newsletter:

1. Re-download the "Pinball Arcade Demo" and the "Pinball Arcade Full Game Unlock" from PSN Games. You shouldn’t have to delete the old version of the game.
2. Install the "Pinball Arcade Demo". When you open the game the trial versions of the new tables should be in the menu.
3. Make sure to download the Add On Packs after you have re-downloaded the "Pinball Arcade Demo".

If this doesn’t work, deleting the old version and then following these steps should certainly work. You will not be charged a second time.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #108 of 377 Old 06-29-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

There are two versions in the PS3 store, one for PS3, one for Vita. It sounds to me like you downloaded the Vita version. It's hard to tell which is which in the store.
post #109 of 377 Old 06-29-2012, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

One purchase gives access to the PS3 demo the Vita version, and an unlock key file. Download all three to get it to work. I had to also re-download my purchased DLC tables for the new version to recognize I had them.

post #110 of 377 Old 06-29-2012, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks. This just gets better. I didn't see anything about a key file. I'm at work now but will apply the directions when I get home. Playing these games makes me want to get another pinball game. I've had a Creature From The Black Lagoon (2x), Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Monster Bash, Tales From The Crypt, Jurassic Park, Congo (2x), Who Dunnit? These simulations are right on the money for the most part. I would like to have better sound though. Voice calls are too low in some cases and I have to really turn the volume up.
post #111 of 377 Old 06-29-2012, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

What I do for the sound when playing this game is to make a few adjustments on my audio receiver with the remote. I switch on the "Enhancer", which boosts up sound levels and gives the bass more punch, and I also turn on simulated surround sound, which sends extra audio signals to my rear speakers for an overall better effect.

post #112 of 377 Old 06-30-2012, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
anyone else feel like Circus Voltaire needs a little more table angle or something? The ball movement makes me feel like im playing on the moon
post #113 of 377 Old 06-30-2012, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I haven't tried that table yet, but will fire it up after I get used to BoP. For some reason I don't like to switch between tables too often.

My technique is nailed down and I finally destroyed all six castles in Medieval Madness. The next goal when I come back to this table is to beat all the other five goals in one game (save three damsels, three Peasant Revolts, three Catapults, three Jousting matches, kill ten trolls) before then destroying the six castles so I can beat the entire game.

post #114 of 377 Old 07-05-2012, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Good news fellow pinballers... two new packs of two tables each will be released next month on the PSN:

Pack #3 - Gorgar, Monster Bash
Pack #4 - Black Knight, Creature from the Black Lagoon

Here are Farsight's comments on those last two tables:
Quote:
Creature from the Black Lagoon was designed by John Trudeau (a.k.a. “Dr. Flash”) and released by Midway under the Bally brand in 1992. It combines the excitement of Universal’s classic monster flick with the fun of a drive-in movie date, and features a holographic “creature” set in the middle of the playfield that lights up and waves its hand back and forth during multiball play. This table is currently #17 on Pinside’s list of the top tables of all time!

Black Knight is a Steve Richie-designed table released by Williams in 1980. This classic table featured the first-ever two-level playfield, and also the first use of “Magna-Save” (a patented feature in which a player-controlled magnet is used to prevent outlane drains). It’s a true classic!

post #115 of 377 Old 07-09-2012, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I think I got everything ok now but how come Midevel Madness says that I have to unlock the game? When I choose that option I get taken to the PS3 Store where the only thing available is buy and download the game which I already did. Great news about Monster Bash and Creature.
post #116 of 377 Old 07-09-2012, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Dload the DLC again. I had to do that (yes, it's dumb).

post #117 of 377 Old 07-22-2012, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

After clearing out one of my backlog titles recently, I got back into this game over the weekend with a focus on The Bride of Pinbot. I would say that of all of the initial tables released, this is the one that pinball novices should try to get good at first. There aren't many goals so it isn't complicated, and the main ramp is easy to get a rhythm on as you try to beat it.

The main goal of the table is to hit the One Billion Point Shot after constructing the fembot. I was able to do it three times in one game, making the top 100 scores overall for the table (almost 3.5 billion). Since I also finished all ten of the Standard and Wizard goals, it is pretty much beaten.

I will however keep trying to get the Backdoor Billion, which requires the player to get ten consecutive loops (in any combo of the three loops) with no miss in between. I got up to eight loops and lost my concentration, so it shouldn't be too long. Cirque Volitaire will be my next project.

Have any of you been working on various table goals?

post #118 of 377 Old 07-23-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:

After clearing out one of my backlog titles recently, I got back into this game over the weekend with a focus on The Bride of Pinbot. I would say that of all of the initial tables released, this is the one that pinball novices should try to get good at first. There aren't many goals so it isn't complicated, and the main ramp is easy to get a rhythm on as you try to beat it.
The main goal of the table is to hit the One Billion Point Shot after constructing the fembot. I was able to do it three times in one game, making the top 100 scores overall for the table (almost 3.5 billion). Since I also finished all ten of the Standard and Wizard goals, it is pretty much beaten.
I will however keep trying to get the Backdoor Billion, which requires the player to get ten consecutive loops (in any combo of the three loops) with no miss in between. I got up to eight loops and lost my concentration, so it shouldn't be too long. Cirque Volitaire will be my next project.
Have any of you been working on various table goals?

the goals are part of what keep me going! as a kid, i of course never gave a hoot about the goals. hell, i didnt even know there were any haha. ripleys is a pain and cirque voltaires ball movement feels weird to me. black hole sucks ass so i will prob never do that one. i think i have like 5 or 6 of the tables complete
post #119 of 377 Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

5 or 6 tables with the Wizard goals completed is impressive! I don''t focus on on TPA goals until after I "beat" a table's original objectives (like with Bride of Pinbot, but maybe I will concentrate more on them as I learn the ins and outs. What is your favorite table so far?

post #120 of 377 Old 07-25-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:

5 or 6 tables with the Wizard goals completed is impressive! I don''t focus on on TPA goals until after I "beat" a table's original objectives (like with Bride of Pinbot, but maybe I will concentrate more on them as I learn the ins and outs. What is your favorite table so far?

after looking, i got ahead of myself. it appears i still have a goal left on ripleys rolleyes.gif so i am at 4 tables complete. currently i would have to say Theater of Magic is my fav. Medieval Madness is close on the heels though so its a toss up. i really would like to get into Cirque Voltaire but it "feels" weird. have you tried that one yet? Funhouse and Bride of Pinbot are both fun but theres not a lot going on there so it can get old. whats annoying about Funhouse is constantly hitting the ball into the wind tunnel. mad.gif Tales is good too, but i dont find myself playing it too much anymore
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Pinball Hall Of Fame The Williams Collection Brunswick Pro Bowling Cocoto Fishing Master Playstation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page