Modern Warfare 3 - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #211 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess View Post

I watch a lot of Randy's videos, but for my money, it's hard to be F1st. this guy truly annihilates people, of all skill levels, on a regular basis. His videos stack up with insane scores. Like this one, where he goes 75-2. Seventy-five and TWO people. For god's sake, I can't even do that in combat training on frickin' easy. Enjoy...

wow, that guy is terrible. one, he camps. and two, he is ridiculously annoying.

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Best advice is make sure your starting perk is hard line. That way you rack em up easier. I have assassin as the 1st perk earned so I get off the radar right away.

you should also start with stalker that way you aren't thrown off by it once you get it.

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
post #213 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbg007 View Post

You do realize these you tube douche clowns set these games up with people they know so they can run around and look good right? I mean come on just from this video alone everyone is just standing around or running right up to him without their guns being drawn. How many games of Hardhat has anyone been in where there is this much standing around? Same with the other video, everyone running around with their guns down. But if it's on the internet it must be true. If you compare these youtube guys to actual gameplay the games are really slow compared to reality. I NEVER see games by these guys that are anything like reality.

watch a sandy ravage live stream. he tops the boards pretty much every game. so i doubt that he's a dash boarder as kess claims. or sets his games up as you claim they all do.

honestly, i don't know why i'm even chiming in on this topic because it's so stupid and pointless. but i'm bored so whatever. it's probably the same reason i've ever seen a sandy ravage live stream. lol.

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
post #214 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 04:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post


watch a sandy ravage live stream. he tops the boards pretty much every game. so i doubt that he's a dash boarder as kess claims. or sets his games up as you claim they all do.

honestly, i don't know why i'm even chiming in on this topic because it's so stupid and pointless. but i'm bored so whatever. it's probably the same reason i've ever seen a sandy ravage live stream. lol.

I can't envision a situation where I'd rather watch a livestream of someone playing instead of actually playing myself.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #215 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post


That's just silly. If you used assassin instead of hardline as your red perk, you'd be off the radar with no kills.

Yet wasting time gathering up getting all your others. Hard line is the better perk to start with. Doesn't make any sense to start with ANY other perk.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #216 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post


I run scavenger, assassin, dead silence. Then Quickdraw, marksman, blind eye.

Id never run that set up. Blind eye as last? Marksman in there at all? Really?
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #217 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 04:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post


Yet wasting time gathering up getting all your others. Hard line is the better perk to start with. Doesn't make any sense to start with ANY other perk.

But I'm pretty damn sure you could use Hardline as your third specialist perk, and still get all perks in 7. That way you can have your cake and eat it too.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #218 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 04:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post


Id never run that set up. Blind eye as last? Marksman in there at all? Really?

I'm thinking of switching blind eye out, but marksman is underrated. Great perk.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #219 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkntz View Post

I can see it both ways. The hardline perk gets you to commando by the 7th kill. But doesn't make you a more dominant soldier until then. How would you stack them?

I honestly wouldn't run the set up directly below this post. (yours)

You should never run blind eye last. Unless you tend to camp in buildings constantly. It wouldn't be wise to run that set up.

You want to start with blind eye as a main perk 1st. One predator and bam. Your dead.

Blind eye
Hard line
Whatever your most comfortable with. I personably suggest a perk that helps with clays or bouncing Betty's.

I'm constantly running around the map. It sucks to get up in your KS just to die from a stinking claymore. If camping is more how you play. Then use BDs set up. Although camping isn't mean for specialist at all. It wasn't designed that way.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #220 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post


wow, that guy is terrible. one, he camps. and two, he is ridiculously annoying.

He gets some of the most hate online. He's a prick lol. I don't want his vids for that alone.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #221 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post


you should also start with stalker that way you aren't thrown off by it once you get it.

Fully agree. That's the perk I use
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #222 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post


I'm thinking of switching blind eye out, but marksman is underrated. Great perk.

It also hurts you though. You end up relying too much on it and die by someone using assassin. That's why I had stopped using it.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #223 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post


But I'm pretty damn sure you could use Hardline as your third specialist perk, and still get all perks in 7. That way you can have your cake and eat it too.

You could. But my point is you want as many perks as you can as fast as you can. Running hard line as a third doesn't give you an added benefit at all.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #224 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 04:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post


You could. But my point is you want as many perks as you can as fast as you can. Running hard line as a third doesn't give you an added benefit at all.

But what benefit does it give you if your first unlock is another red perk? I don't think you've thought this all the way through.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #225 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post


But what benefit does it give you if your first unlock is another red perk? I don't think you've thought this all the way through.

Why does it matter if it's another red perk? The importance of specialist is to run the most you can as quick as you can. Using hard line 1st does exactly this. Within the 1st ten seconds of the game you'll have 4 perks. 2 points later you would have 5. Yet you'd still only be on 4. Get it?

Trust me when I say it works best this way. I practically only run specialist. The only other kill streaks stack up that I will run is support. And that's only if My team can't keep their own.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #226 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 05:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post


Why does it matter if it's another red perk? The importance of specialist is to run the most you can as quick as you can. Using hard line 1st does exactly this. Within the 1st ten seconds of the game you'll have 4 perks. 2 points later you would have 5. Yet you'd still only be on 4. Get it?

You might have 4 perks after 1 kill, but you only have 3 useful perks - Hardline just became dead weight, since from that point on, you get another perk every two kills, just as if you didn't have it. It doesn't matter how many perks you have, it only matters how many USEFUL perks you have.

So if you run Hardline, it'll take you three kills to get 4 useful perks. Without it, you can get 4 useful perks in 2 kills.

Hardline could be helpful if you want a second blue/green perk, because theres no other way to get two blue/green perk in less than two kills otherwise. But you can get any other red perk in 0 kills...by just choosing it instead of Hardline.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #227 of 824 Old 12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

You might have 4 perks after 1 kill, but you only have 3 useful perks - Hardline just became dead weight, since from that point on, you get another perk every two kills, just as if you didn't have it. It doesn't matter how many perks you have, it only matters how many USEFUL perks you have.

So if you run Hardline, it'll take you three kills to get 4 useful perks. Without it, you can get 4 useful perks in 2 kills.

Hardline could be helpful if you want a second blue/green perk, because theres no other way to get two blue/green perk in less than two kills otherwise. But you can get any other red perk in 0 kills...by just choosing it instead of Hardline.

How would hard line not be useful? Assist would also count towards your points. That alone it great reason to run it.

And yes. You still end up having to get a perk after every 2 kills but it would still b 1 int faster then without it. To me. It's very use full. To some it is not. I doubt I play anything like most in here. And vice versa. What works for one doesn't always work for others.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #228 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 01:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Broke my cod kill streak record. I've never gotten this high in literally any cod. Killstreaks starting again without dying helped me a whole lot. 64! Highest before was 47 black ops!

Regardless of me playing so well. I still think they need to fix a lots of issues with this game. It seems that detection is still kind of off. And the lag sometimes is just downright horrible.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #229 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 02:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
teckademic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: san jose, ca
Posts: 1,795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
so I keep hearing that having one of those gaming headsets will increase the sounds you hear from the game like footsteps, gunfire and such, but how much more could I get out of a headset than having a surround system? I should have the same benefit of a headset by having a surround system, right? I've never used a headset before so I am not sure what they sound like, but my system is great as it is with movies and video games.
teckademic is offline  
post #230 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 03:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post

so I keep hearing that having one of those gaming headsets will increase the sounds you hear from the game like footsteps, gunfire and such, but how much more could I get out of a headset than having a surround system? I should have the same benefit of a headset by having a surround system, right? I've never used a headset before so I am not sure what they sound like, but my system is great as it is with movies and video games.

You tend to hear more with a head set then you do an actual sound system. Don' expect crazy game improvement though. If you don't mind rockin a sound system. I'd stick to that.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #231 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
greeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 2,597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Lots of chat about it in the xbox mw3 thread, but I play ps3 ms3 and wanted to hear what you guys think about how the game lag is now. I find it's better after the last update. there's less out and out unplayable, running into walls, being uncontrollable, but the lag compensation is bad sometimes - really bad. In one match of KC last night, I turn a corner with two enemies right in front running away. Easy kills? Now way, I empty a clip into the first guy (SCAR-L, impact, suppressor) and he doesn't even flinch, the second guy, farther ahead, turns and kills me with one burst, before I can reload.
I'm not the greatest player, but I've been in that situation before and nail both of those guys. I think it's the lag compensation that's applied because of some other player.
I had one other real indication something was amiss in the game. I watched a killcam on me by a guy with an AK47. The repeat rate for that gun was WAY slow on playback. I watched again and same thing. the AK's repeat rate was like 2x too slow. Something was just wrong.

I also felt like my bullets just did no damage even at close range. I got full on hit markers from the first shot, and they don't die. In the kill cam, I don't even see them taking any damage and I don't get any shots off. That's just wrong...

Anyway, other thoughts from folks?
Best,
jeff
greeno is offline  
post #232 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 07:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno View Post

Lots of chat about it in the xbox mw3 thread, but I play ps3 ms3 and wanted to hear what you guys think about how the game lag is now. I find it's better after the last update. there's less out and out unplayable, running into walls, being uncontrollable, but the lag compensation is bad sometimes - really bad. In one match of KC last night, I turn a corner with two enemies right in front running away. Easy kills? Now way, I empty a clip into the first guy (SCAR-L, impact, suppressor) and he doesn't even flinch, the second guy, farther ahead, turns and kills me with one burst, before I can reload.
I'm not the greatest player, but I've been in that situation before and nail both of those guys. I think it's the lag compensation that's applied because of some other player.
I had one other real indication something was amiss in the game. I watched a killcam on me by a guy with an AK47. The repeat rate for that gun was WAY slow on playback. I watched again and same thing. the AK's repeat rate was like 2x too slow. Something was just wrong.

I also felt like my bullets just did no damage even at close range. I got full on hit markers from the first shot, and they don't die. In the kill cam, I don't even see them taking any damage and I don't get any shots off. That's just wrong...

Anyway, other thoughts from folks?
Best,
jeff

There is lag compensation in the form of client side hit detection. There always has been and mw3 is no different in this regard than any other cod.

Yes, it can lead to moments of ridiculousness, and the biggest mistake they make is to actually show you that moment via the killcam. And then for the killcam to not only show a different sequence of events, but to show an imprecise version or those events make something seem broken.

What most people don't realize is that the game would play like total sh*t most of the time without this compensation. There's no way for people to know that without them being crazy enough to actually turn the lag compensation off. which theyll never do.

There are times when I feel like I'm literally the only person on the Internet who understands this.

The easy solution is to just disable the killcam. Then when lag nails people, at least they probably won't know it.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #233 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I don't think it's about people not understanding how it would be without the lag compensation. I think it's just a matter of it not being enough. Mw2 did not have these issues even half as bad as this one.

This game still needs plenty of fixing.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #234 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 08:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

I don't think it's about people not understanding how it would be without the lag compensation. I think it's just a matter of it not being enough. Mw2 did not have these issues even half as bad as this one.

This game still needs plenty of fixing.

Not being enough what? Compensation?

That's the thing. It's not a dial you turn up or down. Either it's on or it's not.

Mw2 had exactly the same issues. What it didn't have is a theater mode, where people could go back and do a forensic analysis of a kill, completely misunderstand how lag compensation works and in what ways the killcam is inaccurate (it's not enough to know that it just is, you have to know how), narrate a video without actually knowing wtf you're talking about and then posting it on YouTube and confusing/enraging a few million players.

And now you've got people saying idiotic things like slowing down your connection intentionally is going to make you do better. Yes, in one very narrow scenario it will....and it will **** you up in every other case.

I'm telling you guys...don't hold your breath for an upcoming "lag fix". You're going to be disappointed.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #235 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
greeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 2,597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I get that lag compensation is needed and it's on. what I struggle with is, as a player, is how to deal with it. I seem to be most successful with weapons that have a higher fire rate (like the SMG PP901). But on larger maps where the engagements are at greater distance, this weapon is almost useless. On those maps I'll use the SCAR-L (suppressed+impact) and this is where I run into it.

I don't know what the solution is. I've played lots of MW2 and never felt this level of frustration (and it's maybe on 10-20% of the matches) regarding lag. The match last night I refer to, just pushed me over the edge enough to post today. what should have been an easy double kill (getting behind two guys at that close of range just doesn't happen to me that ofter), ends badly for me with the guy I emptied a clip into his back, kills me! AND the killcam shows me basically standing there like a dope, not shooting and dieing by the guy dancing around me killing me with a machine pistol. During the live engagement, that is far from what I was.

Anyway on another topic. Do the players here on PS3 want to form a group for playing like the Xbox players are? I'd be up for that.
Best,
jeff
greeno is offline  
post #236 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno View Post

I get that lag compensation is needed and it's on. what I struggle with is, as a player, is how to deal with it. I seem to be most successful with weapons that have a higher fire rate (like the SMG PP901). But on larger maps where the engagements are at greater distance, this weapon is almost useless. On those maps I'll use the SCAR-L (suppressed+impact) and this is where I run into it.

I don't know what the solution is. I've played lots of MW2 and never felt this level of frustration (and it's maybe on 10-20% of the matches) regarding lag. The match last night I refer to, just pushed me over the edge enough to post today. what should have been an easy double kill (getting behind two guys at that close of range just doesn't happen to me that ofter), ends badly for me with the guy I emptied a clip into his back, kills me! AND the killcam shows me basically standing there like a dope, not shooting and dieing by the guy dancing around me killing me with a machine pistol. During the live engagement, that is far from what I was.

Anyway on another topic. Do the players here on PS3 want to form a group for playing like the Xbox players are? I'd be up for that.
Best,
jeff

The reason you're more successful combating lag with a SMG is because you're engaging in more close range firefights. Any time you change direction and swing around a corner there's the potential that youll be granted a slight advantage. Your turning of the corner is delayed to other players, which actually gives you a split second advantage to start gunning them down before they see you on their end. That sounds outrageous but that's one of the *very* few situations where lag can give a player a huge advantage.

There is no solution. Not one that would make everyone happy at all times. All you can do is accept it, move on and enjoy the game. If you can't, you need to play a slower paced game like gears of war where lag can't decide the winner as often.

Just remember, for every instance that lag ****s you over, you ****ed someone over with lag. Let the schadenfreude sooth your pain.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #237 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
greeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 2,597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'll keep that in mind. The pain is minimal from the enjoyment of the game.

On yet another note, I was in a lobby last night with a player who had a rank of 8! I think the gamer tag was skulls_and_bones (I can look it up at home in my elite account). From his KD (0.7-0.8 range), win/loss (50%), etc. , they don't look that impressive. But the points per game/hour, they were HUGE, I forget the number. I've never played a match with a player who had a single digit ranking... They had about 70 hours total MW3 play time.

Best,
jeff
greeno is offline  
post #238 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post


Not being enough what? Compensation?

That's the thing. It's not a dial you turn up or down. Either it's on or it's not.

Mw2 had exactly the same issues. What it didn't have is a theater mode, where people could go back and do a forensic analysis of a kill, completely misunderstand how lag compensation works and in what ways the killcam is inaccurate (it's not enough to know that it just is, you have to know how), narrate a video without actually knowing wtf you're talking about and then posting it on YouTube and confusing/enraging a few million players.

And now you've got people saying idiotic things like slowing down your connection intentionally is going to make you do better. Yes, in one very narrow scenario it will....and it will **** you up in every other case.

I'm telling you guys...don't hold your breath for an upcoming "lag fix". You're going to be disappointed.

I think your wrong. There is no way the game devs wanted a game with this much lag. None of the other cods had lag this bad. Black ops was horrid when it 1st came out. Look it it now. Runs smooth. No lag at all. Saying they won't be able to fix it is rather silly.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #239 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno View Post

I get that lag compensation is needed and it's on. what I struggle with is, as a player, is how to deal with it. I seem to be most successful with weapons that have a higher fire rate (like the SMG PP901). But on larger maps where the engagements are at greater distance, this weapon is almost useless. On those maps I'll use the SCAR-L (suppressed+impact) and this is where I run into it.

I don't know what the solution is. I've played lots of MW2 and never felt this level of frustration (and it's maybe on 10-20% of the matches) regarding lag. The match last night I refer to, just pushed me over the edge enough to post today. what should have been an easy double kill (getting behind two guys at that close of range just doesn't happen to me that ofter), ends badly for me with the guy I emptied a clip into his back, kills me! AND the killcam shows me basically standing there like a dope, not shooting and dieing by the guy dancing around me killing me with a machine pistol. During the live engagement, that is far from what I was.

Anyway on another topic. Do the players here on PS3 want to form a group for playing like the Xbox players are? I'd be up for that.
Best,
jeff

I'd be up for that as well. It's always nice to play with a group of people. I'm sure that would also keep this thread more alive. So count me in.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #240 of 824 Old 12-05-2011, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno View Post

I'll keep that in mind. The pain is minimal from the enjoyment of the game.

On yet another note, I was in a lobby last night with a player who had a rank of 8! I think the gamer tag was skulls_and_bones (I can look it up at home in my elite account). From his KD (0.7-0.8 range), win/loss (50%), etc. , they don't look that impressive. But the points per game/hour, they were HUGE, I forget the number. I've never played a match with a player who had a single digit ranking... They had about 70 hours total MW3 play time.

Best,
jeff

lol. I've played with a few people ranked that high. It doesn't take skill. Just takes a ton of time playing. 1st two weeks of this game I was ranked in the top 200. But ever since my daughter was born its dropped a ton. I'm like 10K now lol.
JukeBox360 is offline  
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off