Grand Theft Auto V: Out Now On PS3 & Xbox 360 - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 584 Old 10-04-2013, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I haven't tried online play yet, a bit nervous that it will affect my single player save. I'm too old to get my butt kicked by a bunch of teens, but might play with some friends. Does it allow for this? I've read a little bit on the solo mode, but can't seem to find a full guide to the various game modes.

For reference I've never even played an MMO, about the most online gaming I've done is private Unreal Tournament matches with a bunch of friends. 😛
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 584 Old 10-05-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Same here. To me that sounds like it's all about the online aspect. Well what about the SP part that got all messed up from the first patch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

Luckily for me so far my SP save seems to be fine. I am at 80.2% and have finished the story mode so in all reality as long as the MP gets fixed I really don't care what happens to my SP save since online is where most of my game time with this game will take place from here on out...I highly doubt I will ever 100% this game anyway.

I'm in the opposite boat. Aside from the Prologue and Franklin's first mission, I haven't even started the game as I wanted to make sure all (or at least most) of the bugs were fixed. That's why I'd like to know what has been fixed in SP with these 2 patches and whether or not the glitches that were introduced with the patches have been taken care of.

Hell, I've waited this long, I could probably wait for a 3rd patch, but it would be nice to know if one is even coming (and soon) so I'm not waiting forever.
post #543 of 584 Old 10-05-2013, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:

I'm in the opposite boat. Aside from the Prologue and Franklin's first mission, I haven't even started the game as I wanted to make sure all (or at least most) of the bugs were fixed. That's why I'd like to know what has been fixed in SP with these 2 patches and whether or not the glitches that were introduced with the patches have been taken care of.

Hell, I've waited this long, I could probably wait for a 3rd patch, but it would be nice to know if one is even coming (and soon) so I'm not waiting forever.
Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #544 of 584 Old 10-05-2013, 08:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 1469
I hate to say it...but GTA online is kind of terrible. I think I've spent more time waiting for matches to start or sitting at a menu/scoreboard than actually playing.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #545 of 584 Old 10-06-2013, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I hate to say it...but GTA online is kind of terrible. I think I've spent more time waiting for matches to start or sitting at a menu/scoreboard than actually playing.

I felt the same way until we got the patch fr the 360 yesterday...things were a lot better last night.
post #546 of 584 Old 10-06-2013, 08:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

I felt the same way until we got the patch fr the 360 yesterday...things were a lot better last night.

Its not even just the bugs though. Everything has a wait timer on it. There's a 2 minute wait timer while inviting. Then another minute wait timer while people select weapons, cars etc. Then another 30 seconds for bets. Then a load screen. Then it finally starts, and after all that, some genius thought a search and destroy type match with ONE ROUND, that last about 30 seconds was a good idea. Then once that's over, another 15 seconds to vote on whether or not people liked the job. Then another minute to decide on which map to go to next....and then we're back to the two minute wait while people get invited.

It's ridiculous. Call of duty gives you 60 seconds max between matches to do everything, and then you're right back in a game for ten minutes or so.  The ratio of gameplay to menus is 10:1.  In GTA, it's more like 1:10. The "non-job" open world part of GTAO is pointless and silly.

It was a great concept, but the execution is absolutely horrible. I was really looking forward to it, but I'll probably never touch it again.

post #547 of 584 Old 10-06-2013, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Despite all the problems and really horrible horror stories I've heard about people losing their online characters.

I've been pretty lucky and have been able to successfully connect to R*'s servers consistently since early Wednesday morning.

My character is ranked up to level 31 and I just bought the 2 story apartment with a 10 car garage for 223K.

Loving GTA Online so far.
Chairman7w likes this.
post #548 of 584 Old 10-06-2013, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Finally got online to work and played a little today. I agree about too much waiting. I was host for of a couple of rounds and what caused most of the delay was waiting on people trying to join. As long as someone was trying to join I couldn't start the round even though we already had more than enough players. And people were constantly dropping out and joining.

It's a great concept though. I love the way multiplayer is it's own side-story in the same world as the single player game. When I was actually playing it was a lot of fun worked smoothly. I rarely play games online anymore but I can see this becoming addicting, trying to earn money for houses and upgrades and whatnot. Also, they really need to add the vehicle tracker and insurance to single player. What's the fun of having a cool custom car if you can't use it on missions for fear of losing it?
post #549 of 584 Old 10-09-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

The real Trevor, the actor Steven Ogg who played him has some news to share:

And another source for people who prefer to read:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/gta-v-smashes-several-guinness-world-records-160308518.html
post #550 of 584 Old 10-09-2013, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipinoyakuza View Post

The real Trevor, the actor Steven Ogg who played him has some news to share:

And another source for people who prefer to read:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/gta-v-smashes-several-guinness-world-records-160308518.html
That's hilarious. I never would've guessed that the actor would look just like Trevor.
post #551 of 584 Old 10-10-2013, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

I see that the third patch (1.03) was just released, but after looking at the patch notes it appears to be another mainly for online fixes.

Does anyone know if any of these patches has fixed the vanishing vehicle bug in SP yet?
post #552 of 584 Old 10-10-2013, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

I see that the third patch (1.03) was just released, but after looking at the patch notes it appears to be another mainly for online fixes.

Does anyone know if any of these patches has fixed the vanishing vehicle bug in SP yet?

I believe 1.01 did that:
Fix for interface issues when using Internet on the cell phone after completing the game, or during a mission replay
Fix for the Vanilla Unicorn occasionally becoming locked
Fix for issues where the character’s money could drop below zero and become stuck there
Fix for the Epsilon Program missions not progressing properly after delivering some cars
Fix for issue where the Atomic Blimp sometimes does not appear as a phone contact for Collector’s Edition owners
Fix for issues with saved vehicles going missing, or losing their upgrades
Fixes for several map escape and collision issues along with other various bug fixes

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51500/gtav-title-update-details.html
post #553 of 584 Old 10-11-2013, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Grand Theft Auto Online: Half a Million GTA$ Stimulus Package this Month

Money in the Bank

Given some of the recent technical issues during these first days of GTA Online, and now that things are starting to look much smoother (touch wood!), we are planning to provide a special stimulus package for all who have played or will play Grand Theft Auto Online this month. We will be dropping a cool half a million GTA$ in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players this month, starting as early as next week.

‘Don’t Spend It All in One Place!’

In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible, but are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week (after we’ve confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed) with the second installment to happen by the end of the month. For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet.

Below are a few more details on how it will work. Stay tuned for tips on how to make the most of GTA$ cash, info on ways and places to earn more cash fast, as well as updates on all the new GTA Online content additions we’re working on for this fall and beyond.
  • You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.
  • Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04) is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which we’ll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players.
  • We will announce at the Rockstar Newswire when each deposit is made.
  • Each of the two GTA$250,000 deposits will be made by Rockstar and should automatically appear in the in-game GTA Online bank accounts of eligible players. Beyond downloading the forthcoming title update mentioned above, there should not be any additional special action required by eligible players to redeem.

Source:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51565/grand-theft-auto-online-half-a-million-gta-stimulus-package-this.html
post #554 of 584 Old 10-11-2013, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

So, by this statement,
Quote:
You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.

does that mean you have to have actually played online or can you just create a character and still be eligible?

I only ask because I'm not 100% sure if I'm ever going to take advantage of GTAO, but if sometime in the future I decide to, it would be nice to have this extra cash.
post #555 of 584 Old 10-11-2013, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
Quote:

So, by this statement,

does that mean you have to have actually played online or can you just create a character and still be eligible?

I only ask because I'm not 100% sure if I'm ever going to take advantage of GTAO, but if sometime in the future I decide to, it would be nice to have this extra cash.
Why don't you just create an online character and at least go through the tutorial?

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #556 of 584 Old 10-11-2013, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Uh-oh...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/11/grand-theft-auto-v-daz-dillinger-cease-and-desist-letter/

I don't think anything will come of this and I bet R* did have permission, probably from the record label not the artists himself, and all will be settled out of court but, I find the last line funny:
Quote:
Daz and his attorneys at Kushner Carlson are giving the GTA V makers 14 days to comply with their demands ... or strike a deal.

Maybe I'm weird but the whole article reads like the star of a mission that could be in the game. Time to drive over and smash the annoying artist's car up and maybe pull his house down the side of a mountain.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #557 of 584 Old 10-11-2013, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

Uh-oh...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/11/grand-theft-auto-v-daz-dillinger-cease-and-desist-letter/

I don't think anything will come of this and I bet R* did have permission, probably from the record label not the artists himself, and all will be settled out of court but, I find the last line funny:
Maybe I'm weird but the whole article reads like the star of a mission that could be in the game. Time to drive over and smash the annoying artist's car up and maybe pull his house down the side of a mountain.

Stupid has been rappers trying to make a quick million off R*'s success with a GTA game.

There was that member of Cypress Hill who tried to sue R* over GTA San Andreas claiming that they stole his likeness and real life story with the CJ character.
post #558 of 584 Old 10-11-2013, 05:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I dunno, if they offered him money for his song, and he turns it down, but they use it anyway....sounds like he's got a legitimate beef.

post #559 of 584 Old 10-11-2013, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Rockstar should take advantage of this, get the VAs in and make a in engine video response to this. Have some fun with it.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #560 of 584 Old 10-11-2013, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Rockstar should take advantage of this, get the VAs in and make a in engine video response to this. Have some fun with it.
+1
post #561 of 584 Old 10-11-2013, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #562 of 584 Old 10-13-2013, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

I have a couple of questions.

First would be about items around the city. I'm talking about stuff like health packs, armor, and weapons just lying around to pick up. Am I just missing them because it's so huge or have they severely cut back on how much is out there?
It seemed like in the last 3 games there was something to pick up at almost every turn. Now, I am barely finding anything. So far all I have found in total is as follows...
  • Health Pack in Franklin's starting house
  • Armor vest in one of the police stations
  • Parachute at the top of the cable car lift

Second would be about online. I made my character and went through the two tutorial missions. After I got done I was told to go buy some clothes. While I was heading to the store, I heard someone talking through my TV's speakers. Needless to say it was quite annoying to listen to. Is there any way to shut this off so I don't have to hear them? I went into the options and saw something that said Voices through speakers and I set it to Off, but I still heard this person.
post #563 of 584 Old 10-13-2013, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

First would be about items around the city. I'm talking about stuff like health packs, armor, and weapons just lying around to pick up. Am I just missing them because it's so huge or have they severely cut back on how much is out there?
It seemed like in the last 3 games there was something to pick up at almost every turn. Now, I am barely finding anything. So far all I have found in total is as follows...
All of the safehouses have a health pack, outside some of the hospitals too. I've found a few melee weapons and some armor in a couple of places. There's a lot underwater: guns, armor and health are scattered around many of the plane and ship wrecks.

Quote:

Second would be about online. I made my character and went through the two tutorial missions. After I got done I was told to go buy some clothes. While I was heading to the store, I heard someone talking through my TV's speakers. Needless to say it was quite annoying to listen to. Is there any way to shut this off so I don't have to hear them? I went into the options and saw something that said Voices through speakers and I set it to Off, but I still heard this person.
Hold down select to bring up the online menu. I don't remember what the option is called but there's a setting for communications with options like "everyone", "no one", "friends" and "crew". Just take it off of the "everyone" setting.
post #564 of 584 Old 10-14-2013, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

To turn off the sound hold the select button, go into chat and set it to no one, or friends & crew members chat.

For regenerating health what you can do is buy snacks and soda cans at liquor stores, or some ammunation stores.

While your doing a mission you can hold select the select button go into your characters inventory and use those items to get some health back.

Also the game has a self regenerating health system. When your near death and see your health bar in the red take cover somewhere by hitting the R1 button and wait a few seconds to regenerate some of your health.
post #565 of 584 Old 10-14-2013, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #566 of 584 Old 10-15-2013, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Single player is getting buggier ever since online launched and they started patching the game. Every time I go to the Children of the Mountain website now it crashes my cellphone so I can't do anything with that. And I just tried the first Epsilon mission and it screwed up my game completely. The mission complete screen came up but every single icon on the map was gone, save options were disabled, and character switching was off. Seems like there are certain text messages I should be getting that don't show up now too.
post #567 of 584 Old 10-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

I got the Brady Games Guide book, it has a map that shows you where EVERYTHING is (in addition to mission walkthrus, vehicle info, etc). Unfortunately due to the size of the world the detail level of the printed map isn't that great, they should have made it fold out or split up on several pages. Anyway using the map I've got a few spots memorized where I can grab some armor before a mission. I do miss getting a quick health boost by pulling into any Burger Shot, the vending machines with sodas are neither obvious or numerous.

My equipment list is here. Playstation Network ID = jmii ...that's JM roman numeral 2
post #568 of 584 Old 10-16-2013, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMII View Post

I got the Brady Games Guide book, it has a map that shows you where EVERYTHING is (in addition to mission walkthrus, vehicle info, etc). Unfortunately due to the size of the world the detail level of the printed map isn't that great, they should have made it fold out or split up on several pages. Anyway using the map I've got a few spots memorized where I can grab some armor before a mission. I do miss getting a quick health boost by pulling into any Burger Shot, the vending machines with sodas are neither obvious or numerous.
Mind sharing a pic of that map for us? 😎
post #569 of 584 Old 10-18-2013, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Yay, the 1.04 patch which is supposed to fix most to all of the issues has been released. Now, a month after it's release I'm going to finally start playing the game. tongue.gif

By the way, I have another online question. I see that for $500 you can commit suicide. Exactly what is the point in that? confused.gif
post #570 of 584 Old 10-18-2013, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I saw that and have no clue. I guess its for when you fall down a mountain and get stuck or something or are too lazy to get back you can warp to the hospital for 500 bucks
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Grand Theft Auto V , Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page