post #571 of 584 Old 10-18-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller View Post

I saw that and have no clue. I guess its for when you fall down a mountain and get stuck or something or are too lazy to get back you can warp to the hospital for 500 bucks

Is that cheaper than just sitting on a grenade?

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 584 Old 10-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

Mind sharing a pic of that map for us?

No, its copyrighted material... however the Google can help you.

Or just go buy the guide book, it only like $25 and has some helpful info. I grabbed mine at Best Buy when I picked up the game. I like having a reference book sitting next to me while playing. There has been a few mission where the tips have save me some serious headaches. If your someone who wants 100% completion then the book is a must have, it has all the stunt jumps and hidden items (spaceship parts, submarine parts, letters).

My equipment list is here. Playstation Network ID = jmii ...that's JM roman numeral 2
post #573 of 584 Old 10-20-2013, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Alright, I'm really starting to feel like an old timer who has never played a video game in his life and has zero reflexes.

I'm referring to shooting while in a moving vehicle. I cannot for the life of me target anyone as it is moving way too fast. How the hell are you supposed to get the sights on someone or something when both your vehicle and theirs are swerving uncontrollably through traffic? I don't recall the previous games being this hard in this instance and I don't know if I'm missing something or if I just suck this bad. frown.gif
post #574 of 584 Old 10-20-2013, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 41
It is kinda hard, I just wait to be steady and on my 9 o'clock and start shooting.
post #575 of 584 Old 10-20-2013, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Sticky bombs are your friend. I hardly ever use anything else in a car to car duel . Get close, throw sticky,hit breaks, detonate

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #576 of 584 Old 10-20-2013, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Finished the storyline the other day at ~80%. What a great game! Thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of it. Really liked having three characters to bounce between, the weapons are cool, some great cars, nudity, great graphics, with a well done story and a great big detailed map to get lost in. Definitely playing the story again and make some different choices with heists, etc..
Is it time to try online or is it still not acting right?
post #577 of 584 Old 10-21-2013, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMII View Post

No, its copyrighted material... however the Google can help you.

Or just go buy the guide book, it only like $25 and has some helpful info. I grabbed mine at Best Buy when I picked up the game. I like having a reference book sitting next to me while playing. There has been a few mission where the tips have save me some serious headaches. If your someone who wants 100% completion then the book is a must have, it has all the stunt jumps and hidden items (spaceship parts, submarine parts, letters).

I love guidebooks, I have a big collection of them for all my "big" games. The Skyrim one and this one are my favorites. And yeah, I'm going for 100% so it's invaluable.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #578 of 584 Old 10-24-2013, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Just now finished it, about 89% complete overall. One of the funniest and most fun games I've ever played.

Good points:
  • All the obvious stuff. Terrific characters and voice acting. Very good graphics for a PS3 game and amazing for one of the biggest and most detailed open worlds ever. Great soundtrack, both original and licensed music.
  • Character switching. It wasn't just a gimmick and it really added some new life into the GTA formula.
  • Wanted level system. Adding a field of view for the cops was a huge improvement and leads to more fun and interesting chases.
  • Mission checkpoints are everywhere. I can't think of many times I had to replay a large section of a mission, and I died a lot. smile.gif
  • Lazlow. He plays a bigger part in GTA V than any previous game and contributes to some of the funniest moments.
  • Scooter brothers!!!

Bad points:
  • Bugs. A couple of side quests had some serious issues for me, one of them I can't even complete now I think, and a handful of minor issues. Not a lot for such a massive game but a little surprising coming from Rockstar.
  • Losing your cars. After making so many GTA games why have they not figured this out yet? The impound lot was a nice attempt but is unreliable. Just let us "lock" our favorite car so it shows up on the map and won't disappear while out on a mission.
  • Instant wanted level. There seem to be some areas where you get a wanted level just for entering even if nobody spots you.
  • Minor inconsistencies. Why can I get health from soda machines but not bottled water machines, snack machines, food carts, food trucks, or restaurants?

The ending was good but not amazing. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Where was the scene from the trailer with the jet flying over the bridge blowing up cars? Maybe one the heist options I didn't choose. I kept expecting some epic showdown at the military base. Maybe it'll get used in the DLC.
post #579 of 584 Old 10-25-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

A couple more online questions.

First, when do you get access to garages? I want a place to store vehicles, but noting is open as far as I know.

Second, is there a way to change your default car? I made the mistake of taking some crappy compact car to the Customs place so I could put insurance on it, not even thinking that would then make it my personal vehicle. I would have much rather taken a super fast sports car to start had I know I was going to be linked with this car. Now everytime I try to take one of these cars to a Customs garage, it tells me it's either hot or too high end to enter.
post #580 of 584 Old 10-25-2013, 08:55 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

First, when do you get access to garages? I want a place to store vehicles, but noting is open as far as I know.

Second, is there a way to change your default car? I made the mistake of taking some crappy compact car to the Customs place so I could put insurance on it, not even thinking that would then make it my personal vehicle. I would have much rather taken a super fast sports car to start had I know I was going to be linked with this car. Now everytime I try to take one of these cars to a Customs garage, it tells me it's either hot or too high end to enter.

You have to buy garages. Not sure how early they let you do that, but you can go on the in-game browser and look at the real estate available. As for myself, I am saving up for a 10 car garage and apartment. You are only allowed to own one property at a time, and when you buy a new one your old apartment/garage is sold at half price.

As for your default car, I made the exact same mistake as you did. Once I had earned enough money, I found (stole) a better car and took it to Los Santos Customs and paid for the tracker and the insurance to make it mine (LSC will not take Super Cars, but you do get a free car that you can 'purchase' if you have signed up for Rockstar Social Club once you have a garage). Until you earn the money, you are stuck with what you got. You can always jack a car online, but it often comes at the price of a police star. Thankfully when you do racing online you are not limited to your personal car.

Edit to add: List of Apartments: http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1154289/GTA_Online_Apartments___Garages_for_sale.png
post #581 of 584 Old 10-25-2013, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

If you take your car into one of the customs garages there's an option to sell it. Then you should be able to steal something else and put the tracker and insurance on it.
post #582 of 584 Old 10-29-2013, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
When asked about the potential of Grand Theft Auto V’s multiplayer component, Grand Theft Auto Online, coming to next-gen consoles, Zelnick and Take-Two president Karl Slatoff dismissed the need for a new version, with Slatoff simply saying, “we haven't discussed any plans for GTA, at all, in relating to next-generation. So nothing to say there.” Zelnick added, “it's not as though consumers say ‘the next-gen is coming, so I have to buy this title and then I'm never going to buy it again.’ It's not how they operate.”

Source:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/take-two-discusses-gta-onlines-future

Like I've been saying all a long.GTA V PC version will eventually come out.

PS4 & Xbox One versions won't.

Really hope R* decides to bring over GTA Online over to PSN for PS4 while transferring our current character info and stats over.It shouldn't be hard to do since they keep all of our info on their internal cloud servers.
post #583 of 584 Old 11-07-2013, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone know when this Beach Bum DLC will be released?

I honestly expected it this week with the new 1.05 patch, but unfortunately it didn't happen.
post #584 of 584 Old 11-08-2013, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I was expecting it with the patch as well. Now that they have rolled out the cash drop I'm expecting the DLC by the end of the month. In the meantime I'm keeping busy in the online game:

Now that it's running properly this is an excellent time waster. Haven't laughed this much at a game in a long time. Bring on the free extras!

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Grand Theft Auto V , Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page