The Last Of Us - an exclusive apocalypse survival game, now remastered for the PS4 - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 895 Old 06-19-2013, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopaddiction View Post

Some of the guns (the Shorty, for instance) create such a visceral and startling gunshot that can cause you to clinch. .

Or cause other family members in various rooms in your house to come running in asking WTF is going on..........hehe as I discovered this weekend as i was playing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 895 Old 06-19-2013, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
So EA did away with online passes, but Sony, the company that only cares about gamers didn't?

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #363 of 895 Old 06-19-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

I'm at 67% complete, just got to the college. 13 hours played. I am anal about searching every nook and cranny. Probably be a 20+ hour completion for me.

First time ever a game has actually brought a few tears to me eyes, happened last night. The cutscenes are so well made and Ellie is so damn likeable.

You'll really enjoy the ending then. It really brings the series back to the beginning (in a way).
post #364 of 895 Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark69 View Post

I was 21% complete at 2 hours or so when I checked before playing last night. I finally got past that stupid clicker warehouse. I found a note with the safe combo for the bookstore but didn't' find the bookstore frown.gif I hope it comes later in the game because I don't want to have to go back and restart that encounter.

The bookstore was on the opposite side of the clicker warehouse, a runner was "sleeping" in front of it. For future reference, If you find a safe, then the note containing the combo will be in the same house/area.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #365 of 895 Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Damn. I can't believe I was that dumb. I knew it in the back of my mind. Felt like I looked everywhere for the bookstore. I found the note in a convenience store I think in that warehouse. Is it worth going back to that chapter? I think I am about 1 hour past that point at least. Im downtown thats for sure.

Gamertag: Quicksilver1663
PSN: ujustshaturpants
post #366 of 895 Old 06-19-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark69 View Post

Damn. I can't believe I was that dumb. I knew it in the back of my mind. Felt like I looked everywhere for the bookstore. I found the note in a convenience store I think in that warehouse. Is it worth going back to that chapter? I think I am about 1 hour past that point at least. Im downtown thats for sure.

M'eh, I think that safe maybe had 50 repair pieces and some ammo..... not sure if that's worth replaying 1 hour of the game

post #367 of 895 Old 06-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Yeah hard to say. I reached the workbench and didn't have enough parts to make a holster....can't remember if that is before or after that warehouse.

Gamertag: Quicksilver1663
PSN: ujustshaturpants
post #368 of 895 Old 06-20-2013, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

You're just about to hit the final act then. Without going into detail, set aside a few hours if you can, because it might be exceptionally difficult to put your controller down past this point. There's really only one natural break point in the final act, you'll know it when you get to it. If you don't have another 2ish hours to play when you get to that point, I'd say set it aside....the final chapter really should be played in a solid block.

A few hours??? More like 6-8 hours......Got through the College (took another 1-2 hours), then did winter (another 2-3 hours). Now it's on to Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Salt Lake City, currently in the car tunnel with all the bloaters

This game is immense and EPIC to say the least. My god, truly a work of art.

Did you give MP a try>?

post #369 of 895 Old 06-20-2013, 09:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1380
Quote:

A few hours??? More like 6-8 hours......Got through the College (took another 1-2 hours), then did winter (another 2-3 hours). Now it's on to Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Salt Lake City, currently in the car tunnel with all the bloaters

This game is immense and EPIC to say the least. My god, truly a work of art.

Did you give MP a try>?

I ended up getting past those last few sections rather quickly...wasn't really interested in scavenging or stealth anymore, it no longer felt appropriate.

MP is alright....it plays like a cross between the SP and gears of war. I don't think it has any real staying power.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #370 of 895 Old 06-20-2013, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

I really picked the wrong time to get back into school and go for my degree. I have only been able to give the last of us 2 hours, and doubt I will be able to touch it until this weekend. It will also make me most likely drop one of the consoles this fall instead of getting both at launch, as I don't see myself having a ton of time to game.

post #371 of 895 Old 06-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
I love this game so much. I made the mistake of firing the game up last night at 10:00PM, didn't get off until after 1 and I had to force myself to shut down the console.

This is the first PS3 game i've played and it sure is a good one.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #372 of 895 Old 06-20-2013, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

I love this game so much. I made the mistake of firing the game up last night at 10:00PM, didn't get off until after 1 and I had to force myself to shut down the console.

This is the first PS3 game i've played and it sure is a good one.

Wow, you need to play Uncharted 1,2 as well then (same developers).

I'm not far yet, got stuck early at some subway or something (not much further than the demo level). Damn clickers can't be choked out and my resources suck.
post #373 of 895 Old 06-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

Wow, you need to play Uncharted 1,2 as well then (same developers).

I'm not far yet, got stuck early at some subway or something (not much further than the demo level). Damn clickers can't be choked out and my resources suck.

That's the spot where I got stuck initially. Got through that and ever since I haven't had much trouble finding resources.

I've got uncharted 1+2 coming from amazon and I hope to knock those out after this. I've heard nothing but good things.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #374 of 895 Old 06-20-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Beat the game last night and am still thinking about it as a whole. What an amazing experience! As much as I enjoyed Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us gets my vote for game of the year.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #375 of 895 Old 06-20-2013, 11:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post

Beat the game last night and am still thinking about it as a whole. What an amazing experience! As much as I enjoyed Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us gets my vote for game of the year.

Yeah, bioshock infinite looks like a game for children after playing TLOU. Naughty dog had the bravery to make a game for actual adults.

post #376 of 895 Old 06-20-2013, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

That's the spot where I got stuck initially. Got through that and ever since I haven't had much trouble finding resources.

I've got uncharted 1+2 coming from amazon and I hope to knock those out after this. I've heard nothing but good things.

Nice! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Ok, I'll stick with it. Was hoping to make it through hard on the first play through. Trying to not use the Listen function as well.
post #377 of 895 Old 06-20-2013, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

It's beyond stupid how long this game takes to load when you start it up.

post #378 of 895 Old 06-20-2013, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

LOL, I thought the same thing. But it is awesome how quickly (virtually instantaneous) the game reloads "encounters". I would much rather wait 5 minutes on startup, then be forced to wait 10-20 seconds if I need to restart an encounter. SpecOps the Line was terrible at reloading encounters, it would take 15-30 seconds to reload sometimes. That adds up if you're as terrible as I am biggrin.gif.

post #379 of 895 Old 06-20-2013, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

Not really that bad considering there are no load screens within the game. I'd prefer a lengthier load in the beginning if it meant I could just keep playing the game. It does make me wonder what the load times would be if you bought it from PSN and ran it directly off the hard drive. I would wager it'd be a bit snappier. At least there was no 1GB patch to download before playing (I'm looking at you, Heavy Rain).

I also enjoyed the checkpoint system in the game. I died a few times and was surprised how close it started me, but more surprised that it was nearly instantaneous.

post #380 of 895 Old 06-21-2013, 09:33 AM

Liked: 11
Looking for some help. Will try not to spoil. In the sewer and just put the young ones through the high window above the door of what looks like a kitchen. Then the infected come. Am I suppose to fight them off like a horde or run? Can't seem to get past the horde.

Xbox live: Mighty GLI
PS3: Mighty-Gli
post #381 of 895 Old 06-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Litigator View Post

Looking for some help. Will try not to spoil. In the sewer and just put the young ones through the high window above the door of what looks like a kitchen. Then the infected come. Am I suppose to fight them off like a horde or run? Can't seem to get past the horde.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You have to fight them off for a while then you run when the little ones open the door. I just played through this last night. Molotovs are your friend.
Boston Litigator likes this.

The Weekend Warriors
post #382 of 895 Old 06-21-2013, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Litigator View Post

Agreed with what CripplDogg said, I used about 3-4 molotovs. I also went up to where you could see the infected jumping onto the walking area outside the room you are guarding and started blasting them from there, giving me an option to retreat if I got overwhelmed.

post #383 of 895 Old 06-21-2013, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Yeah, it seems so. When you turn the DR up to maximum, it's basically blu-ray quality, just turn it up to reference level....voices will sound just right, and gunshots will wake the neighbors up.

This seems to be the opposite with me. When I set dynamic range to maximum, things get quieter or compressed, but when i set to default, everythings sounds right. Doesn't dynamic range compress the audio so that it doesn't get too loud or too quiet, kind of like a midnight setting in receivers?
post #384 of 895 Old 06-21-2013, 03:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post

This seems to be the opposite with me. When I set dynamic range to maximum, things get quieter or compressed, but when i set to default, everythings sounds right. Doesn't dynamic range compress the audio so that it doesn't get too loud or too quiet, kind of like a midnight setting in receivers?

Things will appear quieter at first, because it reduces the volume of most sounds to give the louder sounds (like gunshots) more headroom.

post #385 of 895 Old 06-21-2013, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post

You're thinking of dynamic range compression, which is somewhat different than what is in the audio menu of The Last of Us. When you set it to Maximum, quiet things will be quite and loud things will be loud. If you set it to Narrow or Midnight, there will be hardly any difference in volume level between the two.

Like bd2003 mentioned earlier, I set mine on LPCM 7.1, center to Large (let the AVR work it's crossover magic) and then Dynamic Range to Maximum then set the volume to what I normally listen to Blurays at. I was never disappointed in the audio, and I never experienced any distortion at all.

post #386 of 895 Old 06-21-2013, 08:15 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Agreed with what CripplDogg said, I used about 3-4 molotovs. I also went up to where you could see the infected jumping onto the walking area outside the room you are guarding and started blasting them from there, giving me an option to retreat if I got overwhelmed.

Xbox live: Mighty GLI
PS3: Mighty-Gli
post #387 of 895 Old 06-22-2013, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Had to laugh last night.
I ran into the gym of the high school and saw the I don't know what it's called and said out loud "What the **** is that!?" Only to hear Ellie say the same exact thing. They have done such a great job with the characters in this game!

Salminella Now Better with Kinect: 360 PSN

Official member and mascot of the AVS' Xbox 360 Elite Club of Awesomeness
post #388 of 895 Old 06-22-2013, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

Had to laugh last night.
I ran into the gym of the high school and saw the I don't know what it's called and said out loud "What the **** is that!?" Only to hear Ellie say the same exact thing. They have done such a great job with the characters in this game!

Yeah.

I threw a bottle to lure some runners into a heap and the molotov'd the the trio and as they burned Ellie said "DAMN JOEL" and couldn't help but laugh out loud.
post #389 of 895 Old 06-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
I will definitely buy this game if sony releases the demo on psn for free. ...
post #390 of 895 Old 06-22-2013, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kascnef82 View Post

I will definitely buy this game if sony releases the demo on psn for free. ...

Um, what? confused.gif

This must be one of the excuses Sony fanboys use to not purchase the exclusives that they love to bash over the heads of Xbox fanboys.

500 gigs FTW.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Last Of Us Ps3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page