The Last Of Us - an exclusive apocalypse survival game, now remastered for the PS4 - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 895 Old 07-27-2013, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Damn it! I have to agree. This game is ruinning me to play other games.
Just started another freebie from the psn plus, deux Ex and it just feels dull.
darthrsg likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 895 Old 07-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
me too. i finished it twice. its like watching a great movie. you know part two of that movie is coming out eventually so all you have to do is wait now. im not really playing anything else. tongue.gif
post #633 of 895 Old 07-28-2013, 05:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Quick question. I remember in the E3 video there was a part where Joel knocked a hunter down, and he begged for his life before taking a shotgun round to the head at close range.

Is that possible in the final game, or have executions been only regulated to MP? I know you can grab human enemies and use them as cover, as well as using your sidearm on them while holding them. Just wondering about the totally brutal shotgun kill we saw.

I've dont think it was a special execution mode, I think he just aimed the shotgun at his face and pulled the trigger the old fashioned way.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #634 of 895 Old 07-28-2013, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I've dont think it was a special execution mode, I think he just aimed the shotgun at his face and pulled the trigger the old fashioned way.

I've replicated it few times. The shotgun at close range is my fav weapon (fully upgraded).
post #635 of 895 Old 07-28-2013, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 697
Slightly OT but while playing Tomb Raider I found myself wanting Lara to have Joel's spidey sense and Joel needing some of Lara's weapons. The raw survival aspect of TR was nice after TLOU. They did a damn fine job on that game too.
post #636 of 895 Old 07-28-2013, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Hmm. Thought so as well, but I never had a time where I knocked someone down alive and had them begging if I aimed at them.

They'd always go down to their knees and get right back up if the you didn't triangle prompt them in time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Slightly OT but while playing Tomb Raider I found myself wanting Lara to have Joel's spidey sense and Joel needing some of Lara's weapons. The raw survival aspect of TR was nice after TLOU. They did a damn fine job on that game too.

Yup, GOTY #1 and #2 IMO. The combat and AI in TR was top notch, and I do have to say I liked the bow mechanic quite a bit better in TR. They tightened it up in MP for TLOU, but something about TR made it feel much more natural to use.
post #637 of 895 Old 07-28-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Shoot them in the legs. smile.gif

post #638 of 895 Old 07-28-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Yeah, I'm playing through it now, really enjoying it....but it still seems kind of childish after TLOU.

post #639 of 895 Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 697
Quote:

Yup, GOTY #1 and #2 IMO. The combat and AI in TR was top notch, and I do have to say I liked the bow mechanic quite a bit better in TR.

Agree.
post #640 of 895 Old 07-30-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
The Last of Us American Dreams is getting a reprint this November in an all in one collection. All four volumes in one package, great for those of us who missed the first printing and want to know more of Ellie's back story.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #641 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

I was just watching the credits for my NG+ run and noticed something that caught my eye. Nolan North (Drake's VA) voiced David, I would have never figured that out just by listening to him. Glad Naughty Dog gave him a role that allowed him to show some of his vocal range.

Same goes for Troy Baker, he did a great job as Joel and it was a role well outside of his usual voices.

Time to start a survivor run...
freemeat likes this.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #642 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah David was great. Nolan was great.
post #643 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

I decided to do a guide assisted collection run on easy just to get it out of the way. This way I can ignore looting in survivor during tricky encounters and focus on stealth.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #644 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 526
I still remember playing through Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I probably obtaining 75% at minimum of all the relics. It was easy to look for as at the time it was easily the best looking console game available. Still holds up incredibly well. I feel like they did placement better on that as well.

For cheats on TLOU, they don't have anything like unlimited ammo, all guns, stuff like that, correct? I think I only noticed three cheats.
post #645 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

I decided to do a guide assisted collection run on easy just to get it out of the way. This way I can ignore looting in survivor during tricky encounters and focus on stealth.

That's exactly what I'm doing. There were actually a couple of training manuals I missed, 2 of which add another use out of shivs and modded melee weapons.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #646 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I just started New Game+, and am using a guide to help me find the collectibles I missed. I found all the manuals, but to my surprise I missed some shiv doors.
post #647 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post

That's exactly what I'm doing. There were actually a couple of training manuals I missed, 2 of which add another use out of shivs and modded melee weapons.

I still have 30 items to find, I missed the first set of jokes, I missed a few manuals, several comics, I thought I was really thorough on my second run, but I still missed quite a bit.

I really wish that there was a way to bring all your guns with you in a NG++ just for the fun of it. Having an AR through the entire game would have been really fun.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #648 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 01:21 PM

If it one thing I learned from World War Z and How to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse, it’s that an AR is nothing but a zombie blue light special.

I wish they snuck a Lobo in there. Ot at least a Starlight lightsaber ala SH3 as a 100% item.

(thought that AR sucked anyways. I was still going with the trust hunting rifle / flamethrower combo)
post #649 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

For cheats on TLOU, they don't have anything like unlimited ammo, all guns, stuff like that, correct? I think I only noticed three cheats.

I don't think there's any cheats, just rendering filters.
post #650 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If it one thing I learned from World War Z and How to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse, it’s that an AR is nothing but a zombie blue light special.

I wish they snuck a Lobo in there. Ot at least a Starlight lightsaber ala SH3 as a 100% item.

(thought that AR sucked anyways. I was still going with the trust hunting rifle / flamethrower combo)

I used it as a semi auto headshot gun, works great against unarmored foes and holds a lot of ammo. The flamethrower is overpowered, one touch and even the most armored of foes will drop. The final area is the best area to use it, with all the heavy armor guys. Easily one of the easiest encounters in the game once you know what to do.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #651 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't think there's any cheats, just rendering filters.

Yeah, didn't think so.

During the game I pretty much always made sure I had flamethrower, once available, saved for clickers (simply because I hate fighting them) and sometimes bloaters.
post #652 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I fear alert runners more than anything, harder to hide from them since they can still see. Also a nightmare before you get a shotgun...

Stalkers also suck to fight, but they are rare fights and have easy ways to deal with them in most cases.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #653 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post

I just started New Game+, and am using a guide to help me find the collectibles I missed. I found all the manuals, but to my surprise I missed some shiv doors.

There is one well hidden. I only found it on my third play. The only one I missed,I passed by but I never thought it was a door that could be opened.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
When Joel, goes after Ellie in the gas station, in the snow,...in the back of the motel, there is a door that requires a shiv.
post #654 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I fear alert runners more than anything, harder to hide from them since they can still see. Also a nightmare before you get a shotgun...

Stalkers also suck to fight, but they are rare fights and have easy ways to deal with them in most cases.

I don't actually mind that. It's just the fact of what it takes to kill a clicker that makes them not fun for me. All too frequent it ends up just being a shiv kill or I die. Bow and arrow killing is also fun them as well but again not acquired until later.
post #655 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post

There is one well hidden. I only found it on my third play. The only one I missed,I passed by but I never thought it was a door that could be opened.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
When Joel, goes after Ellie in the gas station, in the snow,...in the back of the motel, there is a door that requires a shiv.

That was my last door as well, found it on my second playthrough and got the Master of Unlocking trophy.

It would be nice if Ellie commented more on the comics as you found them... Thanks to all of the great dialog I don't think I will ever attempt a speed run of the game.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #656 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That was my last door as well, found it on my second playthrough and got the Master of Unlocking trophy.

It would be nice if Ellie commented more on the comics as you found them... Thanks to all of the great dialog I don't think I will ever attempt a speed run of the game.

Cool,

Almost forgot, you have to check all Ellie's item in her backpack as soon as you get control of her. Only when you check them they count as collectibles.
post #657 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 02:17 PM

Liked: 21
The PewDiePie play through of TLOU on Youtube was pretty entertaining. Some NSFW language in the video but its interesting watching someone else's reaction to the game. I'm not going to link it due to the language but a simple search will get you there.
post #658 of 895 Old 08-02-2013, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post

Cool,

Almost forgot, you have to check all Ellie's item in her backpack as soon as you get control of her. Only when you check them they count as collectibles.

I would have never have guessed to check that.
post #659 of 895 Old 08-05-2013, 07:49 AM

So, while I still like the idea of TLOU multiplayer, in practice I’m learning to hate it. My lag issues are the main culprit, even though I really haven’t figured out where in the line they’re coming from yet. This is the first game where I can get shot a full 2 seconds after running behind cover. I’ve even gone down before hearing the gunshot or weapons fire that brought me down.

Naughty Dogs “matchmaking” is also pretty damn bad. I read that U2/U3 matchmaking was also notorious, but I never really got into those MP games. Here it’ll seems to just pull whoever is looking for a game into a lobby, and try to balance the team with an equal number of high / low people. Still, there’s something wrong when me, a lowly 12, is playing against some super nerd that’s managed to get to level 132 in only a few months. Likewise, putting 0-2 level people on my team, or the other. It also doesn’t seem to be region locked in any way, throwing the entire world into their terrible P2P netcode. You also need to be sure pick “no partys”, otherwise you’ll find yourself and 3 level 0’s running up against a troop of level 90’s vets.

For the awesome SP experience, it’s pretty apparent ND needs to step up more for MP if they’re going to bother offering it in the first place. In the rare game where we’re matched even, and I’m not having latency issues; it really is some great, methodical, tense tactical gameplay. Problem is the matchmaking and latency issues ruin it.
post #660 of 895 Old 08-05-2013, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So, while I still like the idea of TLOU multiplayer, in practice I’m learning to hate it. My lag issues are the main culprit, even though I really haven’t figured out where in the line they’re coming from yet. This is the first game where I can get shot a full 2 seconds after running behind cover. I’ve even gone down before hearing the gunshot or weapons fire that brought me down.

Naughty Dogs “matchmaking” is also pretty damn bad. I read that U2/U3 matchmaking was also notorious, but I never really got into those MP games. Here it’ll seems to just pull whoever is looking for a game into a lobby, and try to balance the team with an equal number of high / low people. Still, there’s something wrong when me, a lowly 12, is playing against some super nerd that’s managed to get to level 132 in only a few months. Likewise, putting 0-2 level people on my team, or the other. It also doesn’t seem to be region locked in any way, throwing the entire world into their terrible P2P netcode. You also need to be sure pick “no partys”, otherwise you’ll find yourself and 3 level 0’s running up against a troop of level 90’s vets.

For the awesome SP experience, it’s pretty apparent ND needs to step up more for MP if they’re going to bother offering it in the first place. In the rare game where we’re matched even, and I’m not having latency issues; it really is some great, methodical, tense tactical gameplay. Problem is the matchmaking and latency issues ruin it.

MP is great if you are in a good team. Working together as a team, moving all together. If everyone goes seperate ways, your doomed.
I use the R2 a lot to know where the enemies are.
Using silenced weapon is a waste of loadout imo.
I play using the the Crafter (75% faster), melee (moded weapons give u an extra hit, 2 instant kill), reviver and the perk where your explosion blast ratio is wider. Can't remember the exact names.
try it out and see if you like it.
You'll notice that every game, everyone runs to the toolbox, then the next before any attempt on killing to craft weapons. Unless you all run to the same toolbox lol.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Last Of Us Ps3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page