The Last Of Us - an exclusive apocalypse survival game, now remastered for the PS4 - Page 30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #871 of 895 Old 04-09-2014, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 528
The fact that Naughty Dog is doing the remaster makes me feel like it will be a damn good job. I can't wait to see what they put out.

Very curious about what changes in gameplay are made as well. There were somethings in the early reveals that weren't in the final game. They could add a lot more dialogue and situations when you hold somebody hostage. Add in female enemies as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 895 Old 04-09-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

I wonder... was TLoU made with PS4 quality assets that were downgraded for the PS3, or did they upgrade PS3 assets for the remaster?

Most games are made with higher quality assets and then scaled down, but I bet in this case they were thinking about the ps4 version the entire time. How good it ends up looking is going to depend on how much work they put into it....most remakes are pretty quick and dirty.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #873 of 895 Old 04-09-2014, 01:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

source: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/04/09/the-last-of-us-ps4-development-started-pretty-much-after-the-ps3-version-wrapped/

So basically since 2013 they've been at this...this had better be running on a new engine after nearly a year additional dev.

They stated a while ago they were upgrading their engine for next gen, not starting fresh.

In other words, it'll be running on a new engine.

post #874 of 895 Old 04-09-2014, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I don't think people know what the term "engine" is and just throw it around. New engines don't lead to better graphics. Engines can evolve from one gen to another.

Now playing: TLoU PS4
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs, Southpark: Stick of Truth, Infamous: SS
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #875 of 895 Old 04-09-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

https://twitter.com/neil_druckmann/status/453956735376424960

@Neil_Druckmann: For those asking, @Naughty_Dog is developing The Last of Us Remastered and we're targeting 60fps. More info to come. #PS4

Nice.

post #876 of 895 Old 04-09-2014, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
So anybody have any tips for multiplayer? I get my butt handed to myself readily on it. Seems there is some leveling involved that I may be way behind the curve on, or does that not matter, it's all about what you collect and craft in the match or points you spent for cool gear?

Warning: I make a lot of mistakes but occasionally I learn from them!
post #877 of 895 Old 04-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mnemonic View Post

it's all about what you collect and craft in the match or points you spent for cool gear?
Some of both. Certain gear and perks help a lot. It really comes down to how you're most comfortable playing.

I found myself most comfortable in a sniper/support role, so I went for higher-level spotting perks so I could tag enemies from high ground and let the shotgun & rifle guys on my team know exactly where the enemies are after I spot them. While that didn't do much to boost my own K/D ratio, it made it much easier for my teammates to kill others and win the match, and I'd still get my fair share of headshots.

If you like to smoke bomb and shiv, you can work toward perks that let you start each match with a shiv already on hand, and I think you can boost the range of your smoke bombs too.

I'd say experiment with different playstyles to see what works for you, then cater your loadout to that style. In the early going I think you can get better weapons by using a prepared loadout, but past a certain point you'll be able to customize with better gear.

- Jer
post #878 of 895 Old 04-10-2014, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Pretty big SPOILER in the video so I recommend skipping if you haven't played the game. For me it takes the excitement down a little. Of course it is youtube and I'll need to see more. To me it seems like the same asset quality as the PS3 version just at a higher resolution, changed up foliage some and they changed some of the geometry to smooth at the edge. This is only tiny sample and of course youtube doesn't really do justice to visuals.

Screen comparison somebody made:
PVxONzk.jpg
post #879 of 895 Old 04-10-2014, 09:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

It's almost impossible to be sure cause the source is a heavily compressed YouTube video, but it looks like they went as far as to round out the beveled edge of the stone, plus add some more foliage. Ellie's hair also looks like it has more strands. That's major attention to detail...just based on that alone it's probably going to be the most heavily upgraded next gen remaster to date.
Spanglo likes this.

post #880 of 895 Old 04-10-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

It's almost impossible to be sure cause the source is a heavily compressed YouTube video, but it looks like they went as far as to round out the beveled edge of the stone, plus add some more foliage. That's major attention to detail...just based on that alone it's probably going to be the most heavily upgraded next gen remaster to date.

Yeah the changed geometry (increased polygons on the environment) was not expected by me at least. I think they could have made a better choice for their reveal but this could be a tiny teaser and more of a chance to talk about the 5,000 awards they received for a couple of minutes wink.gif
post #881 of 895 Old 04-10-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 169
I really need to see more before judging this, although I'll say trailer isn't doing the remaster any favors.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #882 of 895 Old 04-10-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 171
I think an official gameplay video will help. Obviously the announcement trailer appears to be "scripted" and not gameplay. From what i am seeing in those screens the PS3 version seems to have the better character models, though the fabric on the shirts might just be more realistic in the remaster. I still will buy this as it will eliminate one more reason to hang on to my PS3!

Edit: Ok, Ellie's hair might seem a bit more realistic from that screen cap...

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #883 of 895 Old 04-10-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 237
I'm coming from a 360 so, I don't care if they didn't upgrade a thing, I just want to play the game.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #884 of 895 Old 04-15-2014, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 188
GameSpot is reporting that stores are advertising a June 20 release:
Quote:
Target, GameFly, and Best Buy are all listing the game as coming out June 20, 2014. However, Amazon lists the game's release date as December 31, 2014.

The June date may be a placeholder or just a guess from someone entering in release dates for the game, but it's interesting that it matches across three major retailers. We've reached out to the stores and Sony for confirmation, and we'll update this story when we have more details.

The date is notable both for falling on a Friday and coming the week after this year's E3.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #885 of 895 Old 04-15-2014, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Releasing in a little over two months and a year after the PS3 version. I'm OK with that, I just hope they don't burn a lot of time on it at E3.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #886 of 895 Old 04-15-2014, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Releasing in a little over two months and a year after the PS3 version. I'm OK with that, I just hope they don't burn a lot of time on it at E3.

I could see them spending a reasonable time with it. There are a lot of Xbox 360 owners that made the jump to PS4 this generation and this will be a great game for them and anybody else that hasn't experienced. I can definitely sell some consoles for those who still haven't made the transition to this generation as well. The PS4 version of Tomb Raider is fantastic so I am optimistic Naughty Dog will do a great job as well.
post #887 of 895 Old 04-15-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

You're hopes are higher for E3 than mine I think, I feel MOST the time at E3 is burned with superfluous hey hey.
I'd wager Sony could not even spend $5K on marketing and still sell a million copies. Conversely, I don't think spam marketing the heck out of it will double it to 2 million.
post #888 of 895 Old 04-16-2014, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/16/the-last-of-us-ps4-discount-for-ps3-players-possible-grounded-mode-included-no-co-op-coming/

repost from PS EU blog, Sony is considering a business model to offer PS3 owners a discount on the remaster, nothing finalized yet.

I assume no one posted this, because youre all busy watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs!!!!! biggrin.gif

YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #889 of 895 Old 04-17-2014, 01:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 551
And I just traded in my copy towards the PS4 version...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #890 of 895 Old 04-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/16/the-last-of-us-ps4-discount-for-ps3-players-possible-grounded-mode-included-no-co-op-coming/

repost from PS EU blog, Sony is considering a business model to offer PS3 owners a discount on the remaster, nothing finalized yet.

I assume no one posted this, because youre all busy watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs!!!!! biggrin.gif

Go Avs!

I could definitely go for a June 20th release... I have been wanting to play this since last year, but my PS3 getting flooded ruined that.

PSN = Hatcher14
post #891 of 895 Old 04-17-2014, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I just bought a PS4 to play this. Missing The Last of Us was the only time I regretted selling my PS3 in 2008.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #892 of 895 Old 04-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 80
Quote:

23 straight years making the playoffs...you bet your a$$ I am. Already got tickets in hand biggrin.gif

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #893 of 895 Old 04-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

23 straight years making the playoffs...you bet your a$$ I am. Already got tickets in hand biggrin.gif

I think the Wings switched to the East just in time, they would not of made it in the West... but in saying that, 23 straight years is very impressive, especially with the injuries this season.
slyderulz likes this.

PSN = Hatcher14
post #894 of 895 Old 04-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatcher View Post

I think the Wings switched to the East just in time, they would not of made it in the West... but in saying that, 23 straight years is very impressive, especially with the injuries this season.

Well said! Eastern Conference did help this season. Still a testiment to the farm club (Grand Rapids Griffins) and the coaching staff that they made it when 10 of the top players were replaced with rookies for the majority of the season.

Besides, there's not much else to root for in this town anyway! wink.gif

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #895 of 895 Old 04-17-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatcher View Post

Really hope the league expands this year. Be epic to get a team in Seattle and get to enjoy playoffs like others do!...That said..GO AVS indeed!!!

YouTube Gameplay Videos
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Last Of Us Ps3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page