post #31 of 43 Old 02-27-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

They said when it was released that they wanted H20verdrive to remain an arcade exclusive (Fearing that a console port would make it less attractive to arcade operators and customers, I suppose). Too bad since it looks more like what I expected from a Hydro Thunder sequel than what we actually got. Hopefully a couple of years of arcade exclusivity might see that attitude change soon as they try to find a new way to take advantage of that asset.

Some licensed games thought to be in limbo in years gone by have seen new life in today's digital age. Nobody thought Konami would ever resurrect their arcade X-Men and Simpsons games, for instance. So you never know what might be around the corner (I'm hoping Pinball Arcade gets lots of licensed tables, for instance).

Here is a reply that I got from them today:

Hi Mr. Marshall,

We feel the same way as you - we want our games on the consoles. I would say candidly the biggest reason we haven't really penetrated the console market is because we are too much of a small rough and tumble company to navigate the politics, standards, etc., that is needed to survive as an independent 3rd party developer/publisher, and we don't want to work FOR a publisher, lest our game get turned into Barbie's Magical Pony Ride. (nothing against Barbie, wonderful lady)

So that's probably our biggest issue. In coin-op, we get to have the final say on how the games get developed and finished, and it's a freedom we don't want to surrender. That said, we are still seeking that holy grail.

Take care, have a great day,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 02-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Everything came last night. I set it up in haste at first on the projector just to try it out. Move controller barely had any juice, the eye cam was too low and crooked and set too wide, and calibration was off and constantly changing when I'd move my gun around.. yet 120" of Time Crisis was still awesome

Then I turned off the magnetic sensor in the move controller as per joeblow's suggestion, and set the eye cam up on top of my 50" plasma on narrow. I wanted to see if I could prevent calibration from going askew like it was on the projector, and sure enough, it seemed to stay pretty locked in this time. I think the combination of no magnetic sensor, and eye cam set to the correct field of view helped the aim stay true throughout the game

Tonight I'll set up the cam correctly on the projector and calibrate to the new setup, and I should be good to go! Looking forward to seeing how well I can aim on non-rail shooters where precision matters.
post #33 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Just a little update in case anyone is interested.

Tried Time Crisis on the 120" screen last night with magnetic sensor turned off, and eye cam set up properly. Calibration was good for the most part.. a couple times during play it suddenly got skewed to the right or left, but never moved far enough to detract from game play. Overall, it was pretty locked on, and the experience is better than any arcade by far.
post #34 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Did you hit the circle button when it drifted?
post #35 of 43 Old 03-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

What will that do?

Calibration stays very locked in these days.. haven’t noticed it drift much, if any, the past couple play throughs.

One issue though is 1-1 movement on Time Crisis Razing Storm.. the cursor is accelerated compared to the movement of my controller I.e. aim is dead on when pointed at the center of the screen, but I only have to move controller ~75% towards the edge of the screen for the cursor to reach the edge. So, calibration is progressively off (but consistent) as the gun moves (points) towards the edge of the screen.

I'm going to experiment with firing outside the outer targets during calibration to see if I can get it closer to 1-1, unless there is a setting where I can adjust it.
post #36 of 43 Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I've noticed that in HotD 3 the cursor is calibrated better in the game. For example- in Overkill the cursor is so sensitive I swear it picks up my eye movements! It's accurate but there's no keeping it still. In HotD 3 they smoothed out the smallest inputs and the cursor looks more stable on screen. This helps (me anyway) with aiming and it doesn't sacrifice any speed. Any future light gunners should use HotD 3 HD as a reference on how to set the aim response.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #37 of 43 Old 03-06-2012, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

I've noticed that in HotD 3 the cursor is calibrated better in the game. For example- in Overkill the cursor is so sensitive I swear it picks up my eye movements! It's accurate but there's no keeping it still. In HotD 3 they smoothed out the smallest inputs and the cursor looks more stable on screen. This helps (me anyway) with aiming and it doesn't sacrifice any speed. Any future light gunners should use HotD 3 HD as a reference on how to set the aim response.

Yes, that is what I was saying in a previous post. The calibration for HOTD3 is rock solid. To me it's just like in the arcade and is the best controlled gun game using the Move technology. Whatever was done for HOTD3 they should do for all the Move light gun games. I hope Sega does well with these games as they have a lot of them that could wind up on the PS3. A couple of years back a higher up Sega guy was featured in an article talking about light gun games. He said that Sega has a lot of shooting games that have not been on any home system and that they were looking into that. Hopefully more games will be forthcoming. I like light gun games very much.
post #38 of 43 Old 04-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
So, if I'm going to buy just one of these light gun games. HOTD3, HOTD4, or HOTD:Overkill, which one should I get? Already have Move, and 3D. Definitely interested in the 3D quality aspect of it, but if the game isn't any fun, then the 3D doesn't really matter does it?. All about the same price with Overkill on newegg today for only 10 bones.

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #39 of 43 Old 04-19-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n View Post

So, if I'm going to buy just one of these light gun games. HOTD3, HOTD4, or HOTD:Overkill, which one should I get? Already have Move, and 3D. Definitely interested in the 3D quality aspect of it, but if the game isn't any fun, then the 3D doesn't really matter does it?. All about the same price with Overkill on newegg today for only 10 bones.

For ten bucks a piece, get the HOTD games. They are good. I downloaded HOTD4 last night and it's easier than 3 on normal. They are both fun to play but I always shake my head at the dialogue which I'm sure is a translation from Japanese. I like Overkill except for all the cussing. I can't enjoy the game loud with all the bad language.
post #40 of 43 Old 04-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

For ten bucks a piece, get the HOTD games. They are good. I downloaded HOTD4 last night and it's easier than 3 on normal. They are both fun to play but I always shake my head at the dialogue which I'm sure is a translation from Japanese. I like Overkill except for all the cussing. I can't enjoy the game loud with all the bad language.

Okay, but with them all being the same price. Which one is better?

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #41 of 43 Old 04-20-2012, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Try HOTD3 first.
post #42 of 43 Old 04-23-2012, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 207
HotD 3 is focused on rapid shotgun blasting while HotD 4 is all about the auto spray 'n pray Uzi. Other than that, HotD 4 runs on a more advanced graphical engine but they both play about the same.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #43 of 43 Old 04-23-2012, 12:21 PM

Where did you setup the PSeye with your projector? Just curious because I plan on doing the same.

Mine will be under the screen with the projector shooting from the ceiling. I dont really see any better way of doing this? Will the camera work on top of the screen looking into the projector??
Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page