I opted for a year of PS+ & downloaded the beta last night. I was looking for a good reason to get the PS+ anyway so no big deal there.
On my 1.5 internet connection, it took about 2 hours to download the game, another hour to download the update, and maybe 10-15 minutes to install. So..... by the time I actually was able to check it out it was getting late. I managed about 15 minutes of play time just to get a taste of it. It's my first experience in a beta.
I will definitely need to read up on the link SeldomSeen provided! ^^
- Controls similar to Warhawk.
- Sound and atmospheric sounds are very poor at this stage of development. I absolutely love the Warhawk background battle sounds.
- Not loving the feeling of flying a "mech" rather than a hawk. Where's the hover?
- If Warhawk is said to have a high learning curve, Starhawk will be tougher.
- Looking forward to a great game when it's finished...
I got to put about an hour into the game tonight. I need to take back my first impressions about the sound. Not sure what I was hearing last night, but the game sounded pretty damn good tonight. This is going to be some fun!