Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 136 Old 03-05-2012, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone besides me having trouble dispelling chests? I've watched several youtube videos and I still can't do it. I understand the concept from watching the videos and reading what to do, but I can never activate more then one rune. Maybe I'm missing something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 136 Old 03-05-2012, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 89
You just hit X when the moving thing goes over the correct Rune. You do them in order:

Runes with ONE stripe.

Runes with TWO stripes.

Runes with THREE stripes.

So, do all the ONEs, then the TWOs, then the THREEs.

That's as I understand it.

Remember, too - that every point you put into the Dispelling Skill makes them easier and easier until, at higher levels, you can practically Auto Dispel any Ward you come across.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #123 of 136 Old 03-06-2012, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

You just hit X when the moving thing goes over the correct Rune. You do them in order:

Runes with ONE stripe.

Runes with TWO stripes.

Remember, too - that every point you put into the Dispelling Skill makes them easier and easier until, at higher levels, you can practically Auto Dispel any Ward you come across.

Well, you never got to 100% dispel on any. As long as there's space between them, you can just hit them in any order. The more stripes the faster they disappear but you can often go around all of them and nail it.

Chris Schempp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #124 of 136 Old 03-06-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

Well, you never got to 100% dispel on any. As long as there's space between them, you can just hit them in any order. The more stripes the faster they disappear but you can often go around all of them and nail it.

Good clarification - thanks Chris.

post #125 of 136 Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Also, forcing a lock, while it may be 100%, always loses a lock pick. Didn't notice that until I was down to a single pick

Chris Schempp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #126 of 136 Old 03-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Runes with ONE stripe.

Runes with TWO stripes.

Quote:

Thanks for clearing that up guys. I've just in general been avoiding the dispels, as you always get afflicted with something bad when you screw it up.

Chairman, if that was you that finished the game already, what level were you upon completion?
post #127 of 136 Old 03-06-2012, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpOne View Post

Thanks for clearing that up guys. I've just in general been avoiding the dispels, as you always get afflicted with something bad when you screw it up.

Chairman, if that was you that finished the game already, what level were you upon completion?

I have actually. And 40. Tried to completely clear out every area before moving on.

Chris Schempp

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #128 of 136 Old 03-06-2012, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I'm level 21 right now, just working my way though (playing, I should say). Really like it.

post #129 of 136 Old 03-06-2012, 03:35 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Runes with ONE stripe.

Runes with TWO stripes.

Thanks for the information. I'll give it a try again tonight. Hopefully this time I won't screw up and blow myself up and die like my last attempt.
post #130 of 136 Old 03-06-2012, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Also - Chris clarified that you don't have to do them in that order, BUT the less segments (stripes, runes, etc), the longer they "stay". So it's a good strategy to go in that order, but not totally necessary.

To me, it's not a big deal either way, I usually botch it truth be told. Then I just go to a town and get the Curse removed.

post #131 of 136 Old 03-07-2012, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Also - Chris clarified that you don't have to do them in that order, BUT the less segments (stripes, runes, etc), the longer they "stay". So it's a good strategy to go in that order, but not totally necessary.

To me, it's not a big deal either way, I usually botch it truth be told. Then I just go to a town and get the Curse removed.

Yeah, the only thing you *have* to do is to hit them If you miss, they all start over, if you hit the bad thing, you are insta-cursed.

I just avoided all of them except easy until I'd maxed out dispel. Cheap? Yeah. But I was tired of dying if I didn't pay attention to my health

Chris Schempp

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #132 of 136 Old 03-07-2012, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Yeah, the only thing you *have* to do is to hit them If you miss, they all start over, if you hit the bad thing, you are insta-cursed.

I just avoided all of them except easy until I'd maxed out dispel. Cheap? Yeah. But I was tired of dying if I didn't pay attention to my health

Yeah, the dispelling mini-game is kind of lame. I would usually just save beforehand and use the auto-dispell. If I got cursed or didn't find the contents of the chest worthwhile, I would just reload.

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

post #133 of 136 Old 10-10-2013, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 551
I've been playing this the last couple of days as it came with PS+. So far I am having a great time. I don't get how this game (has good gameplay) gets overlooked and something like Skyrim (has crappy gameplay) sells boatloads.

I think I am a level 6 so not too far into the game though I've managed to make it across a decent portion of the map.

I love that I can re-spec my character (for a price) and try new classes/fighting styles.
post #134 of 136 Old 10-10-2013, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, it didn't get much press, but the press it got was generally quite favorable, if memory serves. I really liked it, I know that.

I definitely disagree with you about Skyrim though. To me, it's an all-time great. Just stunningly beautiful and vast. KoA is not *truly* open world like Skyrim. But it's also not trying to be, I understand that.

My favorite part about KoA? The Junk Pile! Whoa!! Why in the world haven't other companies thought of that before! (or since for that matter!) It's awesome!

post #135 of 136 Old 10-10-2013, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

Yeah, it didn't get much press, but the press it got was generally quite favorable, if memory serves. I really liked it, I know that.

I definitely disagree with you about Skyrim though. To me, it's an all-time great. Just stunningly beautiful and vast. KoA is not *truly* open world like Skyrim. But it's also not trying to be, I understand that.

My favorite part about KoA? The Junk Pile! Whoa!! Why in the world haven't other companies thought of that before! (or since for that matter!) It's awesome!

Yeah, the junk pile is awesome!!! I realized after a few hours I was wasting items discarding them when I could have been selling them.

So far I've been able to wander pretty freely but I understand it is a bit different structure than Skyrim. I'm definitely further out in the wilderness than I should be for my skill level at least but it was easy to get far by running non-stop. I bought Skyrim and gave it a chance, no a long chance I admit. I just don't like the gameplay at all. The world is impressive in scope.
post #136 of 136 Old 10-11-2013, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

Yeah, the junk pile is awesome!!! I realized after a few hours I was wasting items discarding them when I could have been selling them.

So far I've been able to wander pretty freely but I understand it is a bit different structure than Skyrim. I'm definitely further out in the wilderness than I should be for my skill level at least but it was easy to get far by running non-stop. I bought Skyrim and gave it a chance, no a long chance I admit. I just don't like the gameplay at all. The world is impressive in scope.

Yeah, I hear ya. Not everything's for everybody. If we all liked the same thing, there'd only be one game.
freemeat likes this.

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page