Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well the title explains my prob to a certain extent

i own a samsung ua-46d5500
my tv receives the video and audio from the hdmi through ps3
my problem starts when i connect it to my home theatre system
sony dav-dz340k

the problem is ....while my HT supports ARC-in my tv does not have Audio Return Channel .....also...while my tv has Optical out...my HT does not have a Optical in...

my current setup is ps3>>>>>tv(through hdmi)
and then for audio
tv(heapdhone jack)>>>>>>>HT audio-in(3.5mm)

i hope you get what im trying to say...
i can't use HDMI for Surround Sound as my tv does not have ARC support
and i cannot use optical out of my tv as my HT does not have Optical in.
so any way for me enjoy my ps3 in 5.1 surround on my HT?
though various games support Dolby Pro Logic 2 and my HT supports it aswell i dont think the sound is processed in dolby 5 channel surround as i am feeding my HT with an external audio source(through aux-in)...i doubt that in my current setup i am getting 5 channel surround.

i was thinking to buy a hdmi passive y splitter....and connect one end to ps3...and out of the other two...one to my tv (for video) and other to my HT for audio..
will this setup work or any other work around for me to enjoy 5.1?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Haave you tried - PS3 ->dav-dz340k->TV all through HDMI?

PSN: Wrassle
360: Burnt of Wrassl
post #3 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou View Post

Haave you tried - PS3 ->dav-dz340k->TV all through HDMI?

His equipment can't do that based on what I read. It's a HTiB, but the "main system" is one of those dvd-player all in one systems.

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
post #4 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Yeah the problem is you bought a "DVD Home Theatre System" (Sony's term). A HDMI splitter won't help because you don't have an HDMI input on this system to begin with.

Instead of the headphone jack thing you could try connecting the composite yellow-white-red adapter that came with your PS3. Plug the white and red audio cables into the line inputs of your audio system. The website says it has 2. Leave the yellow plug unconnected. Then either set the PS3 to output audio via those jacks or enable Audio Multi Out.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 02:56 PM

Liked: 93
Yes, follow msgohan's advice and hook up your PS3's composite cable's audio directly to the surround unit. That way you are sure that the TV isn't screwing with the audio in any way, as it may be before spitting out to the receiver through the headphone jack. Turn on any possible ProLogic II settings in the PS3's audio setup menu and in game settings menus. Then turn on ProLogic II Movie decoding mode on the receiver. Through the magic of encoding specific channels into phase and duplication tricks, the result will be full 5.1 audio. It is a little muddier than a bitstreamed Dolby Digital 5.1 signal, but it is still full, correct surround and the best you can do in this situation.

The first person that now walks in this thread and says that ProLogic II out of a console is "fake surround" simply proves their utter nub status.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-27-2012, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan View Post

Yeah the problem is you bought a "DVD Home Theatre System" (Sony's term). A HDMI splitter won't help because you don't have an HDMI input on this system to begin with.

Instead of the headphone jack thing you could try connecting the composite yellow-white-red adapter that came with your PS3. Plug the white and red audio cables into the line inputs of your audio system. The website says it has 2. Leave the yellow plug unconnected. Then either set the PS3 to output audio via those jacks or enable Audio Multi Out.

okay that is done....but still...won't i be feeding 2 channel audio to my HT

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Yes, follow msgohan's advice and hook up your PS3's composite cable's audio directly to the surround unit. That way you are sure that the TV isn't screwing with the audio in any way, as it may be before spitting out to the receiver through the headphone jack. Turn on any possible ProLogic II settings in the PS3's audio setup menu and in game settings menus. Then turn on ProLogic II Movie decoding mode on the receiver. Through the magic of encoding specific channels into phase and duplication tricks, the result will be full 5.1 audio. It is a little muddier than a bitstreamed Dolby Digital 5.1 signal, but it is still full, correct surround and the best you can do in this situation.

The first person that now walks in this thread and says that ProLogic II out of a console is "fake surround" simply proves their utter nub status.

My HT has no specific option for Dolby Prologic 2 processing....Its just through dvd playback i guess
post #7 of 7 Old 02-27-2012, 02:23 PM

Liked: 93
If you can't turn on a PL II setting, then is there any setting that will take incoming stereo and convert it to surround? I'd hazard that that setting would be applying PL II by default. As a quick test, just listen to your center channel while playing a PS3 game. If you get sound out of center, then you are running a stereo to surround conversion, likely using PL II. You'd have to read your receiver's manual to find out exactly what it's doing, as I'm not going to do that for you.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page