Major PSN maintenance downtime on March 1, 2012 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 02-29-2012, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
joeblow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 12,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 199
From 8:00 AM until 10 PM Pacific Standard time, the entire Playstation network and related websites will be down for maintenance. No account signing in or online gameplay will be allowed until it is back up.

UPDATE: postponed until further notice.
Quote:


This maintenance period has been postponed. We will re-post when the date is rescheduled. PSN’s online gaming and services on Thursday, March 1, will be normal.


Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

joeblow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 02-29-2012, 06:27 PM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Why?
TyrantII is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
brakel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Why?

"Maintenance" is all the blog says.

PSN brakel

brakel is offline  
post #4 of 14 Old 02-29-2012, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
joeblow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 12,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Postponed:
Quote:


UPDATE: This maintenance period has been postponed. We will re-post when the date is rescheduled. PSN’s online gaming and services on Thursday, March 1, will be normal.


Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

joeblow is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 03-01-2012, 07:40 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Postponed:


****ing beautiful. Nice of them to tell us at 10PM EST.

I'm going for a 30 ranked wins in 30 days trophy so had to wake up early this morning to play a freaking game. And sony pulls this ****.

And again, for what? Whats this doing for us customers? Whys the network need to go down for 12 hours? When are they going to add more value?
TyrantII is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Senior Member
 
tlalotoani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

****ing beautiful. Nice of them to tell us at 10PM EST.

I'm going for a 30 ranked wins in 30 days trophy so had to wake up early this morning to play a freaking game. And sony pulls this ****.

And again, for what? Whats this doing for us customers? Whys the network need to go down for 12 hours? When are they going to add more value?

Take it easy kid, IT´S A GAME!!
tlalotoani is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I was actually thinking about signing up for Netflix on the system today. Does anyone know if PSN outages affect that service as well?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tom Imp is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 03-01-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Chairman7w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,725
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Is this a joke post? Are you being serious?

I mean, about the online service that we all get for free.

The one that's run on computers and networks that needs to be, you know, maintained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

****ing beautiful. Nice of them to tell us at 10PM EST.

I'm going for a 30 ranked wins in 30 days trophy so had to wake up early this morning to play a freaking game. And sony pulls this ****.

And again, for what? Whats this doing for us customers? Whys the network need to go down for 12 hours? When are they going to add more value?


"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

 

 

Chairman7w is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

Is this a joke post? Are you being serious?

I mean, about the online service that we all get for free.

The one that's run on computers and networks that needs to be, you know, maintained.

Not at all.

They announced it yesterday, then canceled it late last night. F them. Same crap communication we always get from Sony. What ever happened to scheduled maintenance? Further, why isn't it being done overnight during non-peak hours?

And if it's going down for 12 hours, surely something is being added?

I'm getting tired of their online BS. Each new game is more of a headache and Sony stands by idle. We haven't had a meaningful PSN features update in over a year.

Maybe I need to go back to SP only. Sonys online environment is severely lacking, and while i've supported them this far, they seem committed to doing nothing. They better have an ace up their sleeve for their next console (mostly their network service).
TyrantII is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 03-01-2012, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zookster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Not at all.

They announced it yesterday, then canceled it late last night. F them. Same crap communication we always get from Sony. What ever happened to scheduled maintenance? Further, why isn't it being done overnight during non-peak hours?

And if it's going down for 12 hours, surely something is being added?

I'm getting tired of their online BS. Each new game is more of a headache and Sony stands by idle. We haven't had a meaningful PSN features update in over a year.

Maybe I need to go back to SP only. Sonys online environment is severely lacking, and while i've supported them this far, they seem committed to doing nothing. They better have an ace up their sleeve for their next console (mostly their network service).

While I don't personally care all that much about the PSN being down for a day, it did strike me as rather lame that a 12-hour outage wouldn't be scheduled from say 12 midnight to 12 noon, therefore keeping the prime gaming hours (for most people) of late afternoon to late evening open. It's like they are trying to save money by not having to pay their tech people extra for working a graveyard shift.
Zookster is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Member
 
headcase151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: K.C.MO.
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
These are prime gaming hours,in Japan.That`s who Sony cares about.
headcase151 is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 03-02-2012, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,984
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcase151 View Post

These are prime gaming hours,in Japan.That`s who Sony cares about.

Shouldn't be an issue to do region to region which is what I thought they do in the first place for updates since the the stores and PSN are separate based on what country you are in.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 03-02-2012, 08:05 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Yup, as far as i know that's how they've done things in the past. PSN USA goes by CA time, seeing as a lot of it is handled in Santa Monica / SD.

Do we have an update on when this 12 hour maintenance has been rescheduled to? Or are we going to hear about it a 10 hours before it happens again?
TyrantII is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 03-02-2012, 09:33 AM
 
GSDTrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 530
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Maybe I need to go back to SP only. Sonys online environment is severely lacking, and while i've supported them this far, they seem committed to doing nothing. They better have an ace up their sleeve for their next console (mostly their network service).

Honestly thats what I have done. LOL I just did the SP on MW2, I still have SP on KZ2 and 3, and Far Cry 2 SP Im thinking of doing. And theres not a chance Im being an early adopter of the PS4 when it gets released LOL. I'll let others be the Beta testers.
GSDTrainer is offline  
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off