Tiger Woods 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Anyone played the demo yet? From some feedback on Twitter yesterday some people said that EA had made big changes to get scores down and we won't see everyone shooting -20. Heard it before but wondered if anyone had taken a look yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I haven't.

No interest in this year's version. I still play last '12 though, I don't hate the game. I just spent so much on all the courses that it's an every-other-year kinda thing with me.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #3 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Didn't know the demo was up. I've got the platinums in TW 10,11 and 12 and may be burnt out on TW for a bit. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was playing as a kid. I'm not sure how much focus is put on it, but the email ads I've seen seem to make it out to be this years thing. Not sure if I want to start out that far back. It could just be a small part of the game though.

I also don't like how they're doing the DLC courses. I mean, I played them for free previous years and now I have to pay for them. I think the DLC courses for 2012 were almost as much as the full retail game. I ended up splitting the cost with a friend just to rationalize getting them.

I'll eventually look into 2013, just got to get caught up with some other games.
post #4 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It would be nice if the miniature golf courses were included in the package like they are with the Wii version.
post #5 of 14 Old 03-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hate the TW series, and love the HSG series... but since they aren't making any more HSG games in the US... each year I try the TW demo and am disapointed.... but this years' game actually plays ok. I still haven't really figured out how to reliably judge power on shots less than 100 yards... but otherwise it plays nice.... plus on this demo, you actually get to play 3 holes on 2 courses... pick from 3 golfers to use.... and can change the pin locations.
post #6 of 14 Old 03-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkoza View Post

I hate the TW series, and love the HSG series... but since they aren't making any more HSG games in the US... each year I try the TW demo and am disapointed.... but this years' game actually plays ok. I still haven't really figured out how to reliably judge power on shots less than 100 yards... but otherwise it plays nice.... plus on this demo, you actually get to play 3 holes on 2 courses... pick from 3 golfers to use.... and can change the pin locations.

Are they making any HSG games for Asia? I don't mind ordering from play Asia and figuring out the menus through trial and error.

PSN brakel

post #7 of 14 Old 03-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakel View Post

Are they making any HSG games for Asia? I don't mind ordering from play Asia and figuring out the menus through trial and error.

don't know, there a new one for the vita apaprently
post #8 of 14 Old 03-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkoza View Post

don't know, there a new one for the vita apaprently

I saw that. I was hoping they might release that version as a ps3 download.

PSN brakel

post #9 of 14 Old 03-23-2012, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 376
I don't understand why they have to keep making the controls more and more complicated. I remember destroying friends and the CPU in '04 & '05. Last one I bout was '10 and I haven't played it much but thought the ability to put your face into the game was cool. I won't buy this cuz I'm broke but will give the demo another try or two.
post #10 of 14 Old 03-24-2012, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I tried the demo and thought it worked very well with the Move; certainly much better than last year's Move implementation, which I found unplayable. I don't think I'm going to be much of a fan of the controller using the new Total Swing Control mechanic. It's supposed to be tempo dependent... I guess it is if you've got the reflexes of a hummingbird! I just find the controller implementation to be a flick and twitch-fest with full shots. I'm playing the XBox 360 full game right now via my EA Sports Season ticket, and I'm just not thrilled with the controller experience while executing full shots. It does a good job around the greens with chipping, pitching, and putting (as long as I extend the aiming cursor out to 80 feet, and make the putting like it was in Tiger Woods 10).

I'll probably be buying the PS3 version of the game next month, after SKLZ Golf releases the "SimStix" golf club accessory for the Move. If you've seen the "Chicken Stick" for the Wii, this is the Move version of that. SKLZ bought out Bad Chicken, hence the name change. Anyway, I can't handle swining the Move by itself as if it's a golf club. There's just not enough mass there to give me the feel I want, and with my big hands, I can't come close to gripping it like a golf club.

My reason for holding out is that from what I've seen with the Move in the demo, a much more realistic and proportional play experience will be possible. I've just got to have something that's going to give me the weight and feel of a golf club to allow me to put my real golf swing in the game. Looks very promising though... and woah, the First-Person camera perspective the Move makes possible is easily my favorite perspective!

"If the amount of views was how we judged the quality of a thread, then all we would have is a bunch of trolling fanboy threads."... Kysersose
post #11 of 14 Old 04-14-2012, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I got this as a gift last week. I've barely ever golfed (three times, several years ago) and don't play golf games. But I have a move that's been gathering dust and figured I'd give it a shot.

I am finding it fun, but very very hard. I am actually pretty sore after playing around 30 holes of virtual golf. I've been able to hit par on about three or four of those with a handful of really terrible ones.

The game, with the move, replicates pretty well my real game (terrible). Although the accuracy in terms of lining up the shot is far better than I could ever hope for (I know there are a lot of assists on the default Pro level). But my ability to shoot past the hole, shoot past it again, etc is well represented

One annoyance: the game makes you use a real controller (or the non-wand move thingie if you have one, which I don't) to navigate menus. Because the controller isn't in use, and I have automatic shut-off, ever 10 minutes the game pauses and I have go go turn on the controller I am not using. I don't see why the wand couldn't be used in menus and stuff, it's a little annoying to use that way but much better than having to have a full controller powered up and available all the time.

I tried the game face thing, and while it was fun it doesn't look very much like me.

Anyway, I am about as far from a hardcore golf gamer as you can imagine, but so far I am finding it pretty fun, much more fun than if I were just using a controller (I have tried that in the past and found it does not grab me at all).

One thing that I looked for but couldn't find was a 'practice' mode... is there anything like that available?
post #12 of 14 Old 06-08-2012, 10:11 AM

I picked Tiger 13 up at Nebraska Furniture Mart here in Kansas City last weekend for $39.99 new. I haven't played a Tiger game in ages and as an avid golfer myself, I am really enjoying this game. I have yet to try it with the Move controller though. Just playing with a SIXAXIS.

XBL: Buddyl33
PSN: KC_Buddyl33
post #13 of 14 Old 08-03-2012, 07:19 AM

Is there an AVSForum CC yet?

XBL: Buddyl33
PSN: KC_Buddyl33
post #14 of 14 Old 08-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I didn't seen one when I started playing the game around a month ago. I just created my own, then jumped over to a PS3Trophies club to get the online trophies.

Ended up getting the platinum recently. Have to say that I think 2012 was a bit better than 2013. Not to say 2013 wasn't good, I just felt the presentation and user experience was smoother last year. Also had a few hard lock-ups during rounds which was kind of annoying. There seemed to be a small glitch on Augusta where your character gets stuck looking out over the teebox. Unable to see your swing or zoom in. It was only one specific hole it happened on, which I can't remember right now (#10 I think).

Still really enjoying the series.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page