Tales of Graces F - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 03-22-2012, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
So ME3 has taken me a lot less now that there's no replay value to it. I'm left feeling the need for a game with great story. I played and loved Tales of Vesperia. I haven't played any other Tales game.

I'm considering buying this now (was planning on waiting for price drop after getting ToV for $15). With Graces F being a sequel, am I going to be missing out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

So ME3 has taken me a lot less now that there's no replay value to it. I'm left feeling the need for a game with great story. I played and loved Tales of Vesperia. I haven't played any other Tales game.

I'm considering buying this now (was planning on waiting for price drop after getting ToV for $15). With Graces F being a sequel, am I going to be missing out?

This isnt a sequel, it is a director's cut HD remaster. Supplies may be limited so dont expect rapid price drops.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #33 of 34 Old 05-03-2012, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
So I ended up picking up ToG from GameStop. Had a $25 gift card, and I never shop at GS, so whatev.

Started it last night. About 2 hours in so far. Seems nice, but... I'm not finding myself as engaged as I was in Vesperia. Maybe a few more hours things will be different.

Not sure I like how artes work with CC now. It seemed like controlling my characters was a lot easier in ToV...
post #34 of 34 Old 05-03-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

So I ended up picking up ToG from GameStop. Had a $25 gift card, and I never shop at GS, so whatev.

Started it last night. About 2 hours in so far. Seems nice, but... I'm not finding myself as engaged as I was in Vesperia. Maybe a few more hours things will be different.

Not sure I like how artes work with CC now. It seemed like controlling my characters was a lot easier in ToV...

The game takes a while to pick up, and the true joy is in the skits, the story is cliche as can be, but the cast and how they interact is where the game shines.

The Future Arc (unlocked after the final boss) has some of the best skits in the series history.

As for CC, you don't get a and b artes until you finish the child arc, so give it time, the system is actually pretty solid once you learn it.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page