Vita owners... what's your top 5 Vita games? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 155
For those that have played either the demos or the full games.... What are your top 5 must haves on the Vita? Here is my ranking:

1. Fifa Soccer - Man, I'm such a sucker for this soccer game. It's like having a little miniature PS3, and being able to play the PS3 version of Fifa Soccer on the go. Only thing that sucks about this game is no ad-hoc play.

2. Hot Shots Golf : World Invitational - I've only played the demo, but man... This game has really blew me away. I fire up that demo every day, lol. (I really need to buy this game)

3. Rayman Origins - It's weird because I just didn't really get into the console version of this game for whatever reason. On Vita, I guess it's the same game, but it just seems so much better to me. This game will truly show off just how beautiful that screen is.

4. Wipeout 2048 - I love me some wipeout. I know that some people are bored with these games, but I'm hopelessly addicted. Ever since Wipeout and Wipeout XL on the PS1. Wipeoue Pure on the PSP is absolutely amazing, and this Wipeout continues the tradition.

5. Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Uncharted is just proof positive of what the Vita is capable of. You get a glimpse of the future of whats possible with Vita. THE POWER OF THE PS3 IN THE PALM OF MY HAND!!!! (say it like Doc Ock in the Spiderman 2 movie!)

Just missed the cut: Super StarDust Delta & ModNation Racers : Road Trip

Haven't played: MLB 12 The Show, Tales of Space: Mutant Blobs & Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Hot Shots and SSD for me. Waiting for the library to grow.
post #3 of 14 Old 03-27-2012, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I own:

SSDD, MS:RC, Blobs and Escape Plan

I am holding off on a full retail game until Resistance or LBP. I'll pick up Uncharted and Unit 13 when I see a good price.

Now playing: Destiny, Madden, Diablo 3, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Infamous: First Light, Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #4 of 14 Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

Hot Shots and SSD for me. Waiting for the library to grow.

Wow... Only two games doing it for you? Have you tried all the demos? I think there are about 8 or 9 Vita games that are very much worth playing. Sure, the $39.99 price is prohibitive (I really don't want to spend more than $24 on a portable game), but there are definitely some decent games. I guess the problem is, you have to be the type of gamer that likes all kinds of genres. If I didn't like sports games at all, then the Vita might kinda suck. It has 4 really good sports games right now (Fifa, MLB, Virtua Tennis & HSG:WI) Or if you can't stand racing games, then Wipeout and ModNation aren't what you're looking for...

That's the hardest thing about a system launch. Waiting for games to fill all the various categories. There isn't even one single legitimate FPS game on Vita yet, which is kinda amazing if you think about. Resistance is coming May 29th, so that will change, but it's just kinda weird that Sony launches a handheld with dual thumbsticks, and you have to wait almost 4 months to get your first FPS game. (Unit 13 doesn't count)

All I really want is a nice port of Red Dead Redemption, or Skyrim or Fallout 3. A Dead Space vita game would be much appreciated, lol... Hopefully the vita version of GTA 5 will launch day and date with the console versions. I want a REAL Motorstorm game for the Vita. How about a PixelJunk portable collection for the PSV ? The "Flower" and "Journey" double pack for Vita by That Game Company. So many great games should somehow get ported to Vita.
post #5 of 14 Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
I also own MLB but I don't think it is anything special. I played most of the demos but none were worth the over $30 price tag.
post #6 of 14 Old 03-28-2012, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

I also own MLB but I don't think it is anything special. I played most of the demos but none were worth the over $30 price tag.

Yeah, I hear what your sayin....

Target is having a B2G1 free deal right now, so if there are 3 Vita games that you're really interested in, you can get them for $28.79 each (assuming 8 percent sales tax). Of course, this would be for 3 games that cost $39.99 (so Uncharted wouldn't qualify)

Amazon.com is also doing a B2G1 deal, but unfortunately, some games are excluded from the deal. With no tax at Amazon (at least for now...), it comes out to $26.66 for each Vita game that cost $39.99, if you buy 3 of them. Unfortunately for me, MLB The Show isn't one of the games that they are offering this deal with, or I'd snag Hot Shots, MLB and Rayman Origins for $26.66 each.
post #7 of 14 Old 03-28-2012, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Why don't you consider Unit13 an fps? I hear it plays very well with the sticks. I'm a bit worried that Burning Skies will be messed up, since they keep touting its use of the touch screen for controls. Please don't end up being a freaking disaster!

bg
post #8 of 14 Old 03-28-2012, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post

Why don't you consider Unit13 an fps? I hear it plays very well with the sticks. I'm a bit worried that Burning Skies will be messed up, since they keep touting its use of the touch screen for controls. Please don't end up being a freaking disaster!

Well, the normal view is from a 3rd person over the shoulder view, ala Gears of War or Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. When you zoom in with certain weapons, it goes to a first person perspective. I just don't think I would consider this the normal First Person Shooter, for the person that is specifically looking for that kind of game. It's "kinda" a FPS, but not really.

Also, is it just me, or does the field of view seem kinda weird in this game? I feel kinda claustrophobic when playing it for some reason. It's almost like the normal view is too zoomed in or something.
post #9 of 14 Old 04-01-2012, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

1. Fifa Soccer - Man, I'm such a sucker for this soccer game. It's like having a little miniature PS3, and being able to play the PS3 version of Fifa Soccer on the go. Only thing that sucks about this game is no ad-hoc play.

5. Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Uncharted is just proof positive of what the Vita is capable of. You get a glimpse of the future of whats possible with Vita. THE POWER OF THE PS3 IN THE PALM OF MY HAND!!!!

The Vita is the first handheld that has interested me and I have bought since the original Game Boy.

I did own a 3DS for two days before my interest level took a nose dive.

Having two 360s, PS3s, a Wii, smartphone and 3rd gen iPad, and over 200 games across the platforms, I was worried I wouldn't play it.

The Vita far exceeds my phone and tablet for true console gaming on the go. I have now completed Uncharted twice and am now going through again on crushing difficulty.

Uncharted looks great but I revisited Uncharted 3 the other day and the visuals and frame rate were certainly better. Still, for a launch title on new hardware, Golden Abyss an FIFA look fantastic.

Overall it is a highly polished device and I can't wait to see where they go with it.
post #10 of 14 Old 04-01-2012, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I pretty much just play Fifa. That game is awesome on the Vita. I have Uncharted but havent cracked it open yet.

As far as demos, Rayman looks amazing, Im just waiting for it to be under $20. Dynasty Warriors plays and looks great on the Vita. Shinobido I will pick up eventually, I love me some stealth killing. Demo was decent enough if I can grab for around $20 or so.

"I need it. Buy it. Store it." - Tony Stark
post #11 of 14 Old 04-01-2012, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just a heads up for Vita owners that wish the games were a bit cheaper. Check your local Craigslist. I've been able to score some amazing deals by checking in on Craigslist every so often. One guy had MLB 12 The Show for 20 bucks straight up. I snagged it as quick as possible. A bunch of people locally have copies of ModNation Racers for about 19 bucks. I've seen Marvel vs. Capcom for 20 bucks, and I've seen Uncharted for 25 bucks. I've seen Little Deviants for 18 bucks.

Ebay isn't bad either. The prices are typically a couple of bucks more, because the Ebay sellers have to compensate for all the Ebay and Paypal fees, but the prices are still pretty good.

Friends don't let friends pay retail.
post #12 of 14 Old 04-01-2012, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Amazon has Lumines and Rayman for $29. Not a 'great' deal but every bit helps .........

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

post #13 of 14 Old 04-01-2012, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hot shots is about it. Rayman is awesome but its multi-player so its better on the PS3.
post #14 of 14 Old 04-02-2012, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Funny, I haven't played Rayman on the PS3 yet, but my daughter turned it on for about 5 minutes and said "The Vita version is better".
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page