Amazon streaming now on PS3 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4
PlayStation Area > Amazon streaming now on PS3
TornadoTJ's Avatar TornadoTJ 11:43 AM 05-11-2012
If you mean from your PC, log onto amazon.com, on the top left is a button that says "Shop by Department". Click that, then Unlimited Instant Videos, then Prime Instant Videos.

On the PS3, there is a selection for Prime Instant Videos.

Couldn't be easier.

Zookster's Avatar Zookster 11:55 AM 05-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

I just signed up for Amazon Prime trial on an order I put in a few minutes ago.

I am curious on the free content (movies) there is available for Prime Members. I tried to look on amazon.com but it is hard to tell because what comes up as free is in the form of a featurette, interview, or bonus material that I am not really interested in.

Is there an easy way to navigate and see what FREE full feature movies, documentaries, and tv series it has?? Maybe, it will be easier to see when I look at the PS3? I just want to bypass all the extra one-offs and see what real content there is free for Prime members.

I like Amazon a lot but probably won't keep Prime past the month trial - I probably don't order enough to warrant the $79 and am generally fine with free shipping even if it takes a week.

Thanks in advance...

Have you tried browsing this area yet?: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sa_menu_...ode=2676882011

It will look like there's a charge for each movie or TV show if you aren't a Prime member yet (or maybe even if you are). But these are all free with Prime.
djb5f's Avatar djb5f 12:46 PM 05-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post

If you mean from your PC, log onto amazon.com, on the top left is a button that says "Shop by Department". Click that, then Unlimited Instant Videos, then Prime Instant Videos.

On the PS3, there is a selection for Prime Instant Videos.

Couldn't be easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

Have you tried browsing this area yet?: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sa_menu_...ode=2676882011

It will look like there's a charge for each movie or TV show if you aren't a Prime member yet (or maybe even if you are). But these are all free with Prime.

Ahh, much better. Thanks both. I had clicked on Shop by Department, then went into Movies and Amazon Instant Video or Sort by Free and was getting all movie bonuses/extras and stuff like that.
blklightning's Avatar blklightning 03:33 PM 05-11-2012
i tried it and it's just not worth the switch if you have netflix. however, if you buy from amazon frequently i would think that dropping netflix in favor of this would be a good move. their streaming catalogs are ridiculously similar.
TornadoTJ's Avatar TornadoTJ 03:40 PM 05-11-2012
If Amazon would allow me to set up queues, it'd be an even easier decision to drop Netflix.
blklightning's Avatar blklightning 04:18 PM 05-11-2012
^^^yeah, i forgot about that. it's really annoying.
NuSoardGraphite's Avatar NuSoardGraphite 06:01 AM 05-14-2012
The Amazon streamer just doesn't have the same amount of content as Netflix and much of what is on Amazon, is available on Netflix. No reason to drop Netflix as of yet.
First ... 2  3  4

Up
Mobile  Desktop