post #61 of 87 Old 09-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

And I still say the RED ZONE channel is for DirecTV customers only, not PS3 customers WHO DO NOT HAVE/WILL NOT BE GETTING DirecTV. It describes it in the first line of the second paragraph; "ALL EXISTING DIRECTV SUBSCRIBERS...."
Then in the next paragraph it says;"In addition, YOU will have access to DirecTV's Red Zone Channel..." The YOU refers too DirecTV customers ONLY.
Read that blog I posted again VERY CAREFULLY.
It separates what DirecTV customers get with Sunday NFL Ticket MAX for $299, and what PS3 ONLY buyers get for $299(Sunday out of market NFL games ONLY).
The above is CLEARLY stated in the second to last paragraph of the advertisement.

FYI.

They also stated that because there a 2 different versions of NFL Red Zone.

Directv has their own version of the channel where Andrew Siciliano hosts the channel.

Then there is the NFL Network's version of NFL Redzone channel which other TV providers offer and is hosted by Scott Hanson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 87 Old 09-02-2012, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
OOPS!!! I stand corrected. Thanks for the fresh air. I enjoy being scolded.
post #63 of 87 Old 09-02-2012, 07:31 PM

Liked: 10
Red Zone Included! - see the official link

http://us.playstation.com/psn/nfl/

Hope you guys are right about being able to fund wallet with the $299 without giving a credit card.
post #64 of 87 Old 09-04-2012, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Just to let folks know what is happenning. Not typing this in a panic, just letting you know what I experienced as of 12:45pm EST:

I downloaded NFL Sunday Ticket app, version 2.0. I still had last years app, so when I clicked on it, the PS3 just told me there was a newer version available.

Did that, and then tried to sign up under the, "NO. I am not able to get DirecTV at my current address, and want to buy it for my PS3."

Then the usual answer came back;"There are no products for you too purchase at this time."

Not worried. Just letting people know that as of 12:45pm EST, for those who just want it without DirecTV, it still is not available yet.

Oh, and the app itself is still not in the PS3 store anywhere. At least where I looked.
post #65 of 87 Old 09-04-2012, 11:38 AM

Same experience here.

Last year my aunt had NFL Sunday Ticket as a promotionally free package. I asked her to tack on $50 for the PS3 streaming option and I essentially used her account to watch via PS3. It was a good experience.

Now this season, DirecTV dropped the price to $199 for her, but I have to ask her to tack on $100 for the Sunday Ticket MAX edition to allow streaming.

My only question is whether I can stream via PS3 AND use a concurrent login for my iPad (i.e....friend's iPad).
post #66 of 87 Old 09-04-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 13
Last year i did the same thing. My brother has DirecTv and i just used his info. Are you sure it's $50 for additional streaming or if it's $100?
post #67 of 87 Old 09-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA5CMPB View Post

Last year i did the same thing. My brother has DirecTv and i just used his info. Are you sure it's $50 for additional streaming or if it's $100?

I am a Directv customer and I can confirm that the Sunday Ticket Max option you will need in order to watch NFL ST on PS3 is a $100.

Have your brother call Directv and say cancel at the phone menu options, that should get him to the "retention department" where they have all the better deals.Tell your brother to tell Directv that he's thinking about canceling service and that he wants to be upgraded to NFL ST Max for free.They may or may not give it to him or they may offer him a discounted rate.It's really depends on how good of a account standing his Directv account is in, which plan he's on, if he's referred people to Directv who signed up for service, and if he's under or out of contract with them.
post #68 of 87 Old 09-04-2012, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

ok hopefully its not a sign of problems to come. I cant get direct tv in my place. I goto pay the 299.95 with my credit card to add funds. Gives me an error and thats it. Anyone else deal with this and how did you fix it? So annoying
post #69 of 87 Old 09-04-2012, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

The App appears ready now as of 7:00pm EST.

If you do not want DirecTV, you click on NO, and the app takes you to the buy now screen.

Clicking on BUY NOW(if you are signed into your PSN account), will take you too a page where the total($299) will be displayed.

Then it will list how much PSN prepaid money you have, if any, then if you want to end up paying the remaing balance with prepaid cards, or a Cresit Card.

I only have $1.17 in my PSN account currently, so I don't know if it will let you load in $300 worth of PSN prepaid cards into your account. My guess would be yes, since they offer you a choice to pay the entire amount in PSN cards or a CC.

But it appears up and ready to roll.smile.gif
post #70 of 87 Old 09-04-2012, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekinMerrick View Post

ok hopefully its not a sign of problems to come. I cant get direct tv in my place. I goto pay the 299.95 with my credit card to add funds. Gives me an error and thats it. Anyone else deal with this and how did you fix it? So annoying

I don't know if this is it, but:

Derek, you may need to add your CC billing information DIRECTLY into your PS account. Meaning address, CC # plus 3-numbered pin on back, etc... BEFORE you can use it to buy anything.

In other words, it may all need to be listed in your account beforehand, so that Sony can just check your account, make sure your CC is active, and can be used, and then it will confirm payment.

I don't think doing it through the app will work.

But this is just a guess

I would also suggest to anyone to add your PS prepaid cards in your account BEFORE using the app. Just use the MEDIA GO, add the cards, and then use the app. I am sure this is just being silly, and a little to conservative. But it is just too make sure the prepaid cards go into your account.

Cannot see how they wouldn't since you would/should be signed into your PSN account before using the app anyway
post #71 of 87 Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM

I'm pretty sure it was just a $50 upgrade to add the PS3 streaming last year, but then again the package price was $299 last year too.

Now I was supposed to log into my aunt's account tonight and upgrade to MAX but I put a bad password in 3 times and I'm locked out.
I guess I'll find out soon enough. Already downloaded the latest PS3 ST app.

I'm hoping that with the DTV ST MAX package, I'll still be able to help someone else out and let them view live games on a PC or tablet.
post #72 of 87 Old 09-04-2012, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Signed up again for another season. Didn't have a great experience last year with freezing problems all year. But I need it and hopefully will be better this year smile.gif

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
post #73 of 87 Old 09-05-2012, 03:10 AM

So if I have the NFL Sunday Ticket Maxx... is there an additional charge for me to link up my PS3 and watch games on there?

Is there anything stopping me from giving my DIRECTV.com user name and password to my friend in Cali and letting him stream games on his PS3? Would he need any other info from my account besides that user name and password?? Not that I dont trust him or anything smile.gif

PSN: MGD6912
post #74 of 87 Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 PM

Anyone know if they will be offering any free features/games during week one for those folks who are on the fence about buying the package? Seems like it would be a smart marketing ploy....
post #75 of 87 Old 09-07-2012, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 154
You can get the PC only version of this for $250.

I might do it, if I can get some of my buds to chip in on it. In the long run, much cheaper than going to the bars.
post #76 of 87 Old 09-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Any try ST on the PS3 today? Wondering how the PQ looks this year.

Thanks,

JP
post #77 of 87 Old 09-09-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

You can get the PC only version of this for $250.
I might do it, if I can get some of my buds to chip in on it. In the long run, much cheaper than going to the bars.

Do not know if this true, or not, but some have been claiming that getting the $250 PC version, ALSO gives you access to using it on the PS3.

I cannot confirm this, but if true, you can save $50 doing it this way.

Here is the link to DirecTV signup for $250 for PC. It is on a blog, and just read down, and people tell you how to do it. I think you go under the heading of "I AM A DIRECTV CUSTOMER" in the NFL Sunday Ticket app. Then you type in your username/password(you need to create an account with DirecTV in order to purchase the $250 PC version), and it works through your PS3(plus Ipod/Ipad/Android using the APP):

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/nflstonline/overview

Here is the Blog. Read Joe's comment from September 7th, at 7:30AM:

http://cordcutterguide.com/nfl-sunday-ticket-2012-on-ps3-not-so-much/
post #78 of 87 Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

****UPDATE****

No. The above will not work using the PS3. You can Log in using the DIrecTV account you set up(you don't sign up for DirecTV, just the $250 SNFLT for your computer/ipad/ipod/iphone/android), but it will not allow you to load any games.

Oh, well. It was worth a try. People just have to decide if you want it on your PS3 alone for $299. Or you can get it on your laptop, and many other devices, for $250 in one payment.

If you have a laptop with an ethernet connection, and an HDMI, or VGA out with a TV with that type of connection, you can just connect the computer to your TV, and watch it that way. The quality is the same, at least to the one blogger who was using the $250 option.

Just food for thought.

Bad week for Pittsburgh fans. University of Pittsburgh stinks. The Pirates now look like they won't even finish with a winning record, which would be an absolute disaster, and the Steelers just got beat by Denver. They have no secondary, and the O Line is, as usual, awful. Looks like a cold hard winter in Western PA.mad.gifeek.gif
post #79 of 87 Old 09-10-2012, 04:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Did they lose customers?? What's up with all this consumer friendliness?

post #80 of 87 Old 09-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

I did the $250 "online" option. Wasn't really pleased with the quality but doing "game mix" was cool (4 games on screen at once). Although, when you do game-mix view, you can't also do fullscreen, so it's 4 tiny screens within a video screen on your browser. Lame. Nice to have an option the PS3 doesn't have.

Didn't try pausing anything, which was a nice option on the PS3 last year. Pause and go about your Sunday activities, come back and fast forward as you like.

Quality-wise? Last year the PS3 app was either inoperable (week 1), horrid (often), acceptable (75% of the time), and sometimes it would actually look good. But the Audio, whoa, at its best was terrible. There were also audio/video sync issues often. This combined with the online-only option being $250 is why I went that route this year.

Here's hoping the online stream looks better next week. It was a blocky, compressed mess this week, but at least it worked. I even watched over tmobile "4G" and despite the quality being even worse, it did function (though not every time). Yet there was a nagging "Play" arrow-symbol on the middle of the screen that would not go away.
post #81 of 87 Old 09-10-2012, 10:15 AM

I tried out the PS3 version of the ST this weekend. Overall not to bad. Only a little choppiness and I have 20MB max DL speeds. I did not see where you can have multiple games open on the screen at once nor a spot where you can plug in specific fantasy players to track.

One last thing I didnt like is that on my PS3, the games audio would only come through my center speaker. I thought all the games were suppose to be 5.1 audio. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere??? Any help on this would be appreciated.

post #82 of 87 Old 09-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

5.1 audio isn't for the PS3. Neither is the game mix feature. Not sure about the player tracking.
post #83 of 87 Old 09-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

not sure if the PS3 app users had the same issue, but I never got to access any week one game highlights. Just said none available.
post #84 of 87 Old 09-13-2012, 03:14 AM

If my friend has a DirecTV max subscription I know that he can give me his username and password info and that would give me access to stream the Sunday Ticket on my PS3. My question: if he is streaming games on Sunday through his computer can I stream on my PS3 at the same time?

Don't hate me because I know nothing...
post #85 of 87 Old 09-14-2012, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNoob View Post

If my friend has a DirecTV max subscription I know that he can give me his username and password info and that would give me access to stream the Sunday Ticket on my PS3. My question: if he is streaming games on Sunday through his computer can I stream on my PS3 at the same time?

Allegedly you cant stream to 2 different devices at the same time.. i.e. tablet and pc. I know Netflix said we couldnt stream to more than one device at a time.. and I can stream from my PS3 and the WII both at the same time. Why dont you try it out and let us know for sure what you find out cuz this is a good piece of info to know FOR SURE.

post #86 of 87 Old 09-14-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet396 View Post

not sure if the PS3 app users had the same issue, but I never got to access any week one game highlights. Just said none available.

I didnt get any highlights as well. I wonder if this is just a week 1 issue or they really dumb down the PS3 service they offer. I wasnt able to do multiple games on the TV or set up players to monitor for fantasy football purposes. I cant imagine paying $300 for a nerfed service compared to the real thing and the promos they were showing. I would feel ripped off!

post #87 of 87 Old 09-14-2012, 08:42 AM

i watched some games last year and the resolution looked good or better than on the tv just hated streaming it even with a fast connection
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page