Vita Game Download Disapearing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-30-2012, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I picked up my 5 year old a Vita. His favorite game is a downloaded version of the PSP Lego Batman.

Twice now the game has just vanished? I asked if he deleted it somehow and he says no, it's just gone. Last night I checked downloads and was able to download it again at no charge. Tonight he said it's gone again???

I'm not sure what's going on. Is he somehow deleting the game? Have any other Vita owners had games just disappear?

Any information would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I haven't heard of this situation yet but theirs always a chance that any new system can have bugs in it. I would be a little cautious if theirs anyone in the household that could be doing that as a joke. No one else ever been using the PS Vita? Also, maybe he doesn't know that he deleted it by accident. I'd show him the deleting process and see if he remembered doing what you just did. On the other hand, if he really never did it, it might not be a good idea to teach him how to delete the game.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Man, I can't imagine a 5 year old with a Vita. That's a pretty expensive toy for a 5 year old. I have a boy that just turned 9, and he loves to use my Vita, but I'm a bit nervous when he's using it, because I hope he doesn't mess it up somehow. When my son was 5, he would have probably dropped the Vita and messed it up.

Of course, all kids are different. But my kids, I'd be worried they would break the thing. I'd definitely need to get one of those "no questions asked" protection plans for it.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Man, I can't imagine a 5 year old with a Vita. That's a pretty expensive toy for a 5 year old. I have a boy that just turned 9, and he loves to use my Vita, but I'm a bit nervous when he's using it, because I hope he doesn't mess it up somehow. When my son was 5, he would have probably dropped the Vita and messed it up.

Of course, all kids are different. But my kids, I'd be worried they would break the thing. I'd definitely need to get one of those "no questions asked" protection plans for it.

Costco... so yes, no questions asked.

He's done really well with his 3DS. So I thought things should be ok. Having said that, I understand it's on me. If he breaks it I'll consider it my fault and not his. I'm the one who chose to give it too him.

I don't understand what's going on? I'll download it and see what happens I guess. If it happens again I guess I'll email Sony.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Just a thought - could he be holding the game icon and accidentally dragging it down a screen or two?

It might not be deleted, but on a separate home screen.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Just a thought - could he be holding the game icon and accidentally dragging it down a screen or two?

To be honest I don't think the game is actually being deleted. The reason I say that is because when I downloaded it the second time the game save was still there. He didn't have to start over from the beginning. So it seems like its just the game icon to launch the game that's vanishing. I cycled through all the screens and I can't find it anywhere. The only place I see it is in the download section.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
That's a really odd issue. I haven't seen any other user reports of this via a quick google search...

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ohdee~ View Post

I cycled through all the screens and I can't find it anywhere. The only place I see it is in the download section.

Just to make sure - you are aware that the main screen - the leftmost one, also scrolls up and down?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

^ Yeah, that sounds like a simple point, but important to verify that the OP knows this.....

Old 05-01-2012, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Doh!

Figured it out! It ended up being 5-year-old user error!

When he wanted to launch the game instead of just tapping the icon he would leave his finger on the screen long enough to bring up the ability to arrange and delete icons! He was deleting it! I was playing with it and when I held my finger on an icon and the screen changed he said that's what it's doing. From there he would tap the screen (mashing buttons) and he'd delete the game icon without knowing it!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

And... Daver get's it right! Only he wasn't dragging it!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ohdee~ View Post

Doh!

Figured it out! It ended up being 5-year-old user error!

When he wanted to launch the game instead of just tapping the icon he would leave his finger on the screen long enough to bring up the ability to arrange and delete icons! He was deleting it! I was playing with it and when I held my finger on an icon and the screen changed he said that's what it's doing. From there he would tap the screen (mashing buttons) and he'd delete the game icon without knowing it!

Glad to hear you got that little issue resolved.