Devil may Cry 5 - I've played it, and interviewed the Producer... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 05-22-2012, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wanted to let you guys know I played DMC5 last Friday, and also conducted an interview with Associate Producer Gregory Lewickyj.

Here is one of my favorite parts of the interview:

Quote:

How was it, getting the Japanese team and Ninja Theory together to learn to work together cohesively?
There are a lot of challenges involved with that. Obviously the language [barrier] and making sure everyone is speaking in the same terms about the same things. I think there's been a lot of fun there too. I think there's been a lot of learning on both sides. Both teams have been really excited about it. I know some of the Ninja guys were really on board with having those guys come out and work with them. It's been really productive. So, yes, there have been some challenges that go into that, and some have taken a little longer to iron out, but once we got there we got to a place where there is a lot of productivity going into those conversations. Both teams are really feeling they're getting a new perspective on some of the problems being faced in the development process. You know, how one team might look at a certain problem and address it compared to how the other time might do it, and then hashing it out.

Also, gameplay impressions:
Quote:

The vertical slice I playedfocused mainly on a combat sequence in a burning citywas quite fun! I didn't get to see everything the game has to offer (menus did not work), but I did notice there's a dedicated evade button, a soft lock to enemies, a style meter and of course the new Angel/Demon modes. I sort of cynically anticipated this game feeling awkward, as it made a desperate crawl towards Bayonetta's style and mechanics. I'm happy to report I walked away not feel that at all. It still feels like Devil May Cry, but better looking andjuicier. This is mainly due to the ability to quickly switch between Angel and Demon mode. Yes it can be done mid-flight, and there is no cooldown. So in a flash I was able to switch between the modes at the press of a trigger.

Got any questions? Shoot and I'll do my best. Full impressions and interview can found over here: http://eat-games.tumblr.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-22-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I want Heavenly Sword2, don't care about DMC.

Now playing: Watch Dogs

Recently Finished: Southpark: Stick of Truth, Infamous: SS

PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33

post #3 of 10 Old 05-22-2012, 03:03 PM

Liked: 832
me too
post #4 of 10 Old 05-22-2012, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I really dislike Dante's emo look.
Bring back the white hair!!! lol
Not that it will change much my opinion on the game but I would have prefered his white hair look.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-23-2012, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

I want Heavenly Sword2, don't care about DMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

me too

It was kinda of fun wasn't it? Do you guys remember the E3 reference "massive damage"?
post #6 of 10 Old 05-23-2012, 07:41 AM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by warcrow View Post

It was kinda of fun wasn't it? Do you guys remember the E3 reference "massive damage"?

Gotta hit that weak point!

I felt that NT took a big step back with Enslaved. While the level design was still top notch, gameplay was bad and the story was non existent, until it became a mess at the end.

It'll be interesting to see how DMC turns out with Capcom funding, especially since we know from HS they had it in them to create some deep and interesting melee/combo gameplay elements. If they can do what they did in HS, but get the pacing and story right...
post #7 of 10 Old 05-24-2012, 05:46 AM

Liked: 11
How does the gameplay compare to the previous ones? (since it is 30 fps and 60.)

I'm really worried about this game since it looks slower based on the trailers.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-24-2012, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I was worried too, yeah. Um, well to me it looked and played just as fast and crazily. I think the sacrifice they're making with 60 to 30 frames allows them more geometry to be processed, and better quality textures. I think it's a fair tradeoff and the gameplay doesn't feel sacrificed.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-24-2012, 07:55 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by warcrow View Post

I was worried too, yeah. Um, well to me it looked and played just as fast and crazily. I think the sacrifice they're making with 60 to 30 frames allows them more geometry to be processed, and better quality textures. I think it's a fair tradeoff and the gameplay doesn't feel sacrificed.

Thanks for the information

Now I just need to see if I'd like the new cast. I'm a huge Devil May Cry fan and loved Virgil, Dante, Trish, and Lady the way they were
post #10 of 10 Old 05-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 24
I can't wait for DmC. I liked all the previous games (except for 2).

The only problem is Capcom itself. There will be loads of DLC that will be sliced from the game to be sold separately. It's good that I only buy Capcom games used.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page