Watch Dogs... Ubisoft's stylish open-world game of hacking and shoot outs - Page 13 - AVS Forum
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last
PlayStation Area > Watch Dogs... Ubisoft's stylish open-world game of hacking and shoot outs
emartins's Avatar emartins 11:52 AM 06-03-2014
Local BB/target was out of stock of the wii u with Mario kart so I took it as a sign

Big Brad's Avatar Big Brad 11:54 AM 06-03-2014
I enjoy Mario Kart but don't think I can justify the cost of a $300 eventual paperweight.
NJPapi1977's Avatar NJPapi1977 12:06 PM 06-03-2014
What is with the Mario Kart 8 love. Its a little kids racing game. I dont get the idea of adults being giddy about racing karts with mario and friends collecting gold coins.

And I am 36
Dashboard's Avatar Dashboard 01:04 PM 06-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

What is with the Mario Kart 8 love. Its a little kids racing game. I dont get the idea of adults being giddy about racing karts with mario and friends collecting gold coins.

And I am 36

Fun?

Mario Kart is just a fun game to play. Nothing so serious just having a blast.

I'm 29, almost 30 and I'm picking this game soon.

Also nostalgia... you never played Mario Kart on the SNES? or the N64??
rolltide1017's Avatar rolltide1017 02:28 PM 06-03-2014
I loved Mario Kart back in the day but I'm not buying a Wii U just for Mario Kart.

Anyway, I've been distracted by TV shows the past few days, I hope to play some WD tonight. I haven't tried Decryption yet but, I probably want be able to unless the stupid NAT error thing is fixed.
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 02:30 PM 06-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

And I am 36

I'm 35 and i guess i should be honest. I am cynically-challenged. I mean of course i thought i would progress to the point of saying things like "young people are ruining our country" and "things were so much better in my day", but it just never happened. In fact if anything it has gotten worse with age, instead of maturing in some ways i have actually gone the other direction. For example, i took a bunch of kids and we blew up 20 lbs of tannerite with guns, everything from large TV's to 360's, to computers, when people ask "Why?", I can only muster a very immature "because it is fun". Now I play with puppies more often than when i was a kid, and i know this may not be OK to admit, but youtube videos of people getting hit in the balls make me.... laugh (please don't look down on me). Also, I think games like mario kart and zelda are fun and even though i wouldn't admit it in public, i think those games are cool.

i wish i could say that as i get older that i would start to look down on others that do "kiddie" things like play mario kart for fun, but for whatever reason it just isn't happening.
Dashboard's Avatar Dashboard 02:49 PM 06-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

I'm 35 and i guess i should be honest. I am cynically-challenged. I mean of course i thought i would progress to the point of saying things like "young people are ruining our country" and "things were so much better in my day", but it just never happened. In fact if anything it has gotten worse with age, instead of maturing in some ways i have actually gone the other direction. For example, i took a bunch of kids and we blew up 20 lbs of tannerite with guns, everything from large TV's to 360's, to computers, when people ask "Why?", I can only muster a very immature "because it is fun". Now I play with puppies more often than when i was a kid, and i know this may not be OK to admit, but youtube videos of people getting hit in the balls make me.... laugh (please don't look down on me). Also, I think games like mario kart and zelda are fun and even though i wouldn't admit it in public, i think those games are cool.

i wish i could say that as i get older that i would start to look down on others that do "kiddie" things like play mario kart for fun, but for whatever reason it just isn't happening.

Lol, I'm with you on that one.

It's fun to do kid's stuff even when you're older!

Weird how it says I'm the one saying MK8 is for kids!
chmorgan's Avatar chmorgan 06:42 PM 06-03-2014
Just got the skill to blow up the steam pipes in the streets. It's pretty cool getting out of a bind with that!
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 06:28 AM 06-04-2014
Count me in!! But seriously, why have old school biggotry? How about something fun like hunting clowns or my favorite, bad drivers? This game wasn't really on my radar but I may just have to check it out.

http://kotaku.com/some-players-are-hunting-down-minorities-in-watch-dogs-1584813361
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 07:33 AM 06-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Count me in!! But seriously, why have old school biggotry? How about something fun like hunting clowns or my favorite, bad drivers? This game wasn't really on my radar but I may just have to check it out.

http://kotaku.com/some-players-are-hunting-down-minorities-in-watch-dogs-1584813361

wow, i don't even know what to say...
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 09:14 AM 06-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

wow, i don't even know what to say...

Apparently this behavior was intended in a way by the devs. Guess its to drive home the whole privacy thing. I don't personally condone the behavior these people are doing but if I can hunt down some aholes with traffic tickets I'm all for it. Drivers around here must all be NASCAR fans because they can't go fast enough or cut you off close enough.
rolltide1017's Avatar rolltide1017 09:17 AM 06-04-2014
That's what I call a BS article, seriously, who cares. People do it in the game because they can, doesn't mean they want to run around in real life and do the same. I sold drugs and killed cops in GTA, doesn't mean I want to be a cop killing drug dealer in real life. It's a game, I just don't see the big deal here other then a website grasping for headlines. I've shot people based on what the profiler has said as well, so what, it's just a game. Registered sex offenders are pretty much dead on sight when I play. I can do it because it's a game and is not really hurting anyone.

Who didn't see this coming though, that some would take it to an extreme and make videos about it? Seriously who, because I'd love to live in your happy and sunny, blue skies world.

It's a game folks, calm down. Are we really going to start holding people morally responsible for what they do to fake digital characters in a video game? If so, then I'm must be one of the most despicable people on the planet because I've done some pretty bad things to many, many NPCs over the years.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 09:23 AM 06-04-2014
No and I'm 50/50 on whether the article is click bait or stirring up meaningful dialog. Call me crazy but the profiler thing actually sold me on getting the game. I can see it being abused wrongly but could also be great fun, in a video game setting.

Edit: truth be told this game would probably make me feel like an ahole for mowing down certain people. GTA and Prototype was cool because it was all anonymous and who doesn't find dildo killing funny, seriously? There was one game and I wish I could remember it, maybe Infamous, but it made me regret the choices I'd made. I genuinely felt bad going full on evil. Spec Ops the Line was another good one for making you regret guns blazing.
rolltide1017's Avatar rolltide1017 09:50 AM 06-04-2014
Well, guess I'm wired a little different, to me they are all just games, nothing more and I've never felt bad or regret for anything I've done in a game. Once I finished Infamous Second Son on the good play through, I started going all crazy on everybody because at that point it didn't effect my karma.

This was part of the design of WD, the devs had said as much in interviews and wanted to see how far people would take it. For sites to start writing articles about being shocked that this is happening is definitely click bait IMO. How can anyone be shocked that the game is being played as intended?

The whole idea of the game, the profiler and hacking should feel bad and wrong to everyone but, we are still playing the game.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 10:25 AM 06-04-2014
Infamous SS didn't make me feel one bit bad about nuking anything. I don't know if the NPCs were just too bland or what but I took delight in burning that city. I wish I could remember which game made me feel like a dick for going evil. I want to say a girlfriend was involved and she would sound so disappointed in your character at each level of douchery. Still think it was Infamous for some reason.

Games for me are generally an emotionally hollow experience. Its rare that I ever feel bad for something in game. The ones that do make me feel like $%&* are the ones that really attach me to the NPCs though. The Darkness really hurt in that regard about halfway into the story. Did not see that coming at all. But if the NPCs are whiny and annoying I'm burning them....
freemeat's Avatar freemeat 10:30 AM 06-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

Well, guess I'm wired a little different, to me they are all just games, nothing more and I've never felt bad or regret for anything I've done in a game. Once I finished Infamous Second Son on the good play through, I started going all crazy on everybody because at that point it didn't effect my karma.

This was part of the design of WD, the devs had said as much in interviews and wanted to see how far people would take it. For sites to start writing articles about being shocked that this is happening is definitely click bait IMO. How can anyone be shocked that the game is being played as intended?

The whole idea of the game, the profiler and hacking should feel bad and wrong to everyone but, we are still playing the game.

Full on click bait. I don't blame them, they need hits and revenue from ads. I'm sure if there were cats and dogs in the game some people would hunt them all down as well, doesn't mean they hate cats and dogs. Video games are not reality. As you said if my actions mirrored reality then I'd be going to hell a billion times over by now.
ComponentActual's Avatar ComponentActual 10:42 AM 06-04-2014

Does anyone else get seemingly random loud rumblings coming from their subwoofer when playing watchdogs. It seems to always happen to me after I hack a steam pipe, the initial explosion is always very loud especially if it occurs in front of me, but the sound is mainly in the upper and mid range frequencies without a whole lot of subwoofer, but then I will be driving around for the next few minutes in the general area (within a few blocks of the busted steam pipe) and my subwoofer will randomly make loud rumbling sounds for a couple of seconds and then stop. The loud rumblings are very short only a couple seconds long and occur about every 30 seconds or so. They do not seem to be coming directly from the steam pipe as I can drive by it and not hear this rumbling sound.  At first I thought there must have been an explosion off screen, but the more it occurs the less I think this is the case. As it almost always seems to happen after blowing up the steam pipes, and their are no other explosion sound effects in the upper and mid ranges just the deep rumbling coming from the subwoofer. Does anybody else experience this or know what the sound effect is suppose to be?

rolltide1017's Avatar rolltide1017 11:52 AM 06-04-2014
I have not experienced that but, I also mostly play at night and use my headphones.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 12:10 PM 06-04-2014
Alright I caved and decided to get this digitally. Think Friday night will be good for a drunken Purge style murderfest. Wanted to finish Wolfenstein first but oh well.
emartins's Avatar emartins 12:32 PM 06-04-2014
Quote:

Alright I caved and decided to get this digitally. Think Friday night will be good for a drunken Purge style murderfest. Wanted to finish Wolfenstein first but oh well.

Digitally? Woah, you are serious about this profiling.

I just picked up the season pass for KZ since the co-op missions should be out this month.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 12:36 PM 06-04-2014
The wife wanted a $100 tanning package for our upcoming anniversary so I grabbed $40 in PSN and Wolfenstein in return. Figured I already had 2/3 of it sitting there digitally and WD does have MP so for $20 I can have it. If its good I will plat it over time no big deal. Since you told me its not like Assassins Creed 4 was I'm ok with digital.
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 12:37 PM 06-04-2014
Quote:

Good to hear. Knew you couldn't resist. Maybe we can now finally coordinate and have a good 6-8 of us do some MP. Friday sounds good to me. Then after we can maybe hit War Thunder.
Big Brad's Avatar Big Brad 12:53 PM 06-04-2014
@ComponentActual I occasionally hear what you're describing. I always think it's someone's car stereo. I can't say I've found it annoying or anything.

I finished all of the cTOS towers last night. Now in really digging the gang hideouts. I love trying to be stealthy. I finished one gang hideout last night and didn't even take anyone down except the main target then left the area undetected.

Sam Fisher has nothing on Aiden Pearce.
freemeat's Avatar freemeat 01:03 PM 06-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post

@ComponentActual I occasionally hear what you're describing. I always think it's someone's car stereo. I can't say I've found it annoying or anything.

I finished all of the cTOS towers last night. Now in really digging the gang hideouts. I love trying to be stealthy. I finished one gang hideout last night and didn't even take anyone down except the main target then left the area undetected.

Yeah, I think it may be car stereos but then again it could be a localized earthquake from the steam explosion.

Yeah, I had one mission where it was right below a train track, so I was able to identify the person that needed to be knocked down pretty easily. Dropped down between everybody and knocked him out, then made it out of there.

Gang hide outs and Convoys are ridiculously fun for me, they never really pan out the same way twice. Convoys are awesome in that you can basically choose several ways to tackle them, setup up a choke point for their path (and you can choose many... setting up a blockade of cars from traffic jams, etc) or no blockade at all, just whiddle them down. Then the hideouts are cool too in that they'll try to hunt you down if you run away.
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 01:03 PM 06-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post

Nice one Brad. Have only completed 2 gang hideouts and both have been impossible to infiltrate completely without having to take a few of the henchmen out along the way.
freemeat's Avatar freemeat 01:13 PM 06-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Nice one Brad. Have only completed 2 gang hideouts and both have been impossible to infiltrate completely without having to take a few of the henchmen out along the way.

Well it really depends on the hideout., quite a variety in hideout styles. Some seem completely impossible while a few probably are. I know there is one I could have done earlier on as well but didn't as I didn't try.
tgable's Avatar tgable 01:30 PM 06-04-2014
I love killing them all with the silenced pistol. Wish there was a silencer for the sniper.
freemeat's Avatar freemeat 01:49 PM 06-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

I love killing them all with the silenced pistol. Wish there was a silencer for the sniper.

I was hoping for that as well, hoping it just opens up later. There is a silenced sub-machine gun or something like that but not the same as a silenced sniper which is what I really want.
freemeat's Avatar freemeat 01:53 PM 06-04-2014
Hopefully this game puts pressure on Rock Star to make a GTA game with game play that doesn't suck.

Then with Watch Dogs II they will hopefully add melee and better traversing, jump button, crouching and prone (You need to be able to use that silenced sniper rifle in prone biggrin.gif ).
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 01:57 PM 06-04-2014
Lo your the first target on my list lol wink.gif Lazy was telling me you guys had some crazy car chase and was hacking stoplights to cause crashes. This sounds like a load of chaos.

Can't tell about silenced snipers but a .50 cal!!!!!! Chunks are gonna fly!

http://watchdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons
Tags: Watch Dogs , Watch Dogs Limited Edition
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop