Watch Dogs... Ubisoft's stylish open-world game of hacking and shoot outs - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #91 of 450 Old 10-15-2013, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Day One for me is DriveClub Plus, Resogun, and Minecraft. Still not sure which shooter I want yet and Assassin's Creed is a wait for the pricedrop purchase. Knack will be a Plus freebie one day so it is a pass at launch.

I have a feeling Resogun will be free to play too eventually, but I'm happy to support the Dev. I typically try to support smaller studios or games not doing so well that I'd like to see a sequel.

The big guys don't need my money to find more ways to increase bloat in their products. *AC/RE cough*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 450 Old 10-15-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Good news from Amazon for folks (like me) who pre-ordered the WD bundle. This now appears on the product page for the bundle:
Quote:
Product Alert
All orders for the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle will keep their place in line and we will fulfill the PlayStation 4 (without the Watch Dogs game) in accordance with your current delivery estimate. We are working on adjusting these orders and will update you as soon as we know more.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #93 of 450 Old 10-15-2013, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 145
I thought Resogun is free for PS+ users ?
post #94 of 450 Old 10-15-2013, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

I thought Resogun is free for PS+ users ?

Only confirmed for Europe's Plus program, which puts the US one to shame for free games.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #95 of 450 Old 10-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Polygon's investigation of the surveillance technology being used by the real city of Chicago shows a truth uncomfortably close to the fiction

This is an excerpt of a article that highlights some of the eerie similarities between Chicago in the real world and the Chicago that will be portrayed in Watch Dogs. It's a very long article, but well worth the read.
Quote:
So in 2006 the CPD contracted with IBM to create the largest city-wide surveillance system in the nation. Older POD cameras were made compatible with new wireless mesh technology, new ones were made smaller and more powerful. Software from a Canadian company called Genetec (located just down the street from Ubisoft's Montreal studio where Watch Dogs was made) meant that fewer officers were needed to monitor more cameras at once.

For the first time, direct surveillance of crime was given to another, newer agency within the city. While some are still monitored jointly by police, after 2007 all PODs were now under the direct control of the city's Office Of Emergency Management and Communications, or OEMC. Instead of sworn police officers, the responsibility for remotely monitoring the city streets was handed over to "crime surveillance analysts."

A press release from 2007 gave the system a new name: Operation Virtual Shield. Bankrolling the creation of OEMC's $3.5 million dollar operations center was the Department of Homeland Security.

XBL = jackalopes

PSN = ChitownJackalope

post #96 of 450 Old 10-18-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

500 gigs FTW.
post #97 of 450 Old 11-07-2013, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Saw this elsewhere and thought it was funny.

freemeat likes this.
post #98 of 450 Old 11-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Same thing happened today with Need for Speed, XBone footage was confirmed as PS4 footage.

Gotta out that best foot forward and sell games smile.gif
freemeat likes this.
post #99 of 450 Old 11-07-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Same thing happened today with Need for Speed, XBone footage was confirmed as PS4 footage.

Gotta out that best foot forward and sell games smile.gif

I just don't understand how they allow this to happen. Honestly I hope M$ gets their stuff together because I do plan on getting an XB1 around Christmas time so I will have the PS4 to game with the majority of my buddies and the XB1 to game with my nephew and few other friends not getting the PS4.
post #100 of 450 Old 11-07-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 526
That is hilarious! "The look and feel of a PS4"

edit: Perhaps they are using the Xbone's HDMI in play through feature biggrin.gif How much latency would that cause?

It seems to be a trend to make sure to mention that games are upscaled to 1080p. I guess that is for the uneducated people to gobble up.
post #101 of 450 Old 11-07-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

I just don't understand how they allow this to happen. Honestly I hope M$ gets their stuff together because I do plan on getting an XB1 around Christmas time so I will have the PS4 to game with the majority of my buddies and the XB1 to game with my nephew and few other friends not getting the PS4.

It's pretty common. They were doing it with some titles after E3 calling PC stuff PS4. Also remember it happening in the early days of PS3 when it was reversed, with XB360 footage being shown.

Quite often it's even none of the above, and they show downsampled dev bull-footage or bull-shots (using a crazy high natvie resolution and down-sampling it to 1080P). Most marketing shots are done that way.
post #102 of 450 Old 11-08-2013, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

It's pretty common. They were doing it with some titles after E3 calling PC stuff PS4. Also remember it happening in the early days of PS3 when it was reversed, with XB360 footage being shown.

Quite often it's even none of the above, and they show downsampled dev bull-footage or bull-shots (using a crazy high natvie resolution and down-sampling it to 1080P). Most marketing shots are done that way.

I guess this is just a really bad time for M$ to get caught doing it. Hell, I was stoked about getting the XB1 for FM5 but after hearing the lackluster amount of tracks and the fact that some classic tracks were left out might push me to get GT6.
post #103 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 06:56 AM

Liked: 12
I had almost forgotten about this game. New trailer with release date of May 27th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk

PSN - Brohdah
post #104 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by diy_canuck View Post

I had almost forgotten about this game. New trailer with release date of May 27th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk

Meh...lost interest in playing it. Already have a backlog of launch titles I've started and want to complete. Was super interested in it when it was originally announced as a launch title but now I have too little time to play the few games I have and want.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #105 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I've been looking forward to this. Unless the reviews are terrible, this is what will get me to buy a PS4.
post #106 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
They lost my day one purchase with the delay. Add to that how every time the game is shown, it looks even worse than before (graphically) and I am very cautious about the game.
Artman22 likes this.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #107 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

They lost my day one purchase with the delay. Add to that how every time the game is shown, it looks even worse than before (graphically) and I am very cautious about the game.

This is still my most anticipated game. I just read a good article (link below) about the decision to delay the release and some press that have had a chance to play a recent build. I am still hopeful that it will live up to its hype.

Why Watch Dogs went into hiding

XBL = jackalopes

PSN = ChitownJackalope

post #108 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 86
A delay for polish makes people lose their anticipation. And they wish all games worked out of the gate like Battlefield 4...
post #109 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Delay for polish fine but, why does this game look worse every time they show it? I really hope that trailer is from the 360/PS3 version because it no longer looks next gen. I remember being wow'd by the visuals when they first announced the game but now it looks about on par with GTA V. That's great for 360/PS3 owners, not so much for PS4/Xbone folks. This may not even get a spot in my GF Q now because come the end of May I hope to be playing MLB The Show and The Golf Club pretty heavily.

post #110 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

The delay was to downgrade the graphics. New video in the link.

http://www.everyeye.it/ps4/articoli/watch-dogs_hands-on_21862
post #111 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Full article at link:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hacking-and-hentai-one-ridiculous-hour-in-the-watch-dogs-sandbox/1100-6418125/

Hacking and Hentai: One Ridiculous Hour in the Watch Dogs Sandbox
Quote:
I never meant to leave that poor trucker stranded in the air. Here I was at the start of my hands-on experience with Watch Dogs, an hour-plus playthrough in which Ubisoft had given me carte blanche to do whatever I pleased within the game's virtual rendition of Chicago. DualShock 4 in hand, I was still trying to get my bearings. Everything around me seemed ripe for hacking: cell phones, security cameras, traffic signals.

Then, while marveling at just how many objects in the world I could manipulate, I accidentally hacked a set of traffic bollards. Stout metal pylons jolted up from the ground, a neat trick for evading the police should you ever find yourself in a high-speed chase. Only I wasn't in a high-speed chase. I was watching a perfectly innocent truck roll down a quiet one-way street when those bollards launched the front of the vehicle skyward, leaving its hapless driver suspended some ten feet off the ground.

He didn't take it well. He screamed. He panicked. It was awful. I swore then and there that he would be the last citizen I terrorized that day.

He would not be the last citizen I terrorized that day.
post #112 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Surely these are fake or at least using PS/360 footage, if not then this is just sad:

gif in sopilers:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

More comparisons here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103414808&postcount=911

post #113 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I am glad the developer stopped and addressed things they saw as problems, rather than just selling it incomplete and patching it later. I am becoming increasingly worried that all this work on the A.I. has cost them a massive downgrade in visuals. Either that or they were showing target renderings, not game play, all the way up until the delay happened. I really want this game to deliver, but will be waiting on the reviews and word of mouth. Just in case the bugs really big.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #114 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
Graphics aren't why I'm interested in this game; it's the open-world gameplay. So if the graphics aren't as great as initially promised, I can live with that, as long as the gameplay is good enough.

On the other hand, this is a cross-gen game. What will distinguish the PS4 version from the PS3 version? If the AI of NPCs remains exactly the same, then the graphics ought to be better to compensate. Otherwise what's the point of a next-gen console?

As was mentioned in the Arkham Knight thread, cross-gen development has got to stop. Otherwise, it will remove gamers' motivations for getting a new console.
post #115 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

A.I. Is an area where there is huge room for improvement in most games. Hope this game turns out well.
post #116 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

Surely these are fake or at least using PS/360 footage, if not then this is just sad:

gif in sopilers:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

More comparisons here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103414808&postcount=911

If the PS4 looks at all like that I will never play it. Borderline PS2 graphics.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #117 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I seen the PS4 game play video and the graphics look like that. I expected nothing less tbh. They done it with FC3 and now with this game. When they showed it at E3. No way in sam's hell could these next gen consoles pull that off. I just knew it! Here you go. PS4 game play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEJSBu20Hqs PC folks are hoping its the holy grail version and looks like E3 version. News flash. Next gen consoles are the lead once AGAIN and crappy ports will continue. Deal with it. And stop buying these expensive cards to run unoptimized bad ports. That is why they keep getting more demanding with specs. Ubi had a chance to blow the roof off with this title for PC and make current next gen consoles look like NES. They lied to you AGAIN!
post #118 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 169
hehe fattiesgonewild, nice user name smile.gif

so this will be a part of the PS+ IGC in July?, hehe, i'm hoping the visuals get a boost, but it's ubisoft, they really focus on games with a ton of open world and easy franchise appeal to pump out annual sequels. Game will likely sell and a sequel will be released next year.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #119 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Nowhere in that video nor in the article did it mention that particular video was from PS4 gameplay. Considering that both GameSpot and the French website linked to earlier are using the same gameplay video, I assume it's no more than a marketing trailer. I definitely have my doubts, so it looks like I'll be waiting on reviews for this one or renting it from Gamefly first.

A lot of people are comparing the graphics and art style to GTAV. The art style in GTAV was certainly decent, but the aging hardware made the game look like a jagged mess most of the time. Even so, if that video is in fact an indicator as to what the "next gen" versions look like, I'd be interested to read what excuse Ubisoft comes up with.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #120 of 450 Old 03-06-2014, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Watch Dogs , Watch Dogs Limited Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version