nfl ticket on ps3 question???? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 06-30-2012, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I am moving soon and I must have the nfl ticket. Not sure that I can get the dish. So I guess I have to buy a playstation 3 and get the ticket. Did anyone have it last year? Can you give me some reviews and warnings. Heard some problems week 1 but after that it was great. How fast does my internet have to be? Would wi-fi work or is that too slow? Please help it would make my life eaiser if anyone knows.. thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-01-2012, 04:41 PM

Liked: 13
I had it last year and it was great. Week 1 had a lot of issues but other than that things were smooth. I'm on the 6 mbps with AT&T with wifi and i had no issues.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Wow!! Wi fi works. I thought you would have to have a direct connection. The price went down this year which is great too!
post #4 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 08:11 AM

Liked: 13
Yeah Wi-Fi will work if you have fast enough speed and a stable connection. I like it becuase you dont have to be a Directv subscriber.

You can watch all of the games in HD (except the ones playing locally). You can even pause or rewind games. It even includes the redzone channel.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Cant wait... Go Giants!!
post #6 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 144
What if you're in an area where you can still get Direct TV ? I thought that this was available only to people who live in areas where they can't get the Direct TV signal, because of too many trees blocking the view or something ?
post #7 of 9 Old 07-03-2012, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

What if you're in an area where you can still get Direct TV ? I thought that this was available only to people who live in areas where they can't get the Direct TV signal, because of too many trees blocking the view or something ?

No. This is the biggest misconception about the PS3 NFL ST availability. It is available too EVERYONE. Whether you are a subscriber to DirecTV, or not. Or whether or not, you live in a place where you can get DirecTV, or not. Does not matter.

The BIG question is this for 2012:

Will the NFL ST be available to NON DIRECTV SUBSCRIBERS for $199, or $349(like last year)? This is the big unknown. DirecTV released a statement earlier this year that NFL ST will be available for $199 "FOR CUSTOMERS OF DIRECTV." Of course, this is the price for those who don't threaten cancelling their service. You do that, they usually give it too you for free.

Anyway, it WILL be available to anyone with a PS3. No Doubt. Whether you are a DirecTV sub, or not. Does not matter if you can get it or not. Now, it is unknown if NONSUBS will get the $199 price, or last years $349 price. This is the big unknown.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-03-2012, 08:41 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

No. This is the biggest misconception about the PS3 NFL ST availability. It is available too EVERYONE. Whether you are a subscriber to DirecTV, or not. Or whether or not, you live in a place where you can get DirecTV, or not. Does not matter.
The BIG question is this for 2012:
Will the NFL ST be available to NON DIRECTV SUBSCRIBERS for $199, or $349(like last year)? This is the big unknown. DirecTV released a statement earlier this year that NFL ST will be available for $199 "FOR CUSTOMERS OF DIRECTV." Of course, this is the price for those who don't threaten cancelling their service. You do that, they usually give it too you for free.
Anyway, it WILL be available to anyone with a PS3. No Doubt. Whether you are a DirecTV sub, or not. Does not matter if you can get it or not. Now, it is unknown if NONSUBS will get the $199 price, or last years $349 price. This is the big unknown.

I have a feeling NFL ST will be more then $199 for the PS3. To access the games online, Directv is charging $100 more over the $199 price. I don't think they would charge $199 for the PS3 and then charge $299 for it's customers to access the online streams of games. I would guess it will be $299 for the PS3. Of course I could be wrong.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-03-2012, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 285
Just find a friend that will be doing the ST anyways, and have them add on the streaming ability and pay the difference. It was only $50 last year, but even if it goes up to $100 this year, you are still saving money doing it this way.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page