Can't move past the far left Users column on my PS3..... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-15-2012, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I downloaded the updates yesterday and installed netflix. I watched about 10 mins of a movie, stopped it and turned the game off because we had a birthday party to attend.
This morning I got up and went back in to finish watching the movie. I got into netflix just fine then the movie would not start. So I went out to select another movie to see if that would work. It also would not start. Then the selection window started jumping from one movie to the next so I signed out of netflix.

When I went back to the PS3 menu I couldn't get past the Users column. I'd "arrow" to the right and it would just snap back to the users column.
I don't know what is going on. I don't use the console that often and it may have 50 hrs of actual use since I got it in January. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-15-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Sounds like your controller is borked. One of the buttons or something is sticking. Or the controller could have a short (sometimes caused by liquid or dirt).
ozhawk likes this.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #3 of 5 Old 07-15-2012, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Pulled the wired controller off of the shelf and had no problems with it. Just never checked this because I am shocked that the wireless controller was no longer working. It isn't dirt or liquids, but probably a bad switch. It's been in a desk drawer since it's last use 3 or 4 months ago. I really appreciate your help with this though I really do. Just a little disappointed in the quality and workmanship of a controller that I've only used for 50 hrs.

Thanks Again
post #4 of 5 Old 07-15-2012, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Try using the wireless controller with the USB cable connected.

bg
post #5 of 5 Old 07-16-2012, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

When I pulled it out of the drawer the day that I first loaded Netflix I had to use the USB cable because with it sitting in a drawer for so long I had to recharge it. I still had it hooked up to the cable the next day when I started having the problem. It may just be a defective controller since I have been able to use my wired controller since the last posting w/o any problems at all.

I have taken controller apart before, but never any of the newer ones. So that it is not a complete waste of money I will take this one apart and play with it w/o feeling to much pain. "If it doesn't work and I ain't paying to have it repaired it becomes a science project so that I can try to learn something new, ha, ha, ha.

Take Care and Thanks wink.gif
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page