Little Big Karting Beta - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2012, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Just downloaded it and it's pretty awesome so far. Anyone know of any good community tracks?

500 gigs FTW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I've only had a chance to try the main story path tracks. I can't figure out the weapon shielding mechanic. In the tutorial it took me over 20 attempts until I got it right and I could complete the tutorial. In the regular story tracks I have yet to activate it successfully. I hit square as soon as the shield symbol appears when I have a weapon power up as the instructions state, but I still get wacked. It's almost instantaneous. I hope they fix this. The shielding mechanic in Modnation Racers was much more forgiving as long as you activated it before getting hit--but you always had plenty of warning and clear indication of the proximity of the approaching weapon.

I'm also still trying to figure out how the different weapon power ups work. Otherwise, I'm enjoying this so far; looking forward to some online racing as soon as I get a better feel for all the mechanics.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
How do you get in on the beta?

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

Old 07-18-2012, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

How do you get in on the beta?

You needed to register on Sony's website at the start of this month. I don't know if they are still accepting new registrants, but here's the link: http://us.playstation.com/agegate/index.htm
and the original blog post: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/06/littlebigplanet-karting-beta-dates-announced-san-diego-game-jam-recap/

I hope they are accepting more as there didn't seem to be many online last night.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 35
So is this the same game as ModNation but with sackboy instead of the mods? Sure looks like Sony said...we have this mascot already why the HELL did we try to do ModNation instead of this in teh first place?

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1529034/conspiracy-basement-build
Old 07-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
At least it doesn't have modnation's ridiculous load times. It's pretty fun from what I played. Gamespot has/had a bunch of keys.

psn: markcusd
X1: MarkcusD
Old 07-26-2012, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
So, I just got invited to the beta on Tuesday with a code, and when I turned my PS3 on yesterday, I noticed that it had already been downloaded. Is it finally open completely to the public?

I played a couple of the story tracks, and one of the user generated, and it seems pretty fun. I don't know if it's enough to make me want to buy it when it comes out, though.

One thing I noticed is that there is a 3D option in the settings, but it doesn't seem to be active in the beta. Can someone else with a 3D tv confirm that it isn't a usable option in the beta and not just some compatibility issue with my LG?

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
Old 07-26-2012, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post

So, I just got invited to the beta on Tuesday with a code, and when I turned my PS3 on yesterday, I noticed that it had already been downloaded. Is it finally open completely to the public?
I played a couple of the story tracks, and one of the user generated, and it seems pretty fun. I don't know if it's enough to make me want to buy it when it comes out, though.
One thing I noticed is that there is a 3D option in the settings, but it doesn't seem to be active in the beta. Can someone else with a 3D tv confirm that it isn't a usable option in the beta and not just some compatibility issue with my LG?

I believe the beta has now been pushed to Plus subs. You can also get a code by registering at IGN and Gamespot (if you aren't already a registered user).

I know it's just a beta and not an official demo, but at this point I would be giving this a pass, even though I bought both LBP games and MNR on release day. I just don't like how the karts handle (too loose) and other gameplay mechanics, including the shields and the confusing array of weapons that hardly ever seem to hit their target. The creation tools also didn't feel as intuitive as I would've liked based on my experience creating in LBP and MNR.

With some improvements, this could be something I pick up down the road after a price drop, but with all the other expected AAA titles in early 2013, I can't justify my pre-order anymore.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Here's a link to Joystiq's beta key page (until supplies run out).

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Not a plus member and they emailed me a beta download code without me even asking a couple of days ago.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Here's a link to Joystiq's beta key page (until supplies run out).
I never bothered to try to get into the beta but I tried your link and now I'm in. That was quick. I wish I can say the same about the download though. It's 3506MB. Too bad I can only try it on my PS3. I was hoping I can use my PS Vita. Am I right?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

I never bothered to try to get into the beta but I tried your link and now I'm in. That was quick. I wish I can say the same about the download though. It's 3506MB. Too bad I can only try it on my PS3. I was hoping I can use my PS Vita. Am I right?

Heh. I woke up and it was on my PS3. Gotta love PS+. biggrin.gif

I doubt this beta is cross platform. It doesn't even appear that all of the features are active (ie 3D). But, I'm not basing the "no Vita at this time" on anything other than pure speculation on my part.

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?