Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 07-18-2012, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
EA has announced Battlefield 4:

http://www.1up.com/news/battlefield-4-announced-too-soon

This is definitely odd timing in my opinion. There are still DLC's that will be released for BF3. In the linked article above, it says that people who pre order Medal of Honor: Warfighter will receive Battlefield 4 beta access in the fall of 2013.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-18-2012, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
How is it too early? Unlike most developers, DICE doesn't abandon their games. I think the free map pack and the Vietnam pack for Bad Company 2 came out after BF3 was announced. Plus they did a pretty significant patch to the game along with the free maps.

Black Ops 2 was announced six months after MW3 and no one said that game was announced too early.

500 gigs FTW.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-18-2012, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Nah, not too early at all. It's over a year away.

Two years between game editions is fine.

Hell, CoD gets away with one year between.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #4 of 11 Old 07-18-2012, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

How is it too early? Unlike most developers, DICE doesn't abandon their games. I think the free map pack and the Vietnam pack for Bad Company 2 came out after BF3 was announced. Plus they did a pretty significant patch to the game along with the free maps.
Black Ops 2 was announced six months after MW3 and no one said that game was announced too early.

I believe you're right. I forgot about the Vietnam pack and the announcement of BF3. I just didn't recall them announcing another BF this early, but I guess it's normal. Either way, I definitely will be looking forward to its release.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-18-2012, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

I refute your claims that DICE doesn't abandon their games.

They never fixed the microphone problem with Bad Company (mic still had issues, and it took them over 6 months to get it semi-working) and 1943 (non-functional, exact same issues as the Bad Company mic issue).

I boycotted Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3. I think I heard there was some mic issues in Bad Company 2?
post #6 of 11 Old 07-19-2012, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I hope its better than 3... I had a lot of fun with BFBC2 but this game just isn't "fun" too many cheesers and awful weapon leveling crap and not enough terrain destruction. Not to mention the co-op was garbage and the single player AI was total rubbish. They should just straight up make a Multiplayer game and leave the dumb wasted gimmicks on making a real open world destructable game with plenty of vehicles (the running in this game is infuriating at times)
post #7 of 11 Old 07-23-2012, 05:51 PM

Worst game i ever played this year is battlefield 3. Total waste of my money......downright annoying with it's long loading time and crappy graphics. trying hard to imitate black ops and failing miserably.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-24-2012, 05:52 AM

]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ral b View Post

Worst game i ever played this year is battlefield 3. Total waste of my money......downright annoying with it's long loading time and crappy graphics. trying hard to imitate black ops and failing miserably.

In your opinion you mean right? ....... I used to be an all out cod player 1.60 k/d ..run and gun NO CAMPING EVER ... and bf3 IMO is 10x better than cod ...In cod its just the same old stuff over and over and over again ....at least in battlefield you have heli's, tanks, jeeps, jets, tractors, ect..... You can blow up anything you want it actually blows up.... In cod nope ..... Same old stuff run kill 2 ppl , die . Run kill 2 ppl die. ....I actually had bf3 when it first came out and sold it .....I thought the guns sucked and I couldn't kill anyone ...... Then my brother bought it for me ... I gave it like a week and now it has been the only game in my ps3 for past 3 months ... I used to be a COD Fan boy ... Now I'm a batttlefield beast.....the Only thing I miss about Cod is that I can't talk **** to the other team ....

To add a few things i want in bf4

Be able to make squads bigger...when you need to ...so at least you can invite more than 3 friends .... ( at the least in the menus) ..and be able to have more ppl play an objective

Be able to talk **** to the other team ...I love getting ppl wound up ( especially newbs ) ..all in good fun though ..

Back on topic:D
post #9 of 11 Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Don' t feed the troll ratherb1! LoL

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #10 of 11 Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherb1 View Post

]
In your opinion you mean right? ....... I used to be an all out cod player 1.60 k/d ..run and gun NO CAMPING EVER ... and bf3 IMO is 10x better than cod ...In cod its just the same old stuff over and over and over again ....at least in battlefield you have heli's, tanks, jeeps, jets, tractors, ect..... You can blow up anything you want it actually blows up.... In cod nope ..... Same old stuff run kill 2 ppl , die . Run kill 2 ppl die. ....I actually had bf3 when it first came out and sold it .....I thought the guns sucked and I couldn't kill anyone ...... Then my brother bought it for me ... I gave it like a week and now it has been the only game in my ps3 for past 3 months ... I used to be a COD Fan boy ... Now I'm a batttlefield beast.....the Only thing I miss about Cod is that I can't talk **** to the other team ....
To add a few things i want in bf4
Be able to make squads bigger...when you need to ...so at least you can invite more than 3 friends .... ( at the least in the menus) ..and be able to have more ppl play an objective
Be able to talk **** to the other team ...I love getting ppl wound up ( especially newbs ) ..all in good fun though ..
Back on topic:D

I'M refering to the single player mode....love the online portion. you just can't win them all.
post #11 of 11 Old 07-24-2012, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ral b View Post

I'M refering to the single player mode....love the online portion. you just can't win them all.

For the most part, I agree with you (had to force myself to play single player). But I remember really enjoying the latter part of the game -- if Dice could have made the entire campaign like the last 3 chapters, it would have been awesome. It looks like EA is going to focus on Medal of Honor and the main Battlefield series now, and that Bad Company is going on the backburner for a while. It's too bad, because Bad Company's humor was pretty unique amongst the COD4 clones.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page