Raising Arizona DVD playing with black borders on all sides (solved) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-20-2012, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay, tried searching and after playing with the video setting nothing seems to work. On my old fat PS3, I don't recall this being a problem, but playing a old DVD on the new slim ( Raising Arizona), there are black bars on all sides. Any way to get the picture bigger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-20-2012, 10:59 PM

Liked: 32
Honest opinion, learn about how to use the settings on the PS3 & tv properly. If you want to upscale the DVD for a 16:9 tv, you will need to set the TV for Full Screen or 16:9, and set the PS3 for the proper settings when upscaling DVD material on a tv. Some DVD's will not fill the screen, and will leave you either a border on the top and bottom, or left & right, so only you will know, with the equipment you have, and learning how to use it.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-21-2012, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Greg. Yes, all the settings are proper on my TV and on the PS3. I tested some other DVD's and they are fine, and I should have done that before making a hasty post last night after a beer or two. It turns out it is just the Raising Arizona DVD that does it. Weird because the menu appears to be normal, but the playback shrinks the picture (it is a widescreen DVD). I solved the problem by ordering the Bluray smile.gif. It is one of my favorite movies afterall.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-21-2012, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Further investigation finds out that the old DVD for Raising Arizona is non-anamorphic. I guess I could have used the Zoom feature to watch it. Again, the bluray will fix this.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-24-2012, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
I just saw this a few weeks ago. Such a good movie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page