Grand Theft Auto 5 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 37 Old 08-24-2012, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
GTA V is not coming out in 2012. Come on people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 08-24-2012, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

It isn't that it can't compete. They want Halo to shine and COD to shine and MS and Rockstar want GTA to shine all by themselves in the timeframes that work for everyone. We do not matter that we want the game today. I keep saying MS because MS actually markets both their exclusives and multiplatform games. Halo is being focused along with COD. We are not going to see GTA in lass than 20 days before Halo releases. It is funny because you seriously believe this game is going to come in less than two months. Your guess is all based on what they did on a series years ago that was exclusive.
Three screenshots that resulted in over ten thousand comments in a day on Rockstar's Newswire say you're very very wrong.
LMAO okay

I can't think of any game that gets that much buzz over some simple screenshots. My guess is based off the earnings report, the fact that they said they don't want to give up too much of the game before it releases, and the fact that October is GTA's traditional launch month. But you take the safe route and say next year and I'll stick with the risk route and say October. Either way, no one but Rockstar know, so it's pointless to even debate this any further.

500 gigs FTW.
post #33 of 37 Old 08-24-2012, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

I can't think of any game that gets that much buzz over some simple screenshots. My guess is based off the earnings report, the fact that they said they don't want to give up too much of the game before it releases, and the fact that October is GTA's traditional launch month. But you take the safe route and say next year and I'll stick with the risk route and say October.
Considering the only thing anyone is "risking" here is being wrong, I don't think the stakes are very high. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Either way, no one but Rockstar know, so it's pointless to even debate this any further.
I doubt even Rockstar knows. They likely have a "target" window that they discuss internally, but they probably have enough unknowns at this point that even they don't know the exact release date. Not only do they still have development work to do, but with a game this big, they have to coordinate with marketing, global production/distribution, and work within the larger Take Two release schedule.

Setting a release date is no easy thing for a major title like this.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #34 of 37 Old 08-24-2012, 11:38 PM

Liked: 10
I hope they spend more time getting the PS3 version up to par this time around, I am still mildly annoyed with the inferiority of GTA4 and RDR on the PS3 as compared to the 360.
post #35 of 37 Old 08-25-2012, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by n5667 View Post

I hope they spend more time getting the PS3 version up to par this time around, I am still mildly annoyed with the inferiority of GTA4 and RDR on the PS3 as compared to the 360.
Probably depends on whether or not they're using the same engine. I think Max Payne 3 used a modified version of that engine, but I haven't played MP3 on PS3 so I'm not sure how it compares to older iterations in GTAIV or RDR.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #36 of 37 Old 08-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

Probably depends on whether or not they're using the same engine. I think Max Payne 3 used a modified version of that engine, but I haven't played MP3 on PS3 so I'm not sure how it compares to older iterations in GTAIV or RDR.

To my knowledge this generation R* RAGE engine has been modified & updated since GTA IV, RDR, and Max Payne 3. LA Noire was published under R*'s & Take 2's name but that tech & engine was mostly done by Team Bondi.

Max Payne 3's graphics were really nice compared to GTA IV & RDR.The only thing I didn't like was the size of the weapon system wheel hud.It's similar to the same weapon system seen in RDR.

Also I read some articles saying that R* San Diego was mainly responsible for creating the RAGE graphics engine. Also I've seen reports saying that they were involved and helping R* North with GTA V.
post #37 of 37 Old 08-26-2012, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Just as long as they don't use what ever engine it was that made people's PS3's run hot and have the fans kick into high gear when playing L.A. Noire.
Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page