Grand Theft Auto 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 08-20-2012, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Kevin12586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
3 screenshots were released today.....





Kevin12586 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 Old 08-20-2012, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Yup. Game should be out this October. Look at the plate on the Cheetah. Expires in 2013, which means it was registered in October of this year. Coincidence? I hope not.

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
post #3 of 37 Old 08-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
Filipinoyakuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 917
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Yup. Game should be out this October. Look at the plate on the Cheetah. Expires in 2013, which means it was registered in October of this year. Coincidence? I hope not.

That's wishful thinking and it's not happening.

We won't see GTA V until Spring 2013 at the earliest.
Filipinoyakuza is offline  
post #4 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 06:24 AM
Member
 
Tampa Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The all-knowing game stop (pause for laughter) said it would be out in October of 2013... hopefully these Mayans don't F with my GTA5 plans! tongue.gif
Tampa Tom is offline  
post #5 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 52
When we first heard about this game and the rumors started about October of this year, I was stoked. Seeing as there is little, to no info out there, it's really looking like it will be impossible for this to be released this year.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tom Imp is offline  
post #6 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
It made little sense at the time to believe this was really coming in October or this year just because of a fiscal report which goes into 2013. The GTA games usually release around April/May time.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #7 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
confidenceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,984
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

When we first heard about this game and the rumors started about October of this year, I was stoked. Seeing as there is little, to no info out there, it's really looking like it will be impossible for this to be released this year.
I don't remember hearing October. I assumed it would get released no sooner than April of next year. Hell, with as little as they've shown, I wouldn't be shocked to see this as a launch game for next gen.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
confidenceman is offline  
post #8 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
jayoldschool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm at 13% on GTA4. Bought it on launch day. I guess I should get going.
jayoldschool is offline  
post #9 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 10:35 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
I wonder if they'll allow the public to see and play the console versions this time before release. They really hoodwinked a lot of us with their media released for GTA4.
TyrantII is offline  
post #10 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
^^^ Yeah, they did. But they were on point with what they showed of Red Dead Redemption. So I'm not worried about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipinoyakuza View Post

That's wishful thinking and it's not happening.
We won't see GTA V until Spring 2013 at the earliest.

You don't know that. Rocktar even said that they're going to keep quiet about the game until its release. Well, they've started talking about it, so the release must be getting close. Look at the iPhone 5. We don't know anything about it and it comes out in a couple of months. Rockstar could get away with the exact same strategy with a game as popular and anticipated as GTA V.

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
post #11 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

I don't remember hearing October. I assumed it would get released no sooner than April of next year. Hell, with as little as they've shown, I wouldn't be shocked to see this as a launch game for next gen.

If those are next gen graphics, then I am not impressed. Clearly that is basicly the same version of RAGE that they've been using. Albeit with much better lighting from what I can tell.

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
post #12 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

^^^ Yeah, they did. But they were on point with what they showed of Red Dead Redemption. So I'm not worried about it.
You don't know that. Rocktar even said that they're going to keep quiet about the game until its release. Well, they've started talking about it, so the release must be getting close. Look at the iPhone 5. We don't know anything about it and it comes out in a couple of months. Rockstar could get away with the exact same strategy with a game as popular and anticipated as GTA V.

Your comparing an iPhone that is released yearly and when presented launches a week after to a game in a series that comes every couple of years?

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #13 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
confidenceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,984
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

If those are next gen graphics, then I am not impressed. Clearly that is basicly the same version of RAGE that they've been using. Albeit with much better lighting from what I can tell.
But there's nothing to judge. All we've seen is a trailer which may or may not reflect the final tech. Now all we're getting are screenshots, which tell us nothing about the tech. Once we get some gameplay footage, then we'll know. As with all games, the proof is in the gameplay pudding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool 
I'm at 13% on GTA4. Bought it on launch day. I guess I should get going.
Just play through the first act/island. Absolutely top notch GTA experience. But after that, it gets boring and meandering.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
confidenceman is offline  
post #14 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
jhaines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

It made little sense at the time to believe this was really coming in October or this year just because of a fiscal report which goes into 2013. The GTA games usually release around April/May time.
Just about every major GTA release before GTA IV came out in October, and GTA IV was originally planned for October before slipping into the following year.

Historical GTA release dates

- Jer
jhaines is offline  
post #15 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

But there's nothing to judge. All we've seen is a trailer which may or may not reflect the final tech. Now all we're getting are screenshots, which tell us nothing about the tech. Once we get some gameplay footage, then we'll know. As with all games, the proof is in the gameplay pudding.
Just play through the first act/island. Absolutely top notch GTA experience. But after that, it gets boring and meandering.

Have you ever seen GTA marketing before? It is almost a certainty that Rockstar will release zero gameplay footage of this game prior to its release. Cinematic style trailers, which are in engine, is all we're likely to get. If you think they'll put out a video of what it'll be like to actually play the game, you're more than likely sadly mistaken. I think the reason they did it with Red Dead and Max Payne is because those franchises needed a bigger marketing push in order to create a buzz among gamers. Something that GTA does all on its own. The creator of GTA has said that they don't want to give too much info on this game. And that's exactly what we're getting so far. So...

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
post #16 of 37 Old 08-21-2012, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

Your comparing an iPhone that is released yearly and when presented launches a week after to a game in a series that comes every couple of years?

No, I'm stating that Rockstar may be taking a page from Apple's marketing book.

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
post #17 of 37 Old 08-22-2012, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines View Post

Just about every major GTA release before GTA IV came out in October, and GTA IV was originally planned for October before slipping into the following year.
Historical GTA release dates
- Jer

So far this gen their games like Red Dead and Max Payne have ll released by Spring. It isn't coming this October.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #18 of 37 Old 08-22-2012, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
confidenceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,984
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Have you ever seen GTA marketing before? It is almost a certainty that Rockstar will release zero gameplay footage of this game prior to its release. Cinematic style trailers, which are in engine, is all we're likely to get. If you think they'll put out a video of what it'll be like to actually play the game, you're more than likely sadly mistaken. I think the reason they did it with Red Dead and Max Payne is because those franchises needed a bigger marketing push in order to create a buzz among gamers. Something that GTA does all on its own. The creator of GTA has said that they don't want to give too much info on this game. And that's exactly what we're getting so far. So...
Except that Rockstar knows that it soured a lot of fans with GTA4. I'm sure it'll sell well if they ignore those issues, but if they want it to really sell well, they'll show us some of what's under the hood. They can't expect everyone just to blindly take them at their word that those issues have been remedied.

And in-engine cut-scenes are meaningless for this series--especially since in the few years after GTA4's release, the bar for cinematics has been set so high. Am I excited? Hell, yes. Am I persuaded to buy it at launch? Not by a long shot.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
confidenceman is offline  
post #19 of 37 Old 08-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
jhaines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

So far this gen their games like Red Dead and Max Payne have ll released by Spring. It isn't coming this October.
I'm not saying that GTA V is coming out this October. I'm just saying that your assertion that GTA games typically come out in April/May is factually incorrect.

- Jer
jhaines is offline  
post #20 of 37 Old 08-22-2012, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
^^^ Truth. The only reason GTA 4 didn't come out in October is because it was delayed. Otherwise, it would have come out in October just like all the other GTAs. Amazing how quickly people forget.

Oh, and there are three spots for new screens on the GTA V page. I expect those this week as well. Probably Friday.

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
post #21 of 37 Old 08-23-2012, 07:05 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Maybe they can give us shots without DOF blur?

tongue.gif
TyrantII is offline  
post #22 of 37 Old 08-23-2012, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

I don't remember hearing October. I assumed it would get released no sooner than April of next year. Hell, with as little as they've shown, I wouldn't be shocked to see this as a launch game for next gen.

It was never anything official. Just rumors based on the reasoning below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines View Post

Just about every major GTA release before GTA IV came out in October, and GTA IV was originally planned for October before slipping into the following year.
Historical GTA release dates
- Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

^^^ Truth. The only reason GTA 4 didn't come out in October is because it was delayed. Otherwise, it would have come out in October just like all the other GTAs. Amazing how quickly people forget.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tom Imp is offline  
post #23 of 37 Old 08-23-2012, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
My reasoning is their financial report. They claim Rockstar will make 55 percent of 1.8 billion by March 31st of next year. So a March release is out. And so is a February release because of Bioshock Infinite. What major game releases in January, just after Christmas? December is out because it's December. November is the month of CoD and Halo. So that leaves GTA's traditional month of October. And the best day is the 16th because only a dancing game comes out that day. All other Tuesdays in October have a big game coming out, if I'm not mistaken. So my prediction is October 16th of this year.

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
post #24 of 37 Old 08-23-2012, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
confidenceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,984
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

My reasoning is their financial report. They claim Rockstar will make 55 percent of 1.8 billion by March 31st of next year. So a March release is out. And so is a February release because of Bioshock Infinite. What major game releases in January, just after Christmas? December is out because it's December. November is the month of CoD and Halo. So that leaves GTA's traditional month of October. And the best day is the 16th because only a dancing game comes out that day. All other Tuesdays in October have a big game coming out, if I'm not mistaken. So my prediction is October 16th of this year.
You do realize that's less than two months away, right? It'll get released in 2013.

As for the high projected 2012 earnings, not sure about the specific breakdown by studio, but Take Two has a huge lineup of announced releases through March 2012: Borderlands 2 (September), NBA 2K13 (October), and Bioshock Infinite (February) will all be multi-million unit sellers. XCOM (October) could also be a moderate success. No need to put all their eggs in one basket by tossing GTAV into that already packed holiday mix--especially in October when they've got two major releases in that month, one of which is an unproven commodity.

EDIT: Some quick research suggests that Take Two had been pushing Rockstar to get the game out this fiscal year (by the end of March 2013, like you say), but the lack of any solid announcement has most analysts assuming that Rockstar isn't ready to release it yet. And these analysts seem pretty confident it'll be a first-quarter 2013 release. But "grain of salt" and all that. Take Two's release schedule does have a big gap in March. wink.gif

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
confidenceman is offline  
post #25 of 37 Old 08-23-2012, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

My reasoning is their financial report. They claim Rockstar will make 55 percent of 1.8 billion by March 31st of next year. So a March release is out. And so is a February release because of Bioshock Infinite. What major game releases in January, just after Christmas? December is out because it's December. November is the month of CoD and Halo. So that leaves GTA's traditional month of October. And the best day is the 16th because only a dancing game comes out that day. All other Tuesdays in October have a big game coming out, if I'm not mistaken. So my prediction is October 16th of this year.

LMAO

The whole traditional launch of GTA has been due to it being released exclusively for Playstation in prior gens. It was THE game to get on the Playstation going into the holidays. SInce this generation their big games like GTA IV and Red Dead have been in the Spring and they have found success for that because of the COD/Halo launches in the September-November time frame. So I am sure the dlelay in October at the time had a big part in not wanting to compete against a yearly COD for the holidays. It was also the first time that GTA launched as a non exclusive on both consoles. Microsoft doesn't want GTA to compete against their exclusive for consumers and it simply doesn't make sense. GTA is a "most anticipated game of the year type release" Just like Halo which regardless that GTA is a multiplatform game It isn't going to just creep up on us and release in the next 2 months. Microsoft is going to give it the same push it gives all the big multiplatform games. They do it for COD and they did it for GTA at the time along with the exclusive DLC they got for it. It isn't coming without a major marketing push. Claiming it doesn't need it is irrelevant to the fact that the companies know advertising is going to work in their favor.

The point is they not looking for you and I who would pick this up and they said it will release on Tuesday next week. They are looking for average consumers to not only pick up the game and the consoles to go with it. GTA will have a bundle and a marketing push.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #26 of 37 Old 08-23-2012, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

You do realize that's less than two months away, right? It'll get released in 2013.
As for the high projected 2012 earnings, not sure about the specific breakdown by studio, but Take Two has a huge lineup of announced releases through March 2012: Borderlands 2 (September), NBA 2K13 (October), and Bioshock Infinite (February) will all be multi-million unit sellers. XCOM (October) could also be a moderate success. No need to put all their eggs in one basket by tossing GTAV into that already packed holiday mix--especially in October when they've got two major releases in that month, one of which is an unproven commodity.
EDIT: Some quick research suggests that Take Two had been pushing Rockstar to get the game out this fiscal year (by the end of March 2013, like you say), but the lack of any solid announcement has most analysts assuming that Rockstar isn't ready to release it yet. And these analysts seem pretty confident it'll be a first-quarter 2013 release. But "grain of salt" and all that. Take Two's release schedule does have a big gap in March. wink.gif


Thanks for proving my point. Rockstar doesn't make any of the big sellers you mentioned. So they must have something big coming that's expected to make more money than all those games combined. Gee, I wonder what that could be. And what's your point in its only two months away? San Andreas got its first trailer two months before it released. We got a trailer for V last November.

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
post #27 of 37 Old 08-23-2012, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Thanks for proving my point. Rockstar doesn't make any of the big sellers you mentioned. So they must have something big coming that's expected to make more money than all those games combined. Gee, I wonder what that could be. And what's your point in its only two months away? San Andreas got its first trailer two months before it released. We got a trailer for V last November.

Rockstar is still owned by Take-Two which is who they answer to. San Andreas was also a PS2 exclusive to a series that was dominating at the time. GTA doesn't have that biggest game of the year factor around this tinow now during this year because of the competition. Why do you keep trying to bring in how things were 8 years ago in a prior gen in a different climate? What company do you know that just decides to release a high profile game in less than two months after announcing a release date which basically should be anytime from now to October 15th by your estimation.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #28 of 37 Old 08-23-2012, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
^^^ You don't think GTA can compete with the likes of Call of Duty and such? LOL. That's a good one. I'd say that right now, it's the most anticipated game there is. Three screenshots that resulted in over ten thousand comments in a day on Rockstar's Newswire say you're very very wrong.

500 gigs FTW.
blklightning is offline  
post #29 of 37 Old 08-23-2012, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

^^^ You don't think GTA can compete with the likes of Call of Duty and such? LOL. That's a good one. I'd say that right now, it's the most anticipated game there is. .

It isn't that it can't compete. They want Halo to shine and COD to shine and MS and Rockstar want GTA to shine all by themselves in the timeframes that work for everyone. We do not matter that we want the game today. I keep saying MS because MS actually markets both their exclusives and multiplatform games. Halo is being focused along with COD. We are not going to see GTA in lass than 20 days before Halo releases. It is funny because you seriously believe this game is going to come in less than two months. Your guess is all based on what they did on a series years ago that was exclusive.

Three screenshots that resulted in over ten thousand comments in a day on Rockstar's Newswire say you're very very wrong.

LMAO okay

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #30 of 37 Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
confidenceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,984
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Thanks for proving my point. Rockstar doesn't make any of the big sellers you mentioned. So they must have something big coming that's expected to make more money than all those games combined.
There's a lot of baggage behind those projected earnings reports. And it matters greatly that Take Two has other major releases to coordinate. Also, those earnings projections are coming from Take Two, not Rockstar. And to top it off, Take Two is on somewhat shaky ground right now with its investors. They need to make the business end look as promising and hopeful as possible to investors.

We're a good eight months out from March 2013. Lots of time for things to change. And as with most things in life, I'd love to be proven wrong, and I'd love to see GTAV out by October. I just don't think it will happen. They'll give Bioshock some breathing room, and then sometime after that, we'll see GTAV. March, April, May, perhaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

^^^ You don't think GTA can compete with the likes of Call of Duty and such? LOL. That's a good one. I'd say that right now, it's the most anticipated game there is. Three screenshots that resulted in over ten thousand comments in a day on Rockstar's Newswire say you're very very wrong.
It's not that. You're absolutely right. It would sell great going toe to toe against CoD. But it would sell even better without another gaming behemoth nearby. wink.gif

Unlike other series, GTA will sell well regardless of the time of year. It doesn't need the holiday boost.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
confidenceman is offline  
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off