Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 173 Old 03-19-2014, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Anyone know if the game spawns enemies during alerts, or are there a fixed number of AI? Curious about a "guns-blazing" play thru and if it's worth it or not.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @gundumgaming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 173 Old 03-19-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
That's a good question. It would probably be pretty easy on Normal difficulty to just go Rambo on everybody if they were limited to a certain amount. I would guess some more guys show up via trucks but I don't know. I will have to try it tonight. There should be a trophy for that biggrin.gif
post #153 of 173 Old 03-19-2014, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 31
FYI, collecting all nine XOF patches unlocks the final side ops mission.
freemeat likes this.

PSN Username -

XBOX LIVE Gamertag -
Steam Username -
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
post #154 of 173 Old 03-19-2014, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I managed to get the tranquilizer gun (at least, that's what I think it is? Its silent) but whenever I shoot a guard they never go down - instead the just notice me and sound alarms and its all over before I know what happened. What am I doing wrong? I thought they are supposed to go down with one shot - at least that's what I saw in a trailer. Thanks.
post #155 of 173 Old 03-19-2014, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Head shot is one shot. Body shot takes more time for them to go down.
post #156 of 173 Old 03-19-2014, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

I managed to get the tranquilizer gun (at least, that's what I think it is? Its silent) but whenever I shoot a guard they never go down - instead the just notice me and sound alarms and its all over before I know what happened. What am I doing wrong? I thought they are supposed to go down with one shot - at least that's what I saw in a trailer. Thanks.

It depends. Headshot equals instant take down, any other body part is about a 10-15sec knockout time. Best way to play, is the find a corner where you know you wont have guard traffic and learn the enemies patrol path. Once you have it down, sneak up behind him when he is facing away, take a headshot, or if brave enough move in slowly for manual take down.

----

Finished the story, with a bit of hassle. New play system took some learning. Going to go back in and see how much more I can get done tomorrow then probably trade the game in Friday when I swoop up Infamous. Not bad, but def not worth $30; should've been a $10 DD at best. Good intro in what to expect. I honestly am on the fence about just how much improvement the fox engine adds. Close up some faces look great; the lighting adds lots of volume, but the smaller details (hair, rain drops, clothing material) just seem to be a "slight" improvement over MGS4. Perhaps when PP drops the engine will have been taken to level 11!

Twitch.tv:

post #157 of 173 Old 03-19-2014, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

It depends. Headshot equals instant take down, any other body part is about a 10-15sec knockout time. Best way to play, is the find a corner where you know you wont have guard traffic and learn the enemies patrol path. Once you have it down, sneak up behind him when he is facing away, take a headshot, or if brave enough move in slowly for manual take down.

----

Finished the story, with a bit of hassle. New play system took some learning. Going to go back in and see how much more I can get done tomorrow then probably trade the game in Friday when I swoop up Infamous. Not bad, but def not worth $30; should've been a $10 DD at best. Good intro in what to expect. I honestly am on the fence about just how much improvement the fox engine adds. Close up some faces look great; the lighting adds lots of volume, but the smaller details (hair, rain drops, clothing material) just seem to be a "slight" improvement over MGS4. Perhaps when PP drops the engine will have been taken to level 11!

Thanks guys. I thought I remembered seeing in walkthru from the developers that he used the tranqulizer gun from far away to pick off someone in a tower. In that case the guy didn't go down right away but I don't remember him opening fire either like I keep seeing happen.

As for your comments about the graphics - I tend to agree. I think in some ways the graphics are better than in Killzone, particularly in the cut scenes. But like you said the smaller details hard, rain, clothing, looks somewhat "inflexible" - stiff, which takes some of the realistic looking nature out of it. In the opening cut scene I thought the dogs looked great. But when they jumped up to put their front paws on the fence, the fence didn't budge. It may sound like nit picking, but it totally took me out of the moment and reminded me I was watching a video game. Little things like that where they were so close but didn't follow through with the one last detail.

Overall I think the game is good but I'm not having much fun with it because I totally stink at it and finding it hard to make any progress. They keep taking me out and I have to start back and the first checkpoint. This is definitely because I stick at these types of games and not the fault of the game, but it does get annoying and frustrating after a while just getting no where. Just as a comparison - I'm also playing Need for Speed Rivals (PS4) and its amazingly fun and great action and none of this type of frustration is present.
post #158 of 173 Old 03-20-2014, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 421
OK there is replay value here, not sure how much... I did a side op, well tried anyway. Couldn't take out the two US troops but went on and took out the AA guns. That wasn't bad and using the AA guns is a blast! The game actually gives you points for launching enemies! I can see spending quality time trying to get my sneak on.
post #159 of 173 Old 03-20-2014, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 713
this is the first metal gear game i didn't buy, couldn't justify the cost.. and i love metal gear..
post #160 of 173 Old 03-20-2014, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Yea I'm 50/50 on whether its worthwhile. I'm not huge on MG much less sneaky type games. I figure its something I can pop on when bored. Like a high dollar Indie. The graphics still don't impress me. Snakes suit is too plasticy if there is such a thing. Some parts really shine though. Like the reloads on rockets.
post #161 of 173 Old 03-20-2014, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 36
And...I'd LOVE to play some more missions tonight past the first one...but my PS4 controller is now broken. Right stick doesn't work right. Must have been those all of maybe 20 hours I've logged on it...mad.gif

post #162 of 173 Old 03-20-2014, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post

And...I'd LOVE to play some more missions tonight past the first one...but my PS4 controller is now broken. Right stick doesn't work right. Must have been those all of maybe 20 hours I've logged on it...mad.gif

If its new, its under warranty, send it back to Sony stat!

Twitch.tv:

post #163 of 173 Old 03-20-2014, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

OK there is replay value here, not sure how much... I did a side op, well tried anyway. Couldn't take out the two US troops but went on and took out the AA guns. That wasn't bad and using the AA guns is a blast! The game actually gives you points for launching enemies! I can see spending quality time trying to get my sneak on.

I spent 2hrs on the two troops side op...2hrs of taking down and extracting every single guard! LOL, answered my question of guard spawn, which is appearing to be in limited quantity. The trophies for the most part are easy enough to get, so thats keeping me going on the side ops. Still agree this is over priced, but Kojima did a good job with replay value. I had intended to trade this in tomorrow when I pick up second sons, but I just might hang on to it for a bit longer.

biggrin.gif

EDIT: Question...anyone notice if the game has been recording on auto-dvr? Mine has not (confirmed), only video I got was prior to starting a twitch stream earlier today.

Twitch.tv:

post #164 of 173 Old 03-21-2014, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

If its new, its under warranty, send it back to Sony stat!

Should still be, but Sony won't send boxes for shipping controllers. They want ME to pay the expenses so I can get my free replacement!

Looking online, I've found a ton of people who are all breaking their R2/L2 triggers and sending controllers back. These things are comfy but not built to last.

Slightly unethical, but since mine still looks brand new I may just buy a new one and try a return swap. Sony should be taking these things back free anyways. The actual problem is something with the right stick...when I hold up, it goes down most of the time in the game. But it FEELS like normal still. (tested on Killzone just to make sure it was the controller)

post #165 of 173 Old 03-21-2014, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Campaign / Side-Ops walkthroughs:

blog.games.com/2014/03/20/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes-walkthrough-and-guide/

post #166 of 173 Old 03-21-2014, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post

Campaign / Side-Ops walkthroughs:

blog.games.com/2014/03/20/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes-walkthrough-and-guide/

I think if you are dropping $30 for this and using a walk through should be after 20+ attempts! (that will only take 45 minutes to try that many times smile.gif ). Or after you have finished to see other ways of doing the objectives.
post #167 of 173 Old 03-24-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Was reading something on IGN about the ending having unsavory acts against Paz...don't think I saw that but was drunk when I finished. Definitely need to hit the main story again sober. Probably missed something important.
post #168 of 173 Old 06-09-2014, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 196
MGS:GZ sale on the PSN today,with extra PS+ savings: $10 PS3 and $15 PS4.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #169 of 173 Old 06-09-2014, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Still over-priced but less of a rip-off.
post #170 of 173 Old 06-09-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
I passed on the physical release at $20, so digital at $15 is still a bit much...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #171 of 173 Old 06-09-2014, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I think it is funny that the PS4 version is $5 more then the PS3 version when it is the exact same game. I bet the file sizes are almost identical as well. Guess it is the resolution tax.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #172 of 173 Old 06-12-2014, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I caved and picked this up. Just couldn't resist. I will say, it looks and plays great at 1080p and 60fps. Game play wise, yes it's the same game as the PS3 version, but it looks way better. Plus the PS3 is sub 720p and 30fps, so that's another knock against last gen.

It's a nice change of pace from Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein.
post #173 of 173 Old 07-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I bought the digital edition for PS4 when it was on sale, and have been playing it the last few days. I'm enjoying it; it looks great, and I like the way it really opens up stealth gameplay. So far I've completed the main mission and a couple of side ops; I think there's plenty of replay value if you're trying to get an S-rank on all missions.

For the side op where you take out two Marines, I went for the extraction route to get the trophy. That took a long time; I was searching all over the damn place for the second guy, and the intel reports I got for his likely whereabouts seemed to go out of date in about fifteen seconds. I thought it was funny how Miller said, "You're extracting the target? Okay, you can tell me why later." It's for the trophy, Miller! (And given the series' history of breaking the fourth wall, I feel like Snake could have actually said that to him.)

I just watched the E3 gameplay demo of Phantom Pain, and that looks really impressive. I'm looking forward to it.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page