PS3-Madden 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 17 Old 09-10-2012, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ps3 (fat) not displaying in 1080P. All my connections are correct but when game comes on it only displays in 720P. Disk and TV both support 1080P. Anyone know whats up with that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 09-10-2012, 04:25 PM

I don’t know about Madden but the supported output resolution numbers on the box do not indicate the true game resolution more than not. There are games that have native res below 720p but the back of the box would have you believe it is rendered in 1080p. People like numbers the higher the better and they know that.

If you have 720p and 1080p checked and Madden is displaying at 720p, that’s most likely your best bet.

Unless a game is native 1080p(not many) or the upscaling is done by the software, I leave it to the TV. You can force 1080p by disabling 720p in the PS3 settings if the game supports it, but the picture wouldn't look any better at least in my experience and most games play at 720p anyway.
post #3 of 17 Old 09-11-2012, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 104
How you guys liking the new Madden?

I am loving it. I think it's the best Madden in many, many, years. Well, ever, really.

I am totally hooked on the Ultimate Team Mode. I have an awesome team right now, with Steve Young at QB, Ronnie Lott at one Safety spot and Rod Woodson at the other Safety spot.

Have you guys tried it, yet?
Christian Smith likes this.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #4 of 17 Old 09-11-2012, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

New game is fantastic, best ever. not much into ultimate team. started one but it sucks, still basic start up team.
post #5 of 17 Old 09-11-2012, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Christian thanks for the info. however Xbox 360 will display it in 1080P. must be a play station thing. I just hate when it says 1080P and displays in 720P fell like I'm getting ripped off. lol
post #6 of 17 Old 09-12-2012, 01:53 AM

All the1080p jargon got ya, there selling the sizzle and it’s meaningless. Neither console can handle a game like Madden rendered at 1080p, hopefully next gen. The reality is most games this gen are rendered at 720p or below, that’s the steak. These games are all up scaled. Whether it’s done by the hardware, the software, or a 1080p display the native720p signal is getting stretched. I really doubt it matters which is doing the stretching, I’m no expert it just seems like a wash to me.
post #7 of 17 Old 09-12-2012, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

I am loving it. I think it's the best Madden in many, many, years. Well, ever, really.
I am totally hooked on the Ultimate Team Mode. I have an awesome team right now, with Steve Young at QB, Ronnie Lott at one Safety spot and Rod Woodson at the other Safety spot.

Lott and Woodson that’s a killer tandem, Ultimate Team Mode sounds cool. My buddies in my fantasy league are saying the same thing about it. I’m looking forward to getting back into it, been a few years now since my last Madden game.
post #8 of 17 Old 09-13-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Smith View Post

Lott and Woodson that’s a killer tandem, Ultimate Team Mode sounds cool. My buddies in my fantasy league are saying the same thing about it. I’m looking forward to getting back into it, been a few years now since my last Madden game.

nice i really am addicted with madden ultimate team hit me up if play or want to trade player my psn is diehardtitansfan those solo challenges are fun, just cant seem to beat bellichecks ravens, trying to get my team rating up higher but been using my cards to get more points then reloading; have my rating on my team up to 89 now.
post #9 of 17 Old 09-13-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs5mbs View Post

New game is fantastic, best ever. not much into ultimate team. started one but it sucks, still basic start up team.

not sure why many of my friends on psn are hating on this game i sent them all messages lol saying try going back and playing the original this probably shows my age lol but all you could do then was play with friends at their house or yours and there wasnt online franchises to play with todays age .
post #10 of 17 Old 09-13-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

im so addicted to it i also have steve young at qb, and a legend at Tight end, colston at receiver with reggie white on the def. line, keep trading and using my good cards for more points lol
post #11 of 17 Old 09-13-2012, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 62
It's the same garbage we've been getting from Madden ever since they switched to this gen. I bought it this year because it was said to be a great game like it was on the PS2. But, as I quickly found out, it isn't. The game play is as horrible as ever. So, I'm going to trade it in and wait for NFL 2K to return.

500 gigs FTW.
post #12 of 17 Old 09-13-2012, 11:19 PM

you may never see nfl 2k again might be waiting a long time, i admit game play suffered more this year im guessing because they added so much extra to the game this year; only thing i dont like is how the players just fall all over each other, when running with ball, or catching the ball playing offense mostly, much easier on defense love the tackling and coverages for defense.
post #13 of 17 Old 09-15-2012, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 62
^^^^ Don't say that. The only thing that could possibly save videogame football is the return of 2K. Clearly, Tiburon is in way over their untalented heads.

500 gigs FTW.
post #14 of 17 Old 09-16-2012, 07:11 AM

we can only hope right
post #15 of 17 Old 09-16-2012, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 104
SAVE Video Game football?

I don't know, maybe I'm just not as demanding or particular as others, but I've been having a blast with Madden 13.

It's not perfect, but it plays a pretty dang good game. The features list is VERY deep, I'm have a BLAST with Ultimate Team Mode.

Sure, I've seen the CPU down by 10 with a minute to go Run it (or other niggling AI missteps), but it just doesn't bother me as much as others. It doesn't happen nearly as often as many people claim. Certainly I'd prefer the game NOT have the issues, but it's nowhere near game-breaking for me.

In my opinion, it's the best football video game I've ever played. I respect the fact that you (and others) may feel different, however - that's cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

^^^^ Don't say that. The only thing that could possibly save videogame football is the return of 2K. Clearly, Tiburon is in way over their untalented heads.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #16 of 17 Old 09-17-2012, 05:01 AM

I will def. agree i am having as much fun with ultimate team running a online franchise as well; the gameplay may not be as perfect as in year past but can look past it with all the other extras added recently to this years edition.
post #17 of 17 Old 12-25-2012, 12:24 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs5mbs View Post

Ps3 (fat) not displaying in 1080P. All my connections are correct but when game comes on it only displays in 720P. Disk and TV both support 1080P. Anyone know whats up with that?

I'm surprised this has not been answered. Here's a simple solution if you are adamant about seeing the 1080p number displayed on your TV (I know I am smile.gif

Change your PS3 display settings and remove everything but 1080p (The 480p cannot be changed so it's greyed out). That's it.. next time you fire up Madden NFL 13 you'd see it displayed in 1080p because the PS3 is now forcing it to. The jury is still out on whether you'd be able to tell an iota of difference from 720p.

Enjoy the interceptions smile.gif

Insert pithy comment here
Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page