PS3 no longer bitstreaming? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-12-2012, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Today when I turned on my PS3, it is no longer bitstreaming to Dolby Digital or DTS. It now default only to LPCM 48. I have a PS3 slim connected to AVR Sony STRDN1020 via HDMI and then from AVR to HDTV Sony HX929 via HDMI as well. I have the latest firmware and not JB. I have the video setup as HDMI 1080P and the audio as HDMI and Automatic. I also have the HDMI audio setup as bitstreaming instead of LPCM.

Before today, even at start or just at xmb menu, my AVR will show that it was receiving DD audio signal. And when I play games it usually shows whether it's Dolby Digital or DTS but now even at xmb menu, the AVR shows it is receiving only LPCM 48 audio signal although the light indicator on AVR that is usually indicator for DD or DTS signal is also on for LPCM 48 audio signal. And when it comes to DISC based games it now only shows LPCM 48 as audio and but the indicator light is on. But on downloadable PSN games like The Walking Dead or Papo and Yo, before it shows DD or DTS audio signal receiving but now it only shows LPCM 48 but it the light indicator is not on and it's only sending audio to my left, center and right speakers and not to the rest of my surround sound speakers.

This has happened to me before but I was able to fix it and cannot remember how. I tried turning on my TV and AVR first before the PS3 and vice versa. I tried resetting the PS3 to default setting. I tried unplugging power and HDMI cable on the PS3 and AVR. I tried resetting my AVR to factory default setting. I even tried resetting the video and audio of the PS3 by pressing the power and hold for a couple seconds to setup my video and audio. And none worked. I tried setting up the audio HDMI manually and unchecked the LPCM audios and it seemed to work on disc based games and it will show DD or DTS audio signal instead of LPCM 48 but on the downloadable PSN games, it's still showing LPCM 48 and only on my 3 front speakers.

In regards to Bluray movies though, its working fine and sending the audio signals I want even if the HDMI is set to auto and LPCM are checked, it's shows DD, DTS, Tru HD, MA and etc... Please help, any suggestions or advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page