NFL Sunday Ticket on PS3 2012. Reviews. Thoughts - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2013, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I don't have Apple TV or any device like that (not looking to purchase anything if I can avoid it)

Is there some other easy way to stream it from my iPad mini to my TV? Limited connections on the iPad mini. Sounds like I'd need a device right, not just an App?

Not understanding how this works. Thanks.

I see the discussion on Chromecast too, seems some uncertainty whether that would be able to stream NFLST properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

I don't have Apple TV or any device like that (not looking to purchase anything if I can avoid it)

Is there some other easy way to stream it from my iPad mini to my TV? Limited connections on the iPad mini. Sounds like I'd need a device right, not just an App?

Not understanding how this works. Thanks.

I see the discussion on Chromecast too, seems some uncertainty whether that would be able to stream NFLST properly.

You would need this to connect the mini directly to your tv:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD826ZM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter?fnode=3a

Although there is a possibility that the Sunday Ticket App would somehow block video out even using this cable. Worst case scenario, you buy this cable at a box store, try it out, if it doesn't work, just return it.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
Old 08-16-2013, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Red Zone is really all you need. They show every scoring play from every game live. Its like having Sunday Ticket and a 'remote caddy' by your side.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:27 AM

Liked: 10
I have a question at least somewhat related to our discussion...

It appears there is no Ticket on PS3 this year but it is available for computer, tablet, phone via Amazon/Madden code.

Does anyone have any experience streaming internet video directly from websites using the PS3 browser?

Edit. Never mind, looks like the browser only includes an outdated flash player version and is unable to play videos from many websites.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

So I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought access to all pre-season games for $11 via NFL.com.

Quality is very good, I am hoping the Sunday ticket computer version is just like this, I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

So I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought access to all pre-season games for $11 via NFL.com.

Quality is very good, I am hoping the Sunday ticket computer version is just like this, I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Because Sunday Ticket is a service managed by Directv.

NFL's pre season live stream service is managed by the NFL and another company.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipinoyakuza View Post

Because Sunday Ticket is a service managed by Directv.

NFL's pre season live stream service is managed by the NFL and another company.

Damn. Well hopefully DTV has their ISH together since they won't need to support ps3 streaming. The DTV website is pimping out a new revamped tablet app for Sunday ticket, I hope that means the computer application is revamped as well.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I hope your right too.. It better be good. Just hope they can handle all these people that will be getting the service...
Old 08-22-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quick update, I was able to sell my copy of the PS3 version on eBay for $80 (free shipping). I stated clearly in the description that the Sunday ticket code would not be included but the Madden Ultimate Team code would be included. I would recommend throwing your versions up on ebay now if you aren't interested in the actual game before other people start doing the same.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
looks like it is coming to PS3/PS4/XBOX ONE/PC's/Apple products/etc... for 2014:

https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp

And DO NOT worry about NOT BEING ELIGIBLE. That is Crap. DirecTV just wants you to sign up for there service. Just LIE. Fill out the online form saying "You cannot get a DirecTV signal", and signup. The DirecTV POLICE are NOT going to come to your house to see if you are lying. They know people just want this, and NOT THEM. At least, that is me.

All of us went through that garbage last year. This service is for ANYONE.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
You know what DirecTV may be serious this time about making sure people are not eligible. Oh, well. I may be wrong, and by late August when the signups begin in force, people can get it.

If not, here is to DirecTV not getting NFLST in 2015, or beyond. Still no deal in sight yet after this season. Still say NFL REDZONE CHANNEL will make most people unbelievably happy.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Glad you backtracked the previous comment -- no need to lead people on when you have no way to control or influence the qualifications for the NFL packages.

I got the online code last year with the special Madden 25 package and it was worth it. Streamed it to my projector with a laptop and Chromecast.

But this year if there's not a Madden pacakge, don't think I'll pay triple what I paid last year. Though I doubt I'd qualify anyway since I have Comcast.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Is this not available on the Ipad Air? That kind of seems hard to believe but I didn't see it listed.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'd be interested in trying this (though frankly, I have no idea why anyone would pay $250 for console-only when $200 gets you computer which you can just hook up to your TV). Does DTV let you test it in Week 1 for free or something? Because, given the various complaints / BBB issues / etc. with DTV I'd need to know the streams work.

And, let's be honest here: the bar has to be set pretty high to beat the 720p Russian pirate streams.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLefty View Post

I got the online code last year with the special Madden 25 package and it was worth it. Streamed it to my projector with a laptop and Chromecast.

But this year if there's not a Madden pacakge, don't think I'll pay triple what I paid last year.

Yeah, that Madden package was a dream come true. 99 bucks, and I sold off my copy of Madden immediately for like 45, so it really only cost me like 60 bucks or so to have NFL Sunday Ticket. Sure, it was for computers only, but I just run my PC to my projector and it's all gravy.

I guess they aren't doing that package again this year, because I haven't heard anything about it. The interesting thing is, if they did that package this year, and it worked with the PS4 or XB1 version, I'd probably actually keep the game this time instead of immediately selling it. Madden 15 looks to be a bit improved this year...