NFL Sunday Ticket on PS3 2012. Reviews. Thoughts - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 105 Old 09-22-2012, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just would like to get peoples thoughts/reviews/feelings about how NFLST 2012 on PS3 is this year, as compared to last year.

Improved? Same? Worse? Worth $300? Etc...?

Also include your setups. Wireless/Wired/ISP/etc....

Just like too see how people feel about this year.

Also, if you instead went the $250 Ipad/Ipod/Computer/etc... APP route, please give your thoughts. Is the APP service better than PS3 version(sound/picture/stability?)

Just like too know, pro or con?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 Old 09-23-2012, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It really is good and really pisses me off!!! Works great and sometimes I have crazy amounts of trouble. Like today (And I would like to hear other people today if they had the same problem). It seems like when the other games get going (the switch from 1 to 4 games) the system gets "overloaded". Got a lot of lag today at about 4 o'clock which was really annoying following one of the games in overtime that I sat there and watched for 3+hours (this new nfl is so slow and getting annoying. Story for another day). But that said, I have no choice to watch it and I dont regret it. I usually have no problems. I would like to see if anyone else had problems today
post #3 of 105 Old 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM
KLJ

Liked: 11
i used it all day in week 2 and it was basically unwatchable. constant freezes and stuttering.

just wnet to the bar yesterday becasue i didn't need another afternoon of frustration.
post #4 of 105 Old 09-25-2012, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Was this how it was last year? I went out and bought a ps3 and paid 300 bucks just for this option!!! What the hell!!!
post #5 of 105 Old 09-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJ View Post

i used it all day in week 2 and it was basically unwatchable. constant freezes and stuttering.
just wnet to the bar yesterday becasue i didn't need another afternoon of frustration.

You should call Sony customer support and get a credit for the service.

Last year I called and they gave me a $50 credit.
post #6 of 105 Old 09-26-2012, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Week one I saw a little stuttering here and there, nothing real obtrusive. Week two seemed to be less. Week 3 I watched Skins/Bengals and couldn't tell it was streaming it looked so good and ran so well. It's the internet so I know there are gonna be peaks and valleys in performance but mine seems to be more solid as the season goes on. This thing runs waaaay better then the NHL Center Ice app that's for certain.

If you're having a chronic problem then definitely let Sony know because they will try and help you. Also get with your ISP and tell them the problem. I've had internet problems miraculously disappear after a tech call smile.gif

*EDIT
I use a wired connection via router, and the router is set to DMZ for my PS3 access.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #7 of 105 Old 09-27-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipinoyakuza View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipinoyakuza View Post

Week 1 out worked perfectly for me. Week 2 the early games kept freezing. I would have to switch to a different game then switch back to the game I was watching. The late games worked fine. Week 3 was like week 2 but the late games kept freezing up just like the early games. And the service stopped working during all of the early game overtimes. What number did you call to complain to sony to. I am getting fed up with Sony and dtv. I paid for a service that I am not receiving the past 2 weeks.

Format Neutral. Living in HD bliss with the A1, A30and PS3.
post #8 of 105 Old 09-27-2012, 03:19 PM

Food for thought here... I hardly ever write reviews, but this is worth sharing for sure. I had ST on PS3 last year. Week 1 was horrible and they credited me $25 for it. After that, it was amazing all year.

Now, this year comes along... I shelled out $300 like everyone else. Keep in mind I have not changed apartments or internet services from the year before and have a wired connection. Week 1 - Beautiful. Fully what I expected from this service. Week 2 and 3 I pretty much lost my s**t. Buffering was a huge issue and changing in between games took a good minute or two. Week 2 was bad and I called and requested a refund. The first guy told me that I could watch the replays of the games on there if I wanted and would not do anything. Second guy said they would issue the request for a refund which would take 10-15 business days to determine if I got one or not.

AFter calming down that night, I called again that Monday to tell them that I wanted the service and would be willing to try one more time in week 3. I cancelled my request for refund and waited for week 3.

Week 3 comes... exponentially worse. Could not load games at all. Could not get HD feeds. Loading wheel came up in middle of games... craziness! I called once and the I input the refund request one more time. About an hour later, it was so bad that I litteraly could not pull up any games at all!!! I called back to reiterate my displeasure. The girl I talked with was very candid with me about the situation and explained they had 2,000 calls as of that time in that day and that 85% were about ST. She then went on to say that the app is simply not ready and should never had been released.

I received an email the following Tuesday saying that Sony would refund me the money to my CC and that it was a one time gesture of faith.

Moral here - I love football... love the NFL... and I probably would have paid $400 to have the ticket. . But this was ridiculous. If you want a refund, you really have to call multiple times. They will refund, but you have to go through all the troubleshooting and what not first.

Good luck to everyone else though with PS3 ST!
post #9 of 105 Old 09-28-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knapp3412 View Post

Food for thought here... I hardly ever write reviews, but this is worth sharing for sure. I had ST on PS3 last year. Week 1 was horrible and they credited me $25 for it. After that, it was amazing all year.
Now, this year comes along... I shelled out $300 like everyone else. Keep in mind I have not changed apartments or internet services from the year before and have a wired connection. Week 1 - Beautiful. Fully what I expected from this service. Week 2 and 3 I pretty much lost my s**t. Buffering was a huge issue and changing in between games took a good minute or two. Week 2 was bad and I called and requested a refund. The first guy told me that I could watch the replays of the games on there if I wanted and would not do anything. Second guy said they would issue the request for a refund which would take 10-15 business days to determine if I got one or not.
AFter calming down that night, I called again that Monday to tell them that I wanted the service and would be willing to try one more time in week 3. I cancelled my request for refund and waited for week 3.
Week 3 comes... exponentially worse. Could not load games at all. Could not get HD feeds. Loading wheel came up in middle of games... craziness! I called once and the I input the refund request one more time. About an hour later, it was so bad that I litteraly could not pull up any games at all!!! I called back to reiterate my displeasure. The girl I talked with was very candid with me about the situation and explained they had 2,000 calls as of that time in that day and that 85% were about ST. She then went on to say that the app is simply not ready and should never had been released.
I received an email the following Tuesday saying that Sony would refund me the money to my CC and that it was a one time gesture of faith.
Moral here - I love football... love the NFL... and I probably would have paid $400 to have the ticket. . But this was ridiculous. If you want a refund, you really have to call multiple times. They will refund, but you have to go through all the troubleshooting and what not first.
Good luck to everyone else though with PS3 ST!

What phone number did you call to get the refund because I want to call to complain. I will give them one more chance this weekend.

Format Neutral. Living in HD bliss with the A1, A30and PS3.
post #10 of 105 Old 09-28-2012, 01:23 PM

800-345-7669
post #11 of 105 Old 09-28-2012, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I wonder if the service via PC is equally as bad ?

I think it's $250 via the PC.
post #12 of 105 Old 10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

same problem as week 3 here. The 1 o'clock games worked fine then the 4 games were so so. And sometimes just bad, I called to complain (again) Told me they were letting direct tv know (which is prob pointless and bs). Offered me a refund but I have no other way to get games. I want this problem fixed better get better!!
post #13 of 105 Old 10-02-2012, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Just wanted to check in on wk 4. The whole thing ran without a hitch this week- no buffering pauses or sudden drops in PQ. Seems to be running as it should for me anyway.

Sorry to hear about the problems folks are having. From what I understand, this app is the same as PC/mobile so those with problems are not alone for sure.

post #14 of 105 Old 10-02-2012, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 78
Is the service prorated? Will I get a discount if I sign up now?

I have no cable and am missing football now that i moved and my over-the-air channels suck.

Now playing: TLoU PS4
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs, Southpark: Stick of Truth, Infamous: SS
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #15 of 105 Old 10-04-2012, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

no its not pro rated... So get in when you can!!
post #16 of 105 Old 10-06-2012, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 60
^^^ That is lame.

500 gigs FTW.
post #17 of 105 Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
I have been using for the past 3 weeks and can say the PS3 app works great. I have a 20-30 Mbps internet speed at home, games look to be in 720p. The audio seems to be a little better in synch then last year, although a lag is still barely noticeable. Switching between games takes between 3-8 seconds.

I am baffled as to why they haven't upgraded the app to support a game-mix option, seems like a no brainer. The sunday ticket program on the PC allows you to choose between 4 games at once on the same screen..... besides that minor gripe, I love it.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #18 of 105 Old 11-02-2012, 10:28 AM

Liked: 13
It looks like Sony dropped the price down to $149 if anyone was interested in getting it, then now is a good time.
post #19 of 105 Old 11-02-2012, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Redzone channel FTW. Sunday Ticket is a ripoff, even at 150. The NFL is far too greedy. NBA League Pass is 180 bucks and they play way more games than the NFL.

500 gigs FTW.
post #20 of 105 Old 11-16-2012, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I would get it but unfortunately I am a hometown fan and I have yet to find a way to make the PS3 think I am out of market so I can watch my games. (Sigh)
post #21 of 105 Old 11-16-2012, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRic View Post

I would get it but unfortunately I am a hometown fan and I have yet to find a way to make the PS3 think I am out of market so I can watch my games. (Sigh)

???????

Why would you want it, if your "hometown" team is being shown too you locally anyway OTA, or through cable? Just so you could watch through the PS3? That does not make sense.
post #22 of 105 Old 12-02-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

I am getting so sick of this ticket I paid 300 dollars for. The lag is terrible. I have a 15 mps connection. I stream stuff with my xbox computer and phone all the time and it works fine. This is so laggy its terrible. I thought maybe the first few weeks and it would be fixed. The game just pauses all the time and takes too long to switch from game to game. I pray someone else picks up the ticket next year!! So annoying
post #23 of 105 Old 12-02-2012, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Works great on Directv. And it's cheaper.

500 gigs FTW.
post #24 of 105 Old 12-02-2012, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Works great on Directv. And it's cheaper.
very cheap for me....I told them I was canceling and they gave it to me free

-46" SAMSUNG-ENERGY RC-50'S-ENERGY RC-LCR-ENERGY RC-10'S-PSA XV15se-PIONEER ELITE SC-25-OPPO BDP 103Dhttp://www.avsforum.com/g/a/1459339/default/
post #25 of 105 Old 12-03-2012, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

I would have gotten direct tv. I cant becuase the direction of my apt. So I am stuck with this. I'm just hanging on to the next few weeks. Then next year hopefully xbox will get it
post #26 of 105 Old 12-03-2012, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post

very cheap for me....I told them I was canceling and they gave it to me free

Wonder if this would work while still under contract. Doubtful given the cost of early termination.

500 gigs FTW.
post #27 of 105 Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Sounds like the PS3 version is just not worth it. Too many problems, at too high a price. That blows, and is not good news for the NFL. MLB.TV, NBA GameCenter, and even NHL Center Ice(when they r playing), work well, and are a helluva lot cheaper.

I got MLB.TV last year on father's day for $50 for the rest of the season. What an awesome deal!! Hope they do it again. But even at $130 at the beginning of the season is worth it. And the service has GREATLY IMPROVED over the last few years. And the interface on the PS3, is IMHO, the best to boot.

But the NFL is still far and away #1 in popularity in the country, so what do they care is they have an internet service that is sh*t.

Anyone try the PC version for $250? This was the one that used the Ipad/computer/Iphone/Ipod for watching the games. Was the Service better doing it this way? My guess it was probably the same experience as the PS3 owners.
post #28 of 105 Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess I have magic internet or something because the Sunday Ticket app works great for me on the PS3. I always have to keep myself from channel surfing during commercials because the feed is so seamless. For comparison, the performance of the NHL app ($120.00) is terrible and I felt pretty ripped off last year. On top of that they made no effort to fix anything when there was a problem, while the Sony and DirecTV were on top of any problems.

Is it too much money? Sure it is, but it's the same price they charge everyone else when you buy it as a stand alone. If you cannot get a satellite signal where you live (like me), and love to watch a team that is out of market (like mine), then the NFL has you by the short hairs.

post #29 of 105 Old 12-07-2012, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

I guess I have magic internet or something because the Sunday Ticket app works great for me on the PS3. I always have to keep myself from channel surfing during commercials because the feed is so seamless. For comparison, the performance of the NHL app ($120.00) is terrible and I felt pretty ripped off last year. On top of that they made no effort to fix anything when there was a problem, while the Sony and DirecTV were on top of any problems.
Is it too much money? Sure it is, but it's the same price they charge everyone else when you buy it as a stand alone. If you cannot get a satellite signal where you live (like me), and love to watch a team that is out of market (like mine), then the NFL has you by the short hairs.

Same here, it works great on my PS3, I have charter cable and average 20-25 Mbit/s.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #30 of 105 Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

That is interesting, the NHL App works best for me. I wish MLB would work as well as NHL.

Xbox live: Mighty GLI
PS3: Mighty-Gli
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page