Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-28-2012, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I shall use it mostly for bluray plus media streaming/ app
Gaming is minimum. Unfortunately Sony did a liposuction and did not even add 4k upscale
I have 790 on order but always used a ps3.
Any advise? Where is the best deal on slimx2? Or wait till Black Friday deals from amazon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-29-2012, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
4k upscale was never on the horizon for the PS3. Can you post pics of your 4k TV? I'd like to see it.

The 790 is a blu-ray player. The PS3 is a gaming machine and a damn good blu-ray player. Depends on if you want a dedicated blu-ray player or a game machine too.

You looking for the slim or the slimmer? Best deal on the slimmer is the $300 deal with 500gb drive, IMO.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

I shall use it mostly for bluray plus media streaming/ app
Gaming is minimum. Unfortunately Sony did a liposuction and did not even add 4k upscale
I have 790 on order but always used a ps3.
Any advise? Where is the best deal on slimx2? Or wait till Black Friday deals from amazon?

More importantly even you have 4K capable TV, where do you find movies that have been cleanup from the 4K source. Remember just because the film is stored on 4K, it does not mean the quality is there. Also, you need a huge screen to be able to see all the 4K resolution can provide.

Just look at many older films now coming out on Blu-ray. Most only get basic clean up and called good enough. 4K or not, those movies will look quite "dirty" if viewed at 4K resolution.

And most important, what source of medium do 4K movies get transmitted. Good luck if you think about cable or satellite because the providers have jam packed the little bandwidth they have. Blu-ray in theory can be used because 200GB disc exist but they aren't currently marketed for movie use. Hard drive but that will extemely costly to sell 4K movies using expensive storage.

If Hollywood can improve every old movies to look super clean and detailed on 1080p, I'll be very happy. 4K is just hypes because HDTV manufacturers need a new format that is expensive today which is 4K. Doesn't matter if they have enough true 4K quality source to show.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page