PlayStation stuff on sale for Black Friday 2012 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 54 Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 186
No doubt there will be a ton of games and accessories on sale, but starting things off is a great sale on the new 250 GB Super Slim: $199 for the system with Uncharted 1 & 2 and Infamous 1 & 2 in store at Walmart, Best Buy and K-Mart.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 11-08-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I've been considering getting a second system for a while... and although I have all four games, $200 is a pretty darned good price! The big negative, of course, would be having to go to Walmart on Black Friday...
post #3 of 54 Old 11-08-2012, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Going anywhere on BF is painful, going to Walmart on a normal day is painful. I wouldn't go to Walmart on BF for a free PS3.

Now playing: Destiny Beta, Wolfenstein
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs, Southpark: Stick of Truth, Infamous: SS
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #4 of 54 Old 11-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
According to Cheap Ass Gamer, K-Mart will be selling Max Payne 3 for $8.99 on Black Friday. That'd be a great deal, if it weren't for the crowds.

(Also, Best Buy has the PS3 bundle for $199 as well, for folks who'd rather not go to Walmart.)
post #5 of 54 Old 11-08-2012, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

Going anywhere on BF is painful, going to Walmart on a normal day is painful. I wouldn't go to Walmart on BF for a free PS3.

I'll be eating turkey and drinking. Nothing would get me out shopping on BF.
post #6 of 54 Old 11-09-2012, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I haven't gone out on BF in a long time, and it wasn't even to get these ridiculous deals. I'd love to get that $200 PS3 but I will be out-of-town that day.
post #7 of 54 Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Great prices and deals, but, yeah, I'm with everyone else. There's no way in hell I'm walking into any of those places on that day.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #8 of 54 Old 11-09-2012, 01:58 PM

Liked: 10
I got a great BF deal on-line from BB a few years ago. Ordered pickup at store and showed up Fri night to get it, no fuss no muss.
post #9 of 54 Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Besides Best Buy and Walmart, K-Mart will also offer the $200 PS3 bundle. They will also have the $60 DualShock controller discounted to $40.

I'll update the first post.

post #10 of 54 Old 11-11-2012, 12:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post

According to Cheap Ass Gamer, K-Mart will be selling Max Payne 3 for $8.99 on Black Friday. That'd be a great deal, if it weren't for the crowds.
(Also, Best Buy has the PS3 bundle for $199 as well, for folks who'd rather not go to Walmart.)

It's still overpriced.

And wow, I thought Kmart died out in the 80s. Lol.

500 gigs FTW.
post #11 of 54 Old 11-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
I think I will go to KMart and replace the 40GB I have in my bedroom with that bundle. Everyone will be at the Walmart next door in my little town.

Join the AVS Folding @ Home team!! Team #55280

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #12 of 54 Old 11-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

I will be able to give the 2 games to my nephew for Christmas....so that's a bonus right there.

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #13 of 54 Old 11-13-2012, 12:55 PM

Howdy,

I am contemplating purchasing a one year Playstation Plus subscription. With Black Friday right around the corner, is there a chance that one year PS+ subscriptions will be discounted or given several bonus months in the near future?

Any information or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Milan
post #14 of 54 Old 11-13-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockphantom View Post

Howdy,
I am contemplating purchasing a one year Playstation Plus subscription. With Black Friday right around the corner, is there a chance that one year PS+ subscriptions will be discounted or given several bonus months in the near future?
Any information or guidance would be appreciated.
Thank You,
Milan

I think there's a better chance that certain games or console bundles will throw in a month, or 3, or 12, of Plus, but I wouldn't rule out other discounts or membership extensions. Like every other gaming deals this season, you just need to keep an eye on threads like this, cheapassgamer, or you local retailer flyers.
post #15 of 54 Old 11-13-2012, 01:45 PM

Thank you for the reply. My frugal side is telling me to wait for a free trial of PS Plus to give it a test drive before plunking down money for the service.

Milan
post #16 of 54 Old 11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
Quote:

Thank you for the reply. My frugal side is telling me to wait for a free trial of PS Plus to give it a test drive before plunking down money for the service.
Milan

Skip it. The free game program is a sham and the other benefits are pretty weak. Not worth 50 bucks a year, that's for sure. Now that you can select and copy multiple game saves at once, saving to the cloud is useless also.

500 gigs FTW.
post #17 of 54 Old 11-13-2012, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Milan
Yeah, free trials come up from time to time, but it is a pretty awesome service. I got my $50 worth in discounts alone the first five months by buying stuff off of the PSN I would've purchased anyway. At that point, literally every discount and free subscription download from that point forward was truly free. I now wait to buy a lot of stuff since eventually a lot of it comes on PS+, so that saves money as well.

The auto patching is a great feature, cloud storage allowed me to flawlessly transfer all my gaming files to my upgraded PS3, and there are the early betas and free hour game trials that are nice perks as well. PS+ has been one of the best gaming deals in a long time, especially if you don't already own a lot of the content you eventually download.

post #18 of 54 Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 PM

I just go out on Black Friday to try and get in the mood for Christmas. Looking around and seeing all the people rushing around buying treasures for the family helps. I already have two PS3 systems, and don't plan on buying anything until The Last of Us.
post #19 of 54 Old 11-15-2012, 02:56 PM

Thank you for the feedback on PS+.
I'm a very casual gamer. I know I won't purchase much on PSN.
However, when a trial comes around, I'll give it a shot.

Milan
post #20 of 54 Old 11-15-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Skip it. The free game program is a sham and the other benefits are pretty weak. Not worth 50 bucks a year, that's for sure. Now that you can select and copy multiple game saves at once, saving to the cloud is useless also.

A completely untrue statement.
post #21 of 54 Old 11-15-2012, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Well, all I can say is the 6 Vita games announced with PS+ has persuaded me to (re) buy a Vita, especially since there are $199 bundle deals on Black Friday. They could have thrown in a bunch of games that no one wants but Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Mutant Blobs Attack, Jet Set Radio and Final Fantasy Tactics psp is pretty hard to resist.

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

post #22 of 54 Old 11-16-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw View Post

Well, all I can say is the 6 Vita games announced with PS+ has persuaded me to (re) buy a Vita, especially since there are $199 bundle deals on Black Friday. They could have thrown in a bunch of games that no one wants but Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Mutant Blobs Attack, Jet Set Radio and Final Fantasy Tactics psp is pretty hard to resist.

It looks like the $199.99 Vita bundles will be pretty widespread throughout Black Friday and the following Saturday. Given how poorly these have sold in the past, retailers should have plenty of stock (including online), so this won't be something you need to be in line at Best Buy or GameStop at 2am for: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/16/exclusive-black-friday-deals-for-ps3-and-ps-vita/

EDIT: I did a little digging and it looks like certain bundles will be exclusive to certain retailers, according to GameSpot:
Quote:
Amazon and GameStop will be the exclusive carriers of the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation bundle, while gamers in the market for the Black Ops Declassified bundle will need to shop at Best Buy. Lastly, the Lego Batman 2 PS Vita pack will be available only at Target.

So perhaps they'll be in limited quantities depending on where you go.
post #23 of 54 Old 11-17-2012, 02:18 AM
Advanced Member

Amazon has posted a schedule of their Lightning Deals for Thanksgiving week, including Skyrim and Dishonored for $25 on Thursday.

Edit: having trouble getting this link to work; try cutting and pasting this URL
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&docId=1000853511&linkCode=ur2
post #24 of 54 Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

I think I will get The Show for my girlfriend. She wanted it when it came out, but we just never pulled the trigger.

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #25 of 54 Old 11-17-2012, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post

Amazon has posted a schedule of their Lightning Deals for Thanksgiving week, including Skyrim and Dishonored for $25 on Thursday.
Edit: having trouble getting this link to work; try cutting and pasting this URL
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&docId=1000853511&linkCode=ur2

Wow! Thanks for posting. I didn't know they do this. Now I don't have to hover around my computer at times I know there isn't anything I like and vice versa.
post #26 of 54 Old 11-17-2012, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

It looks like the $199.99 Vita bundles will be pretty widespread throughout Black Friday and the following Saturday. Given how poorly these have sold in the past, retailers should have plenty of stock (including online), so this won't be something you need to be in line at Best Buy or GameStop at 2am for: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/16/exclusive-black-friday-deals-for-ps3-and-ps-vita/
EDIT: I did a little digging and it looks like certain bundles will be exclusive to certain retailers, according to GameSpot:
So perhaps they'll be in limited quantities depending on where you go.

I'm curious to see what kind of sales these bundles attract. Just going around various boards, it seems like the ps+ announcement combined with the $199 bundles has given the Vita a bit of buzz, but lets see if that actually results in decent sales. And, lets then cross our fingers, eyes and toes that Sony finds a way to capitalize on possible increased sales and market this thing right going into 2013. It wouldnt surprise me if going forward they included a memory card and/or a 3month/year ps+ subscription. The current price with just the barebones system simply isnt going to fly, and they're probably in better position to add those things then to outright drop the price.

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

post #27 of 54 Old 11-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Going to try and get NBA 2K13 and Dishonored from amazon for $25.I got Amazon Prime and no way will I go to Best Buy or another department store on Black Friday just to try and get these games.

I'm looking for a Sony BDP-S790 3D blu-ray player for my new Panasonic ST50 55" TV.Anyone know any good Black Friday deals for this ?
post #28 of 54 Old 11-18-2012, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

For video game deals at all the major retailers, see the OP in this thread at CheapAssGamer.
post #29 of 54 Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

For video game deals at all the major retailers, see the OP in this thread at CheapAssGamer.

great link, thanks for providing.

It probably goes without saying but any of these sales at Best Buy, Wal-mart, etc are only at their brick-and-mortar locations (i.e. not available online)? I am sure I won't bother to mess with the rift-raft, esp to save a few bucks on games. wink.gif

Max Payne 3 for $15 on Amazon - nice. I am sure they will be releasing a "game of the year" type edition with DLC content but that price is too good to pass up.
post #30 of 54 Old 11-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moepoker View Post

I think I will get The Show for my girlfriend. She wanted it when it came out, but we just never pulled the trigger.

Got it. smile.gif

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page