Playstation Connectivity - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok here is the run down. My PS3 has 100% WiFi connectivity. I have no problem with any other device in the house. On occasion I lose connection to the PSN or get a DNS Error. I have manually entered everything in to the settings so to narrow down the issue. When I run the speed test now I'm lucky if it doesn't fail on the speeds (Which is most of the time). I got it to read last night and it only said I was running about so many KBS when I should be pulling MBS. My computer says i'm pullin around 15 to 17 mbs. So I have narrowed down the issue to the playstation wifi capabilities (i'm guessing). I can watch Netflix no prob, I can play Multiplayer games no prob, but watching You Tube or Vudu movies is left buffering. I'm thinking of trying a spliter at the TV so to move my cable modem and router closer and hardline it in. The house presently has a 4 way splitter outside which only two rooms are in use. Any clues or help would be great. (Oh the media server is turned off already)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Hardwired is the way to go. The only thing I can think of is you have something interfering with it on the 2.4ghz band. One of my PS3s is wireless for now since I just moved around my equipment, and I don't have those problems.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 AM

Call your ISP and see if you can hook up a router bridge for your PS3. Hardwired is the way to go if at all possible. If it's not, I would suggest a high-gain WiFi antenna. They really amp up the signal in your house and should provide a more stable wi-fi connection. Don't place your router on or near metal either as that will cause a fluctuation in signal strength.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-16-2012, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I decided to split the cable at the TV and see how the signal does. That way I could go hardwire. I'm thinkin the PS3 wifi is probably slipping but I'm shocked i never went hard wire before its like a whole new world of signal. I turn on the system and Instant login and I never had that before. Thanks for the info guys.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page