Black Ops 2 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 228 Old 11-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I haven't looked on other boards. Why did they pull it? It was really advertised heavily. I don't believe there was any mention of it being launch-weekend only...

Also, for inputting the code, just go to "Redeem Codes" on the XMB. Shorter than bringing up the Store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 228 Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 AM

Liked: 42
Really? I finally loaded the map (thanks guys), but never randomized into the map last night.

Also:

Based on Woody Gamertag's youtube videos about Lag Compensation, I changed my connection from "Normal" to "Best" and the results were NIGHT AND DAY. Consistent sixth and seventh place finishes morphed to consistent second and third place finishes IMMEDIATELY.

I'm a new man.

Just keep talkin'. I'll let you know when you're right.
post #33 of 228 Old 11-20-2012, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawnmcdonald View Post

Really? I finally loaded the map (thanks guys), but never randomized into the map last night.
Also:
Based on Woody Gamertag's youtube videos about Lag Compensation, I changed my connection from "Normal" to "Best" and the results were NIGHT AND DAY. Consistent sixth and seventh place finishes morphed to consistent second and third place finishes IMMEDIATELY.
I'm a new man.

What did I miss? Is this "connection" setting in game or on the PS3?

Edit: Found it with a google search. Can't wait to try this. For those of you who are hearing about this for the first time (like me), its a setting in game. Before searching for a match, there should be an option for search preference where you can change from normal to best (or any). Best supposedly takes longer (mere seconds though) to find a match, but reports are it makes the game better for you. Well worth the extra seconds I'm sure. Woohoo! Thanks cshawnmcdonald.
post #34 of 228 Old 11-20-2012, 01:36 PM

Liked: 42
What it is.

How to fix it.

Just keep talkin'. I'll let you know when you're right.
post #35 of 228 Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by moepoker View Post

Nuketown map is gone for now. Ain't that some BS?

It's back in the bonus playlist. All small maps-all the time. Bring a smg.
post #36 of 228 Old 11-21-2012, 04:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
2 hard freezes last night. WTF? I thought they fixed the hard freeze issues.

Played some league matches running solo and got in the platinum division. The league games I've played have been very balanced and close matches. Provides some fun times. Too bad you don't get much xp for playing them...

The Weekend Warriors
post #37 of 228 Old 11-22-2012, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I decided to use the an94 AR (the level 55 unlock). Its really good to me. Like it better then the type25 I see a bunch of people using. Probably because of its slower rate of fire/helps me conserve more ammo.

psn = b2real
post #38 of 228 Old 11-23-2012, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Finally pick up the game.

At first on my 60" HDTV at 1080p, it look bland,...I just found out about the texture install in the option,...much better.
I've never being very good, but like it. smile.gif
post #39 of 228 Old 11-24-2012, 02:02 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post

I just found out about the texture install in the option,...much better.

This "texture install" option is on PS3? Where?
post #40 of 228 Old 11-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

In the options menu. It really cuts down the disc spinning.

On an unrelated note, I have discovered the shotgun. Amazing.
post #41 of 228 Old 11-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Which shotgun is amazing?

post #42 of 228 Old 11-24-2012, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 716
870 w long barrel
post #43 of 228 Old 11-24-2012, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post

In the options menu. It really cuts down the disc spinning.
On an unrelated note, I have discovered the shotgun. Amazing.

system options or in game menu? What exactly does this feature do?
post #44 of 228 Old 11-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Game options (in game). Installs 1700mb to the HD so the PS3 doesn't have to read it off the disc every time you enter a map.

Not my vid, haven't watched it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5HQADEWQs
post #45 of 228 Old 11-26-2012, 04:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Lag ops 2 this past weekend after their latest hotfix. It become so bad a couple nights, I turned it off and went back to BF3

The Weekend Warriors
post #46 of 228 Old 11-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippldogg View Post

Lag ops 2 this past weekend after their latest hotfix. It become so bad a couple nights, I turned it off and went back to BF3

Did you try setting your search pref to best connection? I'm usually 4 bars when I do this except when I party up with my friend on the opposite coast.
post #47 of 228 Old 11-26-2012, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 62
This is the best bad game I currently own. If it didn't lag so much, it would be one of the best CoD's to date no question. But given the ridiculous lag, I'm trading it in while it still has some value. What a disappointment.

500 gigs FTW.
post #48 of 228 Old 11-27-2012, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 94
I'm digging the Theater Mode a lot. I'm JUST learning how it works, there's a lot to learn. Here's a bit of Chairman in action:
(Try not to laugh too hard at the measly .94 KDR)

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #49 of 228 Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Love watching others vids. Especially the non youtubers. My KDR is about .97 so I feel you.

The problem I have with the theater mode (and emblem editor too) is that when I get on I want to merc some peeps not fool around with making vids. I did make a few on MW3 but haven't been in the theater for BLOPS2 yet.

Lets get this thread to be a little more active. I have been following the BLOPS2 thread over in the XBOX forum as it is much more active but I also feel dirty going in there. tongue.gif

So far I have played 27 hrs I am Prestige 1 lvl 35 ish. This week I max leveled the FAL. Thing is a beast with select fire. Was using laser, grip, stock and switched the laser out for silencer. Love either setup. Prob is I am not sure I want to prestige the gun and lose my attachments but I have not been using it since I am not gaining as much XP with it maxed out.

Last night I started running Engineer - Carepackage (For the reroll) - Blackhat x2 this is great fun. I love killing people with their own bouncing betty's and taking over their shock charges.
post #50 of 228 Old 11-28-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 94
I never considered that setup, sounds cool.

I've been keeping it straight run n gun. Either the MSMC, or the PDW-57 (I've Prestiged that gun once already), with Reflex n Suppressor, Hardline, Flak Jacket, Dexterity and TWO Bouncing Bettys (Bring on the Cheese!) :-)

I'm ALMOST level 37 now, with a KDR that I've managed to work up to 1.00. I'm very proud of that since I've never gotten to 1.0 before. (Remember, I'm old!)

I KILLED it last night in a match, going 29-10 on Yemen. That was my most fun match ever, and will be showing that video as soon as it uploads. I had one streak where I flanked the enemy and got three consecutive knife kills. Had SO much fun!

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #51 of 228 Old 11-28-2012, 12:55 PM

If you guys want to try a gun with pretty much zero recoil (while ADS), use the m27 A.R.

psn = b2real
post #52 of 228 Old 11-28-2012, 12:59 PM

My KDR progression has been: MW2 - .63 BLOPS - .84 MW3 .93. I was running a knife only class for a while working on getting the camo's for the combat knife. I think my current KD took a hit for that.

I have had some really fun DOM, Headquarters, Hardpoint matches in the Bonus - Moshpit playlist. Had some matches that I went 51-11 46-9 ish and 60-44. These are not normal games for me. I am not sure I ever hit 40 kills in MW3 and I know I didn't hit 50.

And I am 30 so my consideration of what old is has changed quite a bit. But I can't wait till I retire and have more video game time... tongue.gif

I would offer up my psnid (which is the same as my screen name) but I have awful internet and mainly play solo because when I team up I get the short end of the connection and it makes everyone else more laggy. Just ask mblaylock...
post #53 of 228 Old 11-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by malvado78 View Post

My KDR progression has been: MW2 - .63 BLOPS - .84 MW3 .93. I was running a knife only class for a while working on getting the camo's for the combat knife. I think my current KD took a hit for that.
I have had some really fun DOM, Headquarters, Hardpoint matches in the Bonus - Moshpit playlist. Had some matches that I went 51-11 46-9 ish and 60-44. These are not normal games for me. I am not sure I ever hit 40 kills in MW3 and I know I didn't hit 50.
And I am 30 so my consideration of what old is has changed quite a bit. But I can't wait till I retire and have more video game time... tongue.gif
I would offer up my psnid (which is the same as my screen name) but I have awful internet and mainly play solo because when I team up I get the short end of the connection and it makes everyone else more laggy. Just ask mblaylock...

60 kills? How the hell did you pull that? I've had a few 40 kill games, but they're few and far between.

I just prestiged for the first time, and am starting over. Doesn't seem to make that much of a difference, all the guns feel pretty similar to me. I still have no idea what to use for classes and attachments though. In MW3 it was always blind eye, hardline/Blast shield depending on the game, and steady aim/marksman depending on the map. In this one I'm all over the place. Still haven't found a sweet spot. I like the game because its new, but don't find it anywhere as addictive as the Infinity Ward games.

My KD in MW3 was around 1.6, and this one is 1.1.

I definitely like playing with parties though if at all possible. Malvado's friends are legit good and play TDM/Kill Confirmed mostly. The $Bus clan is mostly domination and that's super fun too.

post #54 of 228 Old 11-28-2012, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:

Last night I started running Engineer - Carepackage (For the reroll) - Blackhat x2 this is great fun. I love killing people with their own bouncing betty's and taking over their shock charges.

I've tried running with Blackhat a few times myself and all I manage to do with BH against bouncing betty's and shock charges is blow them up or disable them. How do you hack enemy BB and SC and turn them friendly?

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #55 of 228 Old 11-28-2012, 06:20 PM

Does any1 else get this annoying as hell sound glitch? It basically sounds like a helicopter or something, and the only way to fix it is to exit the game to the xmb

psn = b2real
post #56 of 228 Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclayton View Post

Does any1 else get this annoying as hell sound glitch? It basically sounds like a helicopter or something, and the only way to fix it is to exit the game to the xmb

I get that during zombies.

Join the AVS Folding @ Home team!! Team #55280

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #57 of 228 Old 11-28-2012, 09:58 PM

Liked: 12
The freezing is sometimes out of control for me. I had to go through the shut down/restart process 3 times within one hour I think. Very frustrating
post #58 of 228 Old 11-29-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

60 kills? How the hell did you pull that? I've had a few 40 kill games, but they're few and far between.
I just prestiged for the first time, and am starting over. Doesn't seem to make that much of a difference, all the guns feel pretty similar to me. I still have no idea what to use for classes and attachments though. In MW3 it was always blind eye, hardline/Blast shield depending on the game, and steady aim/marksman depending on the map. In this one I'm all over the place. Still haven't found a sweet spot. I like the game because its new, but don't find it anywhere as addictive as the Infinity Ward games.
My KD in MW3 was around 1.6, and this one is 1.1.
I definitely like playing with parties though if at all possible. Malvado's friends are legit good and play TDM/Kill Confirmed mostly. The $Bus clan is mostly domination and that's super fun too.

Well the conditions may have been just right. It normally happens in the Bonus Moshpit so I think I am getting into lobby's with other randoms playing objective based (DOM, Headq, Hardpt) games on Nuketown or Hardpoint. Then I get a sentry gun or 2 and they just go to work protecting the objective. Sentry guns in the this game are monsters. The 46 - 9 match I only got 24 kills with my gun/equipment 8 from a Stealth Chopper and the sentry guns made up the difference (what like 14 Kills). I had fun but not sure the other team did. Those game types can be longgg. It is tough to get 40+ kills for me in TDM or KC. I did go 41 - 11 last night I think but it never showed up in the Elite app. After 1+ years that Elite still has problems.

Yeah my friends are good and we normally have a good time. But my connection definitely brings the lobby down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

I've tried running with Blackhat a few times myself and all I manage to do with BH against bouncing betty's and shock charges is blow them up or disable them. How do you hack enemy BB and SC and turn them friendly?
I am not sure but I do not believe I have ever destroyed one with the black hat. It does destroy other things (enemy scorestreaks, tact inserts) You can even make enemy C4 your own. Hijack and booby trap enemy carepackages.

Here is Tmartn's video on it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintman View Post

The freezing is sometimes out of control for me. I had to go through the shut down/restart process 3 times within one hour I think. Very frustrating

I have not had freezing problems since the patch about 1 1/12 weeks ago.
post #59 of 228 Old 11-29-2012, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclayton View Post

got it twice
post #60 of 228 Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

I have not had freezing problems since the patch about 1 1/12 weeks ago.

That's odd. Anyone else still having issues with freezing after the patch?
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page