post #91 of 228 Old 12-01-2012, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwcafishing View Post

I am currently ranking up the MSMC with laser, reflex and handle. Working really good for me. Was on last night with it and had a kill confirmed match of 46-12 and 38-9. It was awesome, I probably had 7-8 games where my K/D was 3+. Then after a match a message came up stating a game update needed to be implemented. I implemented it and it brought me back to the main menu. After that it was horrible. I was playing with HDSapper and another buddy. Dudes were flying all over the place and just raping us. I would unload on a guy and then get killed. There was one guy with pistol that was just killing us. He was skipping around so fast and seemed to have 3 flack jackets on. I was going 6-20 or worse. It was unplayable. We switched hosts and kill confirmed games were unplayable. The three of us then jumped out and played domination and it seemed normal again. Just so random. Any thoughts on why such a drastic inconsistency????

Exact same thing happened to me this morning. I was ROLLING, getting 2:1 and 3:1 consistently, then BLAM! Went 2:13. WTF?? I think it's a combination of things. The "good" times are against a bunch of really poor players, and our connections are exceptional. Then when it starts to swing, it's cause the competition is much better, and we're in a lobby where the host connection seems to work against us.

I'm just gonna keep a close eye on things and if they start to go south quick, I'll take the hint and duck out of that lobby. I have no shame about ducking out against really good players. If they're WAY better than me, it's simply no fun - and that's why I play: To have fun.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 228 Old 12-01-2012, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 60
This game sucks. Don't buy it. Don't rent it. It is garbage. Don't do what I did and go off what other people say. They're all fanboys. This game has an unplayable connection no matter how many bars you have. Skip it and be happy knowing that you made a good decision. Because trust me, you will have made a great one.

500 gigs FTW.
post #93 of 228 Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 PM

Liked: 11
Well I vehemently disagree with you. I think this is the best COD since COD4. Yeah connection problems can be annoying but I believe that is something that will always be a problem to some extent. So I will tell everyone that reads your post to go buy it and decide for themselves.
post #94 of 228 Old 12-01-2012, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
Yeah that's real smart. Tell people to spend 60 dollars to find out that a game plays like ****. Great advice, guy. You have fun with that while people like me save people 60 dollars.

This game does not have ordinary connection problems. This game has constant and horrible connection problems. Unless you like supporting mediocre developers with your hard earned cash, I suggest you pay no attention to the Activision employee above me and spend your money elsewhere. Oh, and did I forget to mention the hard resets and freezing issues that are associated with the PS3 version? Yeah, those are great in extending the life of your console. But hey, don't listen to me -- wait until your console bricks after 38 hard freezes to decide whether or not the game is broken.
kwaidonjin likes this.

500 gigs FTW.
post #95 of 228 Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Malvado, got a 50-11 game tonight. Just went crazy on that boat map. The other team may have stunk though.

post #96 of 228 Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

The boat is the new Nuketown.
mookie b likes this.
post #97 of 228 Old 12-02-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Yeah that's real smart. Tell people to spend 60 dollars to find out that a game plays like ****. Great advice, guy. You have fun with that while people like me save people 60 dollars.
This game does not have ordinary connection problems. This game has constant and horrible connection problems. Unless you like supporting mediocre developers with your hard earned cash, I suggest you pay no attention to the Activision employee above me and spend your money elsewhere. Oh, and did I forget to mention the hard resets and freezing issues that are associated with the PS3 version? Yeah, those are great in extending the life of your console. But hey, don't listen to me -- wait until your console bricks after 38 hard freezes to decide whether or not the game is broken.

Wow, Blklighting, you are one negative guy.

I honestly don't get you here. But it's cool, I don't have to.

I can only speak for myself. I have had ZERO hard freezes, ZERO hard resets. Just checked CoD Elite, and I have 24 hours of play so far.

If by "connection problems", you mean having a better or worse connection than the other guys in the lobby... well, sure. We all have different connection speeds. I can accept that. If that means some games will go better or worse for me, than I can live with that.

I'm actually have a really good time, I like the game.

Not gonna argue with ya, I read a lot of your posts on AVS here, and I respect your opinion. But I really don't get the vehement hate you have for this game.

post #98 of 228 Old 12-02-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey Blklightning, what's your PSN Name?

post #99 of 228 Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Yep. Know about the freezes and haven't had one in weeks. I know others have. I never pretended the game was perfect but it is the best since COD4 for me. So I do recommend to others to spend thier 60 on it.

You talk like Activision screwed you mom. Sell the game and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

Malvado, got a 50-11 game tonight. Just went crazy on that boat map. The other team may have stunk though.

Nice. To me it is irrelevant that the other teams sucks. We can't control that. Now we just need to be able to do it while playing together.
post #100 of 228 Old 12-02-2012, 03:20 PM

Liked: 13
I haven't any hard freezes in the last two weeks as well. I agree that this is the funnest since COD4. If I get into a laggy match, I just jump out and start again. As we all know, it is most fun playing with others and communicating.
post #101 of 228 Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I also think it's the best COD so far.
1st time I'm actually wanting to be good at.

Past CODs my K/D ratio was around 0.80. This time I care and getting pretty good. My K/D ratio (so far) is 1.08 smile.gif
post #102 of 228 Old 12-03-2012, 07:48 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post

Finally pick up the game.
At first on my 60" HDTV at 1080p, it look bland,...I just found out about the texture install in the option,...much better.
I've never being very good, but like it. smile.gif

I just wanted to update that since doing this install, I haven't had the game freeze on me anymore.
post #103 of 228 Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I also think it's the best COD so far.
1st time I'm actually wanting to be good at.
Past CODs my K/D ratio was around 0.80. This time I care and getting pretty good. My K/D ratio (so far) is 1.08 smile.gif

Nice. I'm steady at 1.06.

It's SO satisfying to play the head games and end up on the right side (not die, in other words) with the opponent. You kill a guy, and you KNOW he's coming right back to get you, so you make the adjustment to be ready and... BOOM!! You get him again. Now you know he's REALLY pissed and coming back so you move to another spot in anticipation and BOOM!! You get him AGAIN!

My record is four kills on the same guy in a row. Love, love, love it.

Had a stretch last night of 23-6, 16-8, 17-9, 11-13, 21-9. That's about as good as it gets for me. Fun times.

post #104 of 228 Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

Nice. I'm steady at 1.06.
It's SO satisfying to play the head games and end up on the right side (not die, in other words) with the opponent. You kill a guy, and you KNOW he's coming right back to get you, so you make the adjustment to be ready and... BOOM!! You get him again. Now you know he's REALLY pissed and coming back so you move to another spot in anticipation and BOOM!! You get him AGAIN!
My record is four kills on the same guy in a row. Love, love, love it.
Had a stretch last night of 23-6, 16-8, 17-9, 11-13, 21-9. That's about as good as it gets for me. Fun times.

LOL I know that feeling, I had one guy doing that 3, 4 times in a row on the yacht map,.. I just stood there, prone, with L1 pressed waiting for him. So funny!
I used to be one of those guy going rambo and running like a headless chicken.
My best so far is 21 -4.
post #105 of 228 Old 12-03-2012, 10:37 AM

Liked: 40
Which is why I vehemently maintain that the scoring for every round should be based on K/D ratio and not merely number of kills.

The game is an immersion experience and nobody would really be running around without regard for their life just trying to shoot the first thing they see.

IMHO "berserking" is far more retarded than "camping."

Just keep talkin'. I'll let you know when you're right.
post #106 of 228 Old 12-03-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawnmcdonald View Post

Which is why I vehemently maintain that the scoring for every round should be based on K/D ratio and not merely number of kills.
The game is an immersion experience and nobody would really be running around without regard for their life just trying to shoot the first thing they see.
IMHO "berserking" is far more retarded than "camping."

Just for conversation's sake, I will say that it wouldn't be very fun if everybody just camped. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

post #107 of 228 Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Rushing is fun. Camping only takes patience which I don't have.
post #108 of 228 Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 AM

The age-old meme against camping.

I suspect people wouldn't just camp. I foresee they would hunt with a modicum of caution. Kinda like they would do in R/L.

post #109 of 228 Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
If you don't like the run-n-gun style then perhaps you need to explore other gametypes... or just not worry about it and stop fussing over points. Everyone knows that k/d matters in TDM style modes and sure that guy going 40-35 puts up big numbers, but he is doing almost as much damage to the team as he is good. Just play how you want to play as long as you know you are doing good for the team and the objectives.

You could go play S&D however if you like the defensive style better. There are still run-n-gunners in S&D, but it's a far more risky style of play there.

Even just playing stuff like domination rather then TDM would be more beneficial if you want to defend points rather then "berserking".

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
post #110 of 228 Old 12-03-2012, 02:23 PM

I'm a free-for-all guy.

Back when I sucked (more), I felt bad about being the reason my team lost. So I started playing solo.

And man, the vitriol against campers in free-for-all never ceases to amaze. I try to Mute-All, but there's always the one a-hole that pops in right after the game starts to load. He's the guy with the Tejano music blaring in the background and motor mouth that doesn't stop.

In MW3 camping pretty much meant that you were trading play style fun for any chance of winning.

But in Blops2, yes, you can camp like a muddy foyer and still come in first place. There's a spot on the Yemin map where -- if you can get there first and not get caught in the middle of a reload -- it's a near-guaranteed win. It takes a death machine plus a Scottish-level grudge to dislodge you.

post #111 of 228 Old 12-03-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawnmcdonald View Post

I'm a free-for-all guy.
Back when I sucked (more), I felt bad about being the reason my team lost. So I started playing solo.
And man, the vitriol against campers in free-for-all never ceases to amaze. I try to Mute-All, but there's always the one a-hole that pops in right after the game starts to load. He's the guy with the Tejano music blaring in the background and motor mouth that doesn't stop.
In MW3 camping pretty much meant that you were trading play style fun for any chance of winning.
But in Blops2, yes, you can camp like a muddy foyer and still come in first place. There's a spot on the Yemin map where -- if you can get there first and not get caught in the middle of a reload -- it's a near-guaranteed win. It takes a death machine plus a Scottish-level grudge to dislodge you.

I rack up some of my best scores on Yemen. I'd be curious to know where this spot is. I'm a run-n-gunner, I'll take my odds of coming to root ya out! ;-)

post #112 of 228 Old 12-03-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

I rack up some of my best scores on Yemen. I'd be curious to know where this spot is. I'm a run-n-gunner, I'll take my odds of coming to root ya out! ;-)

Many have tried.

That's the beauty of this spot. It's the guys coming back over and over again for revenge, or trying to thread a bullet... They are the reason I can go 40-4. The four deaths are when I run out of bullets, pick up a sh!tty, slow-fire AR from the pile strewn at my feet, and can't mow down the "Oh Imma gonna get you this time, Suckah!" guy fast enough.

For some reason -- and I don't really know why -- grenades and Simtex and C4 stun, but they don't kill when I'm in my hidey-hole.

post #113 of 228 Old 12-05-2012, 08:39 AM

The below is shamelessly stolen from a post by Myrtledog in the Xbox BLOPS2 thread regarding upcoming change to be made via patches:

- In the next patch, it will take a lot longer for a friendly player to hack his teammates Care Package.

- Nerfs and Buffs coming in next update.

- SMG penetration is probably too high. Something we are looking at for next update.

- Killer has some hidden Challenges. Those will be unhidden in the next update.

- uav spam? It's not the only thing changing. As we get closer, you will hear more about it.

These were taken Vondehaar's twitter.

mookie looks like you can be less jumpy with your carepackages when Larry and I are around now...

I kind of like the UAV spam. Made me not waste and attachment on a silencer and gave me more of an incentive to try Ghost (though I have not).

Just prestiged for the second time last night. I had not used my permanent unlock from my first prestige so I unlocked M8A1 and the black hat (I can't play with out it).
post #114 of 228 Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
First thing I thought of, you guys stealing my package.

I sort of found out also how I can throw my care package off the map and still get it with the black hat. Only downside is you can't roll it with engineer. I pulled one off the top of the boat on hijack last night.

post #115 of 228 Old 12-05-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

First thing I thought of, you guys stealing my package.
I sort of found out also how I can throw my care package off the map and still get it with the black hat. Only downside is you can't roll it with engineer. I pulled one off the top of the boat on hijack last night.

Yeah I had 2 or 3 in places that couldn't be gotten to last night. And agreed about the reroll. I almost always take the chance of putting it somewhere so I can reroll. Its like a slot machine, I can't pass it up.
post #116 of 228 Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm really improving smile.gif
K/D ratio 1.11.

Maybe not really impressive for you guys but for me, it's great!
I liked passed CODs but this one is my favorite.
post #117 of 228 Old 12-05-2012, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm really improving smile.gif
K/D ratio 1.11.
Maybe not really impressive for you guys but for me, it's great!
I liked passed CODs but this one is my favorite.

Awesome, I'm climbin' up too.

I'm up to 1.08 now. That's despite a horrible run this morning where I couldn't even get over 1:1.

I'm havin' a blast though. Hey guys, tell me how to join you for a game, I've never played with any of you, and I don't how how it works.

post #118 of 228 Old 12-05-2012, 10:13 AM

Yeah I have been climbing too. 1.01!! broke that 1.0 mark. Issue is I climb when I play solo but if I try to party up the lag gets so bad that I plunge back down again... mad.gif
post #119 of 228 Old 12-05-2012, 10:14 AM

Liked: 10
Even though there arent alot of posts on this thread compared to teh xbox one, it is 10x better.

Seems like all those guys do is whine about lag and complain.

Shoot me an invite, havent played much lately, but i'm YummyDownOnThis
post #120 of 228 Old 12-06-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyHuey View Post

Even though there arent alot of posts on this thread compared to the xbox one, it is 10x better.
Seems like all those guys do is whine about lag and complain.
Shoot me an invite, havent played much lately, but i'm YummyDownOnThis

Agreed that thread has really gone downhill.

Been having a great time lately playing. Went 61-13 on Nuketown Hardpoint last night 20 of those kills came from sentry guns. Tons of fun.

Can't wait for the patch to the black hat so Mookie will quit stealing my carepackages. biggrin.gif
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page