AVS Forum banner

Black Ops 2

10K views 227 replies 34 participants last post by  Christian Smith 
#1 ·
Picked up my copy yesterday, amazing surround sound! If you havent done it yet, click the audio test button in the audio settings tab..

When playing the game, however, my receiver is not getting a dolby signal, and defaults to a THX cinema mix. Is this happening to anyone else?

-Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm really digging it. I'm not very good (LOLOL) but look me up on there and let's play!

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaidonjin  /t/1439200/black-ops-2#post_22589754

My system keeps freezing up with this game , has done it 5 times so far. Any one else have this problem?

No.. But, I am one of thousands who can't play online at all.

Gamestop - "Most pre-orders ever"

Activision - "We're sorry our servers suck for a month..still"

They should expect this amount of stress on their servers by now

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaidonjin  /t/1439200/black-ops-2#post_22589754

My system keeps freezing up with this game , has done it 5 times so far. Any one else have this problem?

yes and thank god its not an issue with the ps3, but I've been hearing others are having game freezes, only question would be if it causes the ps3 any damage since it always has to reboot when you turn it off and back on again since it wasn't properly shut down.

#6 ·
I've had only 1 freeze so far and that was when I was trying to getting the Nuketown playlist. The problem I was having last night was it wouldn't start a match even though there was a full lobby. It kept saying need more players to balance teams.

The lag has been on and off. Some games it seems fine, others it seems like it terrible. Typical cod servers.

#8 ·
The sound on this game is bad ass, online maps look very well done, vibrant colors. Still plays like COD, but feels fresh (on line). So far I'm pretty impressed, other than the persistent connection and freezing issues. I'm sure they'll get it fixed, this is typical for a COD launch. You'd think they'd have it figured out by now.....

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm2003  /t/1439200/black-ops-2#post_22590835

The sound on this game is bad ass, online maps look very well done, vibrant colors. Still plays like COD, but feels fresh (on line). So far I'm pretty impressed, other than the persistent connection and freezing issues. I'm sure they'll get it fixed, this is typical for a COD launch. You'd think they'd have it figured out by now.....

I noticed this as well. Excellent use of Bass and a lot more depth than MW3.

#13 ·
I never really played the first one, but have the guns always been underpowered in black ops? Theres been times where i have someone running at me and ill b shooting them dead on with a light machine gun and yet still manage to get knifed. Also, does it normally take so many shots to kill someone? My only reference is mw3 and thought they would b similar

#14 ·
Okay, I just wasted a week following the Xbox thread, wondering why I couldn't get anybody to friend my gamertag.

D'oh!

The Xbox thread is 700 pages long. This one is 13 posts long. What gives?

Do we have an AVS crew playing as a unit on PS3?

Add me.

LoPingChicken

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawnmcdonald  /t/1439200/black-ops-2#post_22594901

Okay, I just wasted a week following the Xbox thread, wondering why I couldn't get anybody to friend my gamertag.

D'oh!

Add me.
LoPingChicken

They're better than us, and they know it!
I'm on ps3, but haven't had a chance to really dig into this game yet.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawnmcdonald  /t/1439200/black-ops-2#post_22594901

D'oh!

Add me.
LoPingChicken

I sent you a friend request

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic  /t/1439200/black-ops-2#post_22594528

I never really played the first one, but have the guns always been underpowered in black ops? Theres been times where i have someone running at me and ill b shooting them dead on with a light machine gun and yet still manage to get knifed. Also, does it normally take so many shots to kill someone? My only reference is mw3 and thought they would b similar

Black ops was similar....its pretty funny to see a final kill cam where its 10 point blank shots before they die.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclayton  /t/1439200/black-ops-2#post_22601682

What's every1's favorite weapon so far? I'm always a smg guy, so mines tied between the - mp7/msmc

Best AR for me so far are the type 25 with taget finder, quick draw and fast load. Also the m27 with targetfinder, silencer and fastload. Have not tried the an94 yet. Best SMG so far for me is the vector with red dot, long range and fast load. Same for MP7 but with Rapid fire. Have not tried Scorpian yet but think it might be the best... MSMC is ok, suppose if i got rapid fire i might like it more. I have not found a good silencer combination for SMG's yet, anyone have a good suggestion? I am the clan leader for $BUS clan if you want an invite, send me PSN message. We have a great time!

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBailey  /t/1439200/black-ops-2#post_22603895

Best AR for me so far are the type 25 with taget finder, quick draw and fast load. Also the m27 with targetfinder, silencer and fastload. Have not tried the an94 yet. Best SMG so far for me is the vector with red dot, long range and fast load. Same for MP7 but with Rapid fire. Have not tried Scorpian yet but think it might be the best... MSMC is ok, suppose if i got rapid fire i might like it more. I have not found a good silencer combination for SMG's yet, anyone have a good suggestion? I am the clan leader for $BUS clan if you want an invite, send me PSN message. We have a great time!

Silencer + dual/fast mag works best for me

My go to class

MSMC w/ silencer + fast mag

any pistol really

semtex

flack jacket/ghost

scavenger

tactical mask

I swap out flack jacket for hardline for kill confirmed & tdm. As dom, the 'B' flag tends to be a grenade fest in ground war

#25 ·
Fellas, help. Please.

I've got a Nuketown promo code that came with my storebought copy of Blops.

For the life of me, I can't figure out WHERE TO INPUT THE CODE!

I was sure it would be in Store, but when I go to Store, the "infinity clover" just spins and spins and spins. I let it spin for 30 minutes and nothing ever happened.

So where do I enter the Nuketown code?

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawnmcdonald  /t/1439200/black-ops-2#post_22604427

Fellas, help. Please.

I've got a Nuketown promo code that came with my storebought copy of Blops.

For the life of me, I can't figure out WHERE TO INPUT THE CODE!

I was sure it would be in Store, but when I go to Store, the "infinity clover" just spins and spins and spins. I let it spin for 30 minutes and nothing ever happened.

So where do I enter the Nuketown code?

You have to go to the Playstation Store and hit the "Redeem Code" button. (You don't do it in-game)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.